xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MusicOnly

I Am No More Addicted To... internet and pc

Hello my dear friends!Well last few weeks i was going through really hard time. Maybe you have seen mine discussion about my cousin who stopped playing guitar. He was my idol.. so last few weeks i was thinking about myself as an artist and as an guitar player. Do i want to continue playing? Is this worth of the time i spend playing? Believe it or not YouTube helped me solve this problem. I saw one guy who plays guitar amazingly and suddenly i realized that this is it. music is my life and i have to continue playing guitar.. To get more time to practice i stopped being addicted to one thing! This is worse than a cocaine or anything similar! I am no more addicted to INTERNET and computers.. usually i spend around 3 hours on Internet and now i am only for 20 minutes a day! Just to check my mail and my friends here on trap. This is great feeling because i now have more time to practice and for myself..but the funniest thing is that i am going in school for computer technician:DCheers!(20 min for today are over)

That's great! I'm on the computer around 2 hours on weekends, 1 hour on weekdays. I'm not a big guitar player myself, but I do like to play for fun. It sounds like you found your passion in life. I don't know how you can stop being on the computer, it seems like an impossible feat :P. It's amazing the things Youtube can accomplish lol. Hopefully you will be successful in playing guitar and join a good band. Rock on!!

I'm glad to hear you are continuing your love of music. Things like this will probably make you a better player in one way or the other because you have a passion for it. I wish I could stop my addiction to the Internet. I probably ought to because it keeps me from school work a lot of times. lol I don't know how you are going to continue with your major as Computer Technician if you want only 20 minutes a day on the computer but I hope things work out for you there and play on.

If 3 hours a day is an addiction...I dread to think what I have :P :(But well done on stopping it :( I know I'd have a hard time doing it...I'd be able to do it for a few days, but then I'd probably want more again :(I hope it continues, and good luck with playing the guitar!

lol I don't know how you are going to continue with your major as Computer Technician if you want only 20 minutes a day on the computer but I hope things work out for you there and play on.

i also dont know how will i manage to do this, but for now its working. today is my 8 day of being non addicted! it was very hard in the beginning but now it s completely normal. thanks for your support!

If 3 hours a day is an addiction...I dread to think what I have :(:lol:

lol.. got me to remember about the online internet addiction tester
Scored a 52 this time

neway I think it's cool to really have a good drive wanting to become a guitar hero. my old friend mike was the best guitar player I have ever met. He always had his acoustic with and jammed wherever we went. You are making a good choice :lol:

I took the online addiction test and scored a reassuring 45. That means that I don't seem to have an addiction that needs to be changed. There is a good thread about addiction on the forums. Go looking for it and you may find some interesting things to post on.

i am no longer addicted to....e-mail. did you know that people check their email about five times a day, and a quarter of them cannot go without it for more than three days at a stretch?

i am no longer addicted to....e-mail. did you know that people check their email about five times a day, and a quarter of them cannot go without it for more than three days at a stretch?

Heh, I used to check email every 30 mins. 4 different email accounts. But now I have them all in Windows Live Mail so it just sits on my desktop and lets me know anytime any of the 4 emails has a new message. No more having to keep refreshing!(And it updates every minute, so I know almost instantly)

I would say that I'm pretty addicted to the internet in general though, but it's mostly because I am a "geek" of sorts. I love to learn. I can't stand sitting around idle. I have to constantly add *something* to my knowledge bank.

And those who claim that the internet is bad...Really you could say the same thing about other stuff as well.

Those who play football all day every day(pros) are geeks of the football trade.

Those who write all day every day are geeks of their writing career.

Everyone has that one specific thing that they do all the time(even if it is socialization) and so it just depends on what you choose to do. Everyone is different, so of course not everyone will have the same hobbies.

So for me, being "addicted" to the internet isn't a real issue. It's nothing I need to resolve, because I'm not in denial and I know exactly what I'm doing.

Scored a 52 this time

Guess I'm not a hard core addict. I only scored 28. Thanks for posting the link.
Actually, if it wasn't for the fact that this is how I make my living, I'm not sure how much time I would even spend on the computer. I don't think I would be on it much at all, unless I had a topic I wanted to reasearch, or maybe if I had lots of $$$$ I would enjoy browsing E-Bay occasionally. And on days like today, when it is bloody cold outside, it's not a bad way to spend some time. But usually by nature, I prefer outdoor activities. I think I have a touch of claustraphobia, really don't like being inside any great length of time.

At any rate, I'm glad you have found your calling. You just keep strumming that guitar if it makes you happy. Just don't forget all your friends here at Xisto. Remember, you have to find a balance in life. All of one thing and one thing only is not healthy.

It's good that you realized this.Computers are definitly addictive.Especially with kids.On this subject, I have a theory that Brazil is the best soccer team in the world becausenowhere near as many of the kids have computers tomess around on all day,so they play soccer instead.Everybody goes on about computer game this and computer game that.What about real games like pool and chess?In many ways computers will dilute skills.People see them as being way too important.

Scored a 52 this time

neway I think it's cool to really have a good drive wanting to become a guitar hero. my old friend mike was the best guitar player I have ever met. He always had his acoustic with and jammed wherever we went. You are making a good choice :P

I just scored 52 also. Only a little bit of a problem. I'm glad, I was getting a bit worried :P

Man, I am addicted as well. Well, at least since I got a good PC few years ago, I no more count the words in the sentence. I now think on everything like sending a SMS(I just keep repeating the numbers you need to type to write a sentence in a text message, I am the fastest cell phone typer in the world :D). But anyways, that is going to bypass too, and yes, that was a wrong example. Maybe the reason I sit in front of my PC for so long is because of the reason I'm trying to earn more money in the Internet, which i don't think is an addiction. Is more like money freak or something, I enjoy doing it, I can do it whole day long.