xisto Community
lekrissy

My Weblayout Two versions

Here is my current weblayout on my main site. I changed it a few days ago for spring.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If that link doesn't work, try its Freewebs link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is my blog version of the layout.
http://kirei.nutang.com/

The difference between the two is that the blog layout doesn't have a footer, the header text is slightly different with a squiggly brush and the modules and entries have dividers. I left out borders and made the body and background white to make it open and bright, like Spring.

Tell me what you think. ^^

I like the image at the top..The overall design is quite bright. Thats is good, although the entire thing does look slightly overexposed, maybe consider making the overall tinge slightly darker, and by darker i mean really slightly!!I noticed you're using frames with different html pages in each:-These are really bad for robots to follow and just bad anyway (i did this with my old design - scrapped it! plus its difficult to follow / edit and also posed some problems when into certain situations with frames disappearing from links etc.), maybe consider merging the html (php or css) content of each one into one main bit.... then itd be niceIf you look at my request for a website review, you'd know I'm no expert so i really can't talk!!!! :(just a couple of suggestions... looks good overall though! :P

Jimmy, Good point about the Frames, but it might be that the Frames are used by the Hosting service. It is common for them to do that, especially for free web accounts.Krissy,Nice design. Excellent use of the space to provide all the information you include. Light is good, but as jimmy says, there could be some "contrast" by altering some of the backgrounds a little.I look forward to seeing your "summer" layout. :PIf you need a hand with html or CSS, just post on the Boards in the CSS or HTML Topics.

Thanks so much for your input! ^.^As to the frames, are you talking about my blog? Because I never have used frames on my websites ever. And the site my blog is hosted on is a blog community like Blogger, Xanga, ect, so they have control over whatever PHP or frames there may be. I don't know anything about PHP.[hr=noshade]Thanks, jlhaslip! ^^[/hr]

Thanks so much for your input! ^.^
As to the frames, are you talking about my blog? Because I never have used frames on my websites ever. And the site my blog is hosted on is a blog community like Blogger, Xanga, ect, so they have control over whatever PHP or frames there may be. I don't know anything about PHP.

Interesting... its surprising they convert pages to framesets with different frames. Nice to find something interesting in the evening!

Yeah I had no idea it had frames until you said something. lol Are you talking about the top part of the page with the navigation and such?

Frames are bad. Don't use frames under ANY circumstance. Also you changed the cursor, which is a bad thing to do. Don't change the cursor. Remember HTML Hell.http://catb.org/~esr/html-hell.html

I never planned on learning frames because I was told that they're complete crap, like you said. lol Plus, they annoy me so much when I see them on other websites. So, I ignored them. lol I always work with divs, tables or CSS, depending what type of layout I want.

But I didn't know about the cursor thing, so thanks for the tip. ^^

I think that it is a wonderful design, though I would add some style to the text on the main site, the blog is fine, but the text looks the same all over on the main site. Its a really good design though.

Thanks! I made the text the same on purpose because it's a simple theme. I didn't want to add too much to it. That's why I made the titles bold. I usually add images to the titles, but this theme is simple.

The blog version is much nicer IMO more compact, and the colors look more lighter on the eyes instead of the home version whereby the color is a little too bright for my liking. The only downside to the design is that it has too many ads at the bottom, I never liked ads in any website and it only brings down the overall value of it. Unless you need those ads to financially keep your blog up, I hope you could take those ads out. I noticed a possible flaw in your blog layout. The post 'Cute Pet Site' is sort of brought to the right hand side because of the image. I am not sure whether that is what you want, but I am a fan of blog entries being in a vertical order instead of some on the left or some on the right because that is way too messy for me.

I like the site but the colors need some work. It is way too light and can be hard to see. I either darken the green color or widen the size of the border so that it is more visible. The top images is really nice but is a bit too tall since it covers a large area of a small screen. If i can tell it is larger than normal on 1920x1200 display, then it has to be on a smaller screen.Next i would edit the gradient under neath the header image and either make it a uniform color or white in the middle moving to green on the outsides so that it looks a bit more normal. Next i would add some padding to the left side of the sections since the text comes way too close to the borders.Finally, i would put a border around your link section titles. This will make them easier to see and easier to distinguish from the rest of the text.

Thanks for all your suggestions! You're so helpful. ^^

Agreed on that the Light colors, needs to be darken a bit, I would go with a dark border where that horizontal nav bar is at (though not being used) make that darker as well. I got with a bigger more solid font, since the color light and hard to see.For your header use the background color you have for your footer and put it there it would go perfect with it. The text is fine just the way it is.For the blog version most of what I could apply especially the header, of course those force headers and footers they have ruin the design but that's the price I guess :lol:.

I also agree on the light colors, but it really is a nice looking template. Very professional looking, it's a fitting theme, and nicely put together. Nice work. :lol: