xisto Community
FunkySurd

Online Education Tell me how you think of it

Well to me honestly I think online education is not a great thing to do!I mean most of the time u are interacting with the computer and if u have friends they are over the computer and not real life friend like ur school or university, but some people may have different idea over this!Tell me what u think?

I prefer the online education, so you can educate yourself from your home and from anywhere in this world... more than that you can learn many subject and certeficates at the same time and without need to take a bus and lose tons of time.

if u have friends they are over the computer and not real life friend like ur school or university

I think the objective to go to the university or to the school is 'Education' not making friends .. just my opinion.

I prefer the online education, so you can educate yourself from your home and from anywhere in this world... more than that you can learn many subject and certeficates at the same time and without need to take a bus and lose tons of time.

I also prefer online study. I am busy and I don't drive. To much time traveling back and forth. I can do my lesson, cook dinner and do laundry all at the same time. 3 things in a few hours. For me having friends online is an extra perk. Networking all over with opportunities to learn about other lives.

CMoore

I occasionally take an Internet class, but most of my college education has been on campus.There's nothing wrong with learning online. It's a great way for a lot of people to get a degree: people whose schedules might not be consistent enough throughout the semester. As for making friends: if that's the MAIN reason that somebody is going to college, then I feel sorry for whomever is paying that kid's tuition bill. Oh, sure, making buddies at college is great, but that shouldn't be the big reason to go to school.

i think takeing online class's its better because going too college doing all this work studying and all of this is no need for it because u can take online class's basically u can lay down on ur bed and do ur work lol and u can have brakes at the end of 3 or 4 months too me its good i dont know about anybody else's point of view but thats mine

I recieved my Associates of Arts and my Bachelor's Degree in Business from AIU Online. It took me about a year and a half and consisted of 5 week courses, one or two at a time. The courses had assignments each week of an individual assignment, a group project and a discussion board to participate in. It required individual discipline to complete each of these assignments in a timely and professional manner. Some courses were harder than others but I managed to graduate with a B average. Having completed a course of action that led to the reward of a degree was a major accomplishment for me. Because of my mental status of being considered disabled due to being labelled bipolar, the online setup was perfect for me. On my good days I could accomplish lots and get ahead of the program. On my bad days I could do only that which was really important and put off the rest until I was more mentally able to handle it. I was not going to school for social reasons, it was so that I could say that I had completed something I had set my mind to doing. There were times I wanted to give up, but I would just reschedule my assignments until the mood had passed. That is one nice thing about being bipolar, you can always count on your mood changing if you just wait long enough. Online schooling cost about the same amount that being in a classroom would have cost. I now have the obligation of repaying my student loans. The education I got I am now using with my computer activities. I am also using it to advise others in their business operations. Overall, online education was a very good experience for me. Degrees earned online now carry about as much power as classroom education, sometimes more. Anyone seeking certification should certainly consider online education as a way to go.

It doesnt matter where you get your education as long as you have one. But some people only go to college for the parties so they would not like the online colleges available. But I feel it doesn't matter.Now if your talking about elementary school online education, if there is any, then no I dont think it is good because you are missing out on the interactions between other kids something like social skills which otherwise will be hard to get back, but on a college standpoint for somebody who really wants an eduation, and doesnt care for the parties or other on-caompus events that it is perfectly fine.A good way to get both an on-campus experience and off-campus is to take some classes online and some at the campus so you are able to experience everything college has to offer ;)

The great thing in online education is that it really saves your time. You can schedule your day so, that you have enough time for studing, working and for some personal relations and activities.Bad thing is that you do not communicate with other students. I don't mean making friends with them - friendship is great, but you come to college not for that, i guess. I mean that communicating with other people that study the same things that you do can be very usuful for the process. You can brainstorm together, change your ideas and solutions, and so on. You can do that via Internet of course, but it's not that good as "real" talking, i think.Good luck in your studies, friends!:unsure:

The only thing I know a bout online education is taht it's easy to slip up. I have taken an online education course (WRiting in CyberSpace) at my school. I don't have experience with online universities and things like taht but I did take a class online. It was strictly on the web and no meeting in classrooms was necessary. The teacher would talk to us through a website and a course blog. He would post reading assignments and dsicussion topics and let us respond and have us make at least 2 comments a week on that blog. I enjoyed it because I didn't have to wake up for a class. It stunk because I would forget to log on sometimes.We also had to keep a blog of our own.....post definitions and term ideas on a Wikipedia type page....and make a few podcasts/videos. It was fun overall but I learned how easy it is to skip out of doing work. Luckily I made up a bunch of the work and didn't have to worry about a bad grade.

Online education is only for those type of people who beleive in self study. He should be sincere enough to be able to successfully complete the course. Mainly people away from university or doing part time study prefers online education.I am in favour of Online education as far as the student is having full devotion in study. But online education for school students is not good as it will not fulfill the basic requirement of primary education that is to make the student self sustainable in society. Every thing can't be learned by reading only one must have some sort of first hand experience also.

Online education is okay. I wouldn't say that it's good for everyone, because as we all know there are procrastinators out there, and procrastinators just like to put off things, I know I do. I guess online education is a good way of learning if you're dedicated to the topic, or if you prefer to just learn that way.

There are pro's and con's when it comes to online education. For one, it's a lot convenient if you want to study in the comforts of your own home. I know there are some actors and actresses in my country who go to online classes (my alma mater offers online education, or as we call it, distance learning). You get to do your homework without the hassle of hurrying and getting late for your class.I don't know if the online education system works well ("well" meaning getting 100% output, but then again comparing it to other kind of education isn't the right thing to do). For one, the output depends on the person him/herself. If the person is dedicated, he/she can do well in such, but there are a lot of temptation with such styles. As one user mentioned, you could get easily distracted.

Online education probably isn't the best thing to do when you want to take Physical Education. People do that thinking they can get out of doing all the workouts and what not but end up having to do a lot of written homework. Other than that, I think online education is a pretty good idea. If people can learn by reading and seeing pictures then it's a good way to go. You can learn anywhere where there is an internet connection and be comfortable at the same time. It's probably good for people who don't like being in a school environment but it also isn't really that great with the social life, you'll have instant messenger. Of course as soon as you finish what you need for class though, you can leave without having to wait for "class to end" and you'll have more time to do other things. Maybe it's not all that good to do full time if you are in high school but to take some online and some at an actual high school itself.

Hello,I am a freshmen and sophmore this year, online school is alot easier for me personally because my parents are split up, so i am traveling all over the countery alot to see both of them. Not to mention i do fly out to my friends alot.So for me i honestly love it, i recommend everyone atleast doing public school till highschool because after jr. high you have some friends and people who you can trust around you, while i am not expecting all those friends to stay soild and true friends you will be able to meet new people through them even if you don't go to a normal high school.I learned alot more teaching my self radther have a teacher sit there and tny to explain it at a amazingly fast speed (honors classes) i get to do it at my pass not the teachers.I love online school it helps since i am a full time web developer.- John