xisto Community
Mikhajist

How Many Of You Run Your Own Message Boards?

If you mean if i have made my own forum, no i haven't.I've alsow begin with proboards.com and then to invisionplus.com. and more, but i think that phpbb is better if you want to control your forum completely.I Beleave that if you download the phpbb and if you learn how to configure it well you can alsow take full control of that copy, but that could take lots of work and time. I am realy thinking to build my own forum but now i don't have much time to do it, in fact, i'm not even motiveted to do it because i already have to much work to do.

I have had my own forums for quite a long time. I have used proboards & myfreebb. But now I have my own message board. And I like to havemy own message board because then i have complete control over it. And your own forum doesn't have forced adds

Um, I dont mean to be quite rude or anything. But why did you post 3 times when you could have just edited your first post. Anyways, I have run boards in the past. And once started a gfx forum that failed. There are just so many gfx boards out there, its crazy. Only about like 35% of all the new gfx/graphic design forums" actually get pretty popular.

Don't worry Silent Warrior I deleted his triple post....left one of course lmao...I wish to make my own forum in the future......when I am more capable of mysql databases and php.... I doubt it though...making your own is better than using others because then you are more familiar with it...you see?heh...some people I know have made their own forums...simple ones though

i used to run a board, but i wasnt getting many members, only friends(non-Xisto). and even then it was only 1 or 2. i was using IPB 2.0.3. modded with the arcade, kenka rpg, shoutbox and unreal portal. but i removed it from my site and now im running a home page. anyways.. i find IPB way better than phpbb and all those other boards.

Well, I have one for my halo 2 clan, and this is actually the reason why I'm going with Xisto. We started with proboards, then we moved to our current host, fragism, because they had free phpBB boards that came with the hosting. Now, I'm moving to Xisto because my friend HellJumper has some source code boards here, and he says I can get mine hosted as long as I get 15 messages.

i use phpbb! and so far, its ok! =) until my site went down... =( ... but soon itll be up again! (thanks to Xisto!) ... lolz! anyways, my own forum have small members. more of my close friends only. but everyones welcome. squishybear.uni.cc

I have had my own forums for quite a long time. I have used proboards & myfreebb. But now I have my own message board. And I like to havemy own message board because then i have complete control over it. And your own forum doesn't have forced adds.

Se?or Maniac, yours looks like you ripped it from a GameFAQs spinoff. Sorry if you didn't, mine'll probably look a lot lot GameFAQs when I get it done, too. I just don't like stuff like Proboards or Invisionfree or whatnot because it doesn't feel personal. If you code your own you can do anything with it, and you can also see what you made come to life. Maybe I'm just weird, but that almost gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

My old site I ran myself, and the forum also. I don't imagine how it would be like to technically "own" your board, but only be like the moderator of it (even though you have webmaster capabilities) It's not the same feel as logging in to your forum and thinking "Heh, I could just delete this whole thing right... NOW!" lol. If you're the sinister minded type.