xisto Community
FunkySurd

Online Education Tell me how you think of it

Actually, online classes CAN still provide interaction with other students. The class's Web site can include forums, chat links, et cetera. You can send and receive e-mails, too. So you can keep in touch with other people in your class...and with the teacher(s). As for educating younger students (elementary, for example) online: those kids still interact with society. They can have video conferences, for example, or send messages back and forth with other students. But even if they don't do these things, they still socialize. Kids in the neighborhood, church youth groups, their sports teams, et cetera, all provide various types of social interaction.

Well to me honestly I think online education is not a great thing to do!I mean most of the time u are interacting with the computer and if u have friends they are over the computer and not real life friend like ur school or university, but some people may have different idea over this!
Tell me what u think?

Online education may not be the replacement for formal education. But for casual learner who want to learn something intresting to him,but cannot afford time ,money
for formal education "online tutorials" are just like boon.
Best way to learn online;-
Create an offline study group and take online tutorial simultaneously then discuss with each other to remove doubts
Technical things like SEO, progrmming languages are best to learn online provided tutorial is well structured.
I learnt HTML,CSS online .It helped a lot.
http://www.w3schools.com/ is best place to learn web design languages..

I think online education is great. It is far more convenient than having to take classes where you have to travel and buy all the right equipment. Its great being able to start up your computer, and start learning. Its so much easier. It may not be good for a social life, but thats not the point of it. Its for education. It doesn't mean you are constantly at your computer and have no time to get out and have a social life. Although, I think the success rate of real classes will be higher, as it does depend on the student, and his/her dedication to learning. In an actual class, the teacher can see if you are struggling, or need extra help, or enforce your homework. With online classes, its more up to the student. So it may suit some people, but not others. Overall, I think its a great way to learn.

I agree on some parts that online education is good, but when it comes to taking computer classes I prefer the hands on method in a classroom environment then reading a book and don't doing practical exercises. Best example was my hardware class, it was mostly reading and answer questions and then putting a computer together at the end of the semester. Of course you lose that interaction as well with people when your discussion things on the computer. Nonetheless., I agree its the most convenient thing ever because most of my classes I would have to take is like 3-4 hour (one way) to take this class, and with whats going on in the world today that isn't possible to do on a daily or weekly basis.

I accept ur thought.But, for the recent technology revolution , we have to adapt ourself.Right now all the international certifications has been changed to CBT.If its new to us, its difficult to adapt or take some time.So,we have to introduce online education(elearning) from the schools.

Well to me honestly I think online education is not a great thing to do!I mean most of the time u are interacting with the computer and if u have friends they are over the computer and not real life friend like ur school or university, but some people may have different idea over this!
Tell me what u think?

hi I have done online education. One of my three Master's degrees was completed online. Honestly, I believe the online Master's was harder than my other two.isemi-retired. While I never worked for a fortune 500 company, people I worked with five years ago didn't hold University of Phoenix in high regard.There may be companies that reimburse employees for University of Phoenix degrees, however, there are some that won't. Intel Corp. is one big company that will not reimburse employees for a business degree from University of Phoenix.Yes, I have a problem with the cost. Why pay University of Phoenix, Capella, or Kaplan or any other for-profit school tuition if you can get the same degree online from a state school for 1/2 the cost?Accreditation does matter. However, there are several different levels of accreditation. There is regional accreditation which is what the typical state schools and most of the for-profits have. There is also specialized programmatic accreditations that are over and above regional accreditation. Some examples of these are AACSB for business, ABET for Technology and Engineering, APA for psychology programs etc. For-profit, online schools usually won't have these types of accreditations. Many state schools will have these accreditations.Good luck,

Online may be more difficult because it is totally independent and you can't really interact with the 'teacher'. It is a good way to develop your independent studying and most material are of quite a high quality. I learned CSS, (X)HTML and Javascript on the internet and now I am just being bored in class because I already knew all of the course...

I occasionally take an Internet class, but most of my college education has been on campus.
There's nothing wrong with learning online. It's a great way for a lot of people to get a degree: people whose schedules might not be consistent enough throughout the semester.

As for making friends: if that's the MAIN reason that somebody is going to college, then I feel sorry for whomever is paying that kid's tuition bill. Oh, sure, making buddies at college is great, but that shouldn't be the big reason to go to school.

Isn't it important to network? I mean, isn't that the reason for going to say, Harvard, Yale, or Stanford? The connections? After all, if classroom instruction is all there is to college, college is on its way out for sure. The interaction and networking is what people are paying those high-*bottom* prices for. Otherwise it makes no sense to go.

I think that online education is such a great advance for rural or less populated areas, where you have to make real trips to get to a school. And for people with some kind of physical handicaps that can't move easily. For the rest I think gatehering in a school is more healthy, because you develop social skills that sooner or later you'll need in life. Anyway I think a combination of both should be the future. For example in a week you could go one day to the school, speak with your teachers, etc. and the rest of the days at home with your computer, exercises by email, etc. I think this could also be a great formula for online work, you just go periodically to your work place just to keep the relationship and see everything it's ok and then work from home.

Online education helps,but I am both in favour of it and in against of it.If I talk in favour of online education then I would say that it may be a good idea for future and I think many online educating companies or organisation provides good and animated tutorials for learning,and these improves 3D imagination and has lot more positive aspects.Also if someone lives in some remote area where there are no good teachers available or where there is no good teaching then online education can be good in those cases I think.Online education also saves a lot of time as there is no need to go to tuitions or even if online education is taken more seriously then there is no need to go to schools also.Nowadays I see and I myself experience then a lot of time is wasted in going to schools and tuitiond for studying and thus there is less time for self studies,so in these case online education can be important for me.But If I talk in against of online education,which I could also have tried a long back,I think that taking education is good in many aspects but its one of the greatest negative aspects is that it hampers the growth of a child in terms of interactions and also affects the social life because if one goes to schools then there are lot of friends around and thus there is a healthy social circle.Taking education has got another negative impact on the child that he/she remains in home for a long time and thus these may affect him/her mentallySo I think that online education should be taken only if it is not possible to go to schools to one reason or the other.But it should be avoided when there are good schools around.

Tell me what u think?

i havent tried taking a class online but i did try to do SAT prep and i think it was a failure because i got distracted so easily because i was at my house and it was so boring so i did not get a lot out of it, that's why now i'm taking a class now. but most people the main reason they take online classes is beacause it's easy but i think it's boring and unhelpfull but that's just my opinion.

Anythings better than getting up at 7 every morning lol... it depends what your learning online.. languages it's better to do with people unlike computing which is better from home

Assuming we are talking about accredited online education, here is my opinion.I think online education is only for the strong-willed. Because most aspects about it are virtual, it becomes difficult to force yourself to do the material. If the course is designed to go at whatever pace you are comfortable at, it could take you a long time to finish. In many classroom courses, one of the requirements for a grade is to do a presentation. It's very hard to have this requirement for online courses, which may be a good thing if you're afraid of public speaking. It seems that online courses are tougher, because you really have to prove that you know the material. In a classroom, you are sitting there for a few hours each week absorbing knowledge. In a classroom setting, you may discuss the assigned reading in a group discussion, but online, you may have to write a written response to it. Online classes seem to have much more writing assignments.

Ya that is right. i too feel that online education is not all what we want in life. As we r a living being our overall development is only possible when we intract with the masses/ only then we can leran more and do great.after all we r not a virus that 24hrs sit in front of the computre. Even only when we intract with masses we may fall in love and the get our sole mate. After all in life we need to live with love not with anything.So i prefer to stay learning in class room than in online.Surley for reference i would use online internet, Not as a integerate part of my life.I am a nature boy, so i love to dwel out not in a room with a computer.