xisto Community
TypoMage

Game Consoles Why?

What is with all of the game consoles? I mean you buy the newest game console, and then out of nowhere a new system comes out. I mean why not come up with a game console every three years, because regularly I have seen them come out in a little under a year. And they are going to stop making Gamecube Games? That is complete bullcrap. I mean Gamecube is ok. Like I said they should make a really awesome Game System each like three years. Or as me and my cousins always bring up is they should make a universal Game system that can play more then one type of game, so what do you think? I sort of think it would be a little bit to big.

Well, they say that it is because they find new gaming programs, technology, etc. And, yes i do know what you are saying.
The Xbox 360 i think has been out for 1-2 years. Now, they are making the Xbox 360 Elite. Which is going to cost an extra 80$ than the original 360. It only has a few updates too. The hard drive is bigger, the system is black, and they made one of the processors smalled in size, but more powerful. Not many other changes than that. The only "Good" benefits of that is the black looks better than the white (my own opinion), and a bigger hard drive.

But, i think that the reason they make so many systems in short of a time is to make money. I think that everyone here knows that.

~Justin~
Edited by savagemonkeyz14 (see edit history)

yeah they do space the new game systems out quite a bit usually around 4 to 5 years. The reason they keep coming out with new game systems is because people get bored of today's game systems and want something new. Everything gets old and people are always going to want new things, just like the companies are always going to want more money so it works out for the both of us.The more interesting question about growing technology is computers, if you buy the top of a line computer right now, there will be a faster and better computer out within a month sometimes within a couple of weeks. It just goes to show that people have the need of wanting new things.

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

All these different game companies are just trying to keep up with the new software and upgrades that have come up. I think they should have a 5 year wait between systems. That would give everyone a good amount of time with their system. Also i think they should still make some games for their older systems if possible. If not the newest games that wouldn't be able to run on the older systems but just something so people aren't stuck with the system with no new games.

It's not really the fault of the game console producers. Although it is true that they will try to squeeze every last penny out of us, the reason why they release so many consoles is just so that they could try to keep up with current technology. At the rate technology has evolved, you can basically now consider the ps3 "old." A new console is released abut every year, while new technology usually takes about 3 months, and whole new architectures are created about every 8 mo. to a year. So in trying to become better then the competition and to offer more, game console makers try to spend as little time as possible to release brand-new consoles. And frankly, 90% of the attention is now turned on the new products, and the past generation is on its way to being forgotten.

Edited by dre (see edit history)

Yeah I hear that consolos are to some extent problematic you buy one and soon there is next one on the market and they stop programing games for the previous one.Solution here might be that games would run also on the new consol and on the previous one however with lower graphics and less modeling things. But you must also consider that they are financing themselves from the sales of those consols so as long market is buying one they will produce it as soon it becomes old fashioned and or competion puts out new product they will start working on new consol. Basicly all those things aren't that different one from each other. But I would suggest buying computer as you can change components as and how you like. You can change one component each six months or so and still have state of the art computer working that is playing all available games on the market.

The life of the game cube,x box, and ps2 has been lived long enough. If they made hardware upgrades for them then you would not have to upgrade as often but then the games would have system requirements just like a computer. So if you want to buy something that you will be sure that every time you see a game in a store and it says it is for your system then get a console and you will know that you will be able to play it.

Yes, I agree with above. And why do you need any game consoles when you have your trusty computer. And there should be patches for particular games that need them if they have a serious bug or something. Consoles need to be more flexible like computers or else they'll always be less popular than the computer

Game consoles are always coming out to stay ahead of the competition. If Company A released a totally awesome console,

Company B needs to get a better console on the market really fast or they will lose money. Companies need to keep

on innovating almost constantly to keep up with the competition. Now that companies are selling consoles at a loss and raising

the prices of games to make up for it, it's important that lots of people buy consoles and lots of games. Since some games

are made for more than one console, it's important that Company A has a better system so the game looks and plays better.

If competition was less, then companies would release consoles later than they would. They would also be sloppier as they

would be at a lesser disadvantage because there would be lesser competition.

You should be thankful that there is competition, as that provides a better product.

I've stopped buying most game consoles. Its ridiculous how fast they release new ones. I wont buy a PS3, and I may or may not buy a Nintendo DS lite. It does have its benefits. I can now buy games that are a few years old for $10! Old supernintendo games are now cheap and I can get another one for $20 or less. If these game companies keep this up, they wont make money from the poor, and they'll be messed up. Just wait when their stocks fall, then they'll listen.