xisto Community
vipul20044

Job Vs Studies To study or to work?

Atleast in the country where i hail from that is India, i can say this without a shadow of doubt that here studies have become more of a minimum Qualification rather than doing something specialTO take an example, people all over the world prefer to do an MBA at a later stage of life when they have an experience enough to boost their managerial skills.
But here it is like, MBA has been downtrodden to a minimum Qualification as in, once you are done with Graduation, you will have to go for an MBA or else you will be left lurking with low salary and an average job.

True to it, that an experience can never be compared with anything because being practical counts more than bookish knowledge

But i often find myself in this fix that what shall i do?
Shall i go for a job as of now or shall i go for further studies

And to this date i didn't find an answer

Dear friend in this context I would like to comment that it depends upon the type of job you are striving for, what I mean to say is if you are striving for an administrative job ( IAS or IPS) , or if you are going for a job like of a professor etc. then obvious increment in your studies is a must. Otherwise what I think just don’t waste your time and give it a kick start i.e; your job. And your experience will count much than your degrees out there. For example my cousin who is an electronics engineer is now working as a software engineer. As this field is different from his usual studies but just because of his vast knowledge on it he got the aforesaid. So that’s it dear friend. Right stroke at right time, and you will be at the stage where you were dreaming of. 

You are from India, so am I. Quite related to your query, I myself am persuing MBA at one of the top 10 B-Schools in India and to answer your query, I have a simple answer; "Go by your own priorities, not the flow of environment." Do not think about any perceived trend, any already set path rather think what you want from your life, what is that you would like to see yourself within next 2-3 years, then within next 5 years and decide accordingly. I worked in the Industry for 3 years, then enjoyed life for 1 full year and now am here, doing what I thought wayback during my graduation!So it depends person to person, your conditions, your priorities and opportunities you encounter. Follow your heart- because as a decision maker for yourself it should be your own take always!As far as the outer environment is concerned, do not worry about the global recession phenomenon, India has its own consumer market for coming years, and if you have a fire you will be able to cherish your dreams very well.Hope this will help you make a good decision. All the best.

depend on situation, if u get a better job , probaly u will not study.but study more useful , because you can gain knowledge to make yours work goodthat why i studying now, 3rd years in university, half years remaining to graduate

Atleast in the country where i hail from that is India, i can say this without a shadow of doubt that here studies have become more of a minimum Qualification rather than doing something specialTO take an example, people all over the world prefer to do an MBA at a later stage of life when they have an experience enough to boost their managerial skills.
But here it is like, MBA has been downtrodden to a minimum Qualification as in, once you are done with Graduation, you will have to go for an MBA or else you will be left lurking with low salary and an average job.

True to it, that an experience can never be compared with anything because being practical counts more than bookish knowledge

But i often find myself in this fix that what shall i do?
Shall i go for a job as of now or shall i go for further studies

And to this date i didn't find an answer

I am also from India and have a work experience in a software firm. Now I am pursuing an MBA degree from a reputed institution here. From my experience, I should say that its always good to have a work experience and then go for an MBA degree but its not always necessary to have experiene for it. All depends on the analytical skills one has and how focused and dedicated he is. The only thing is that the college you are trying to go should be a good one.

Its important to get a good balance of both, and it ultimately comes down to opportunity. If you find your dream job without going to University, of course you'd take it. Or if the career you want requires a degree, then you'd go.In the end though you need both... you need the practical skills and the knowledge. Whether going to College is the way to achieve that knowledge or learning "on the go" with jobs is how you want to do it, is up to you.Personally I went to college and am now in grad school. I work part time because I need the money as well. Hopefully, when I graduate, it'll all be worth it :P

It's not the same in every place/family. Some families have their own buisinesses, so they can work on it, that way, No studies is better. But if you don't have any family buisiness or don't have anyone to get you a job without studdies, you MUST STUDY even if you don't want to.

Hi!The kind of education you require depends on the line of work that you are in. If you are a medical doctor, you can bet they're not going to practice until you get your degree and pass the licensing exam. For a graphic designer, education doesn't really matter - he/she just needs a really good portfolio and a couple of good clients to be able to scale the heights.Irrespective of what you do, experience does make you more desirable for a firm. The questions they normally ask are, "Does he/she have a proven track record? Has he/she done something similar? Will he/she stick around long enough?"Regards,Nitin Reddy

I would say here it depends on what kind of vocation you plan to pursue and how much of a career you intend to build. I would say for most paths, a better education is necessary. i understand taking time off. Sure there are other jobs that do not require more than a high school education but, these are limited and tend to come and go. I am not counting professional sports because that is different although I would still recommend an education. Most people are able to pick up an internship or co-op job with college so they are at least gaining some sort of money while in college or you can have a part time job to hold you over. If money is an issue there are student loans one can take out. Most of them are no interest and you are not required to pay any money on them until after you are out of school. This should normally help for one to continue studies and then they can jump right out of college. Of course you would have to start paying off the loans but they normally give you a lot of time to do so in addition.

Definitely, all people have to study before doing jobs. so I also recommend to study before doing jobs. It is better to know something to do something about that. First get skill and make a good career if you don't have skill you have to do very lower level job because of your study level. But I live in Nepal, not good studying colleges. But I am gonna to take MBA.