xisto Community

I'm starting to belive that charity do nothing. I do belive their is poverty but these charitys are doing nothing to help. They are pocketing the money we give probably to fund warfare or something. Think about the amount of money given to Research and yet they haven't found the cure. It doesn't take billions of money just to find 1 cure.There is probably something to do with the government holding back the charitys. If we found a cure for Diseases the government would lose loads of money. With us paying them to prolong the diseases we have and not curing it forever. That is like paying them for your whole life.But hey, this is just what I think.

Charities do an awful lot of work, and it is often very difficult for them to do it too. Most of the people working for them are volunteers, and they are funded solely by donations from the public. Charities such as Cancer Research spend a large amount of money, along with others, researching cures but that takes time. Cancer, for example, is not always genetic, is hard to detect, can't be stopped with drugs, appears quite randomly and kills quickly. Painstaking research and scientific analysis and tests does take billions to fund. Cures to diseases and cancers are actually beneficial to the government. If a cure is found then the NHS spends less on treatment and trying things and can cure people quickly, easily and cheaply.

I agree with rvalkass, charities are very important. When some people give there money to charities, they expect to see an instant result, thinking that the guy taking the money will say, "Your feeding 1 poor child in Africa for 10 years." But, not everything can go to things like this. They have to maybe use it to pay for shipping charges or other small things. Most charities don't just give their money they receive to one child, but rather a community. They help everyone out a little, but not enough to go through life. They do a lot of behind the scenes work. Charities alone can't solve the world's problems. Science and research requires time and money. We would never find a cure for cancer if we were just examining pictures. We need equipment and money to fund these things. Eventually it will pay off, or so I am lead to believe.

There are some bad charities, sure. A few are straight-up scams, yes.But for the most part, with proper oversight and boards of directors and volunteers who actually want to make a difference, charities can be awesome things. Curing any disease/illness - AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis, cancer, whatever - takes time. Researchers have to have buttloads of money to put into researching each possible cure. The scientists and doctors have to have the right equipment. Have you priced some of that equipment lately? Very, very expensive.The charities devoted to finding cures also have to fund other things. The people who give their full-time working lives to charities have to make a living. The charities have to promote themselves and put together fund raisers to bring in more money: that takes money. But for the most part, charities are basically organized and efficient groups that make the goal easier to achieve. If you have an organized effort to find a cure for cancer, you're a lot more likely to succeed - and sooner - than if every individual tried to do it on his or her own.

although at times i do feel my donation don't contribute to much, in the end at least its something. charities can't simply find cures because they have a lot of money. they need to spend time researching and experimenting so they can further their knowledge, which may one day lead to the discovery of a cure. cures aren't always easy to work with and often take many decades to discover. your funding may not get a cure right away but at least they're going to something productive and helpful.

I would just say that depends on the charity organization that you are funding onI dont expect big names like Unicef and CRY to cheat peopleThey actually do an awful lot of work for the welfare of people and the downtroddenThink of it , if people start thinking negative about these organizations, what will become of those who are being benefited by all this?

I know most charities make a difference. Sure, I've never been [DIRECTLY] on the giving or receiving end of a charity, but I know they put out millions of dollars regularly to help out the needy.I think it's more an issue with the people receiving things. It's kind of hard to explain, but sometimes people get so lazy that they need people to KEEP helping them out, instead of receiving that one push at the beginning and working from there. That's the point at which charities just can't make a difference.Yeah, they help people every now and then, but after that, the person has to help them self as well.

I believe that two-thirds of all charities do what they say. There are some, like the Red Cross, that help a few people, take some pictures, and run. They barely helped when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. They also had to be sued to give the widows of 9/11 the money they were owed. I believe that the smaller charities are the ones that are doing the work they claim to do.

I'm starting to belive that charity do nothing. I do belive their is poverty but these charitys are doing nothing to help. They are pocketing the money we give probably to fund warfare or something. Think about the amount of money given to Research and yet they haven't found the cure. It doesn't take billions of money just to find 1 cure.
There is probably something to do with the government holding back the charitys. If we found a cure for Diseases the government would lose loads of money. With us paying them to prolong the diseases we have and not curing it forever. That is like paying them for your whole life.

But hey, this is just what I think.

Charities are good and bad.
There are some Charities ( The Red Cross ) that are around the world are trying there best to help the people in povertized countries. This is not an easy feat as a lot of people need there help. You can not jsut come on to a site and bash ALL charities because of something that a couple do.

Also, to find a cure for something you dont know how to solve, that is like saying " I found God today" which is completely NOT true, because there is no evidence that there is a God... so how do we know that there is a cure for something we know so little about? that is why the do RESEARCH.