xisto Community
Norrad

Would You Go On A Trip Into Deep Space? Even if you knew you were never coming back...

Would you go on a trip into deep space?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the topic says, if you had the opportunity to go on a deep space mission but you knew it was a one way trip, would you do it?Lets say fro arguments sake, that you would see the following sights:The moonMarsJupiter and its moonsSaturn and the outer planets.I would like to see what everyones opinions are, I would personally do it if I had the opportunity.

I would not do it. ( I do not wont to get sucked out of a hole the size of a nickel )But thanks for asking! :P

I would not like to go to a deep space mission cause i would not have my computer lol it will be cool to see the moon and all those planets but i will get bored and plus i dont want to be stuck in space.

I would do it. Space intrigues me. I would really like to go exploring Mars. As long as I survive I am good. I would find it really interesting to go to the planets and the moon and maybe even search for life. I would build a fort on Mars :P Jupiter I don't know if you can even stay on there but I'd like to see the big red dot with it looking really big. Even going off to Pluto the not so planet as long as there is a heater on the ship. It would be pretty hard to though to leave my family and friends on life on Earth but I think it'd be quite the experience. But you know, if I were to it'd be far in the future and I could probably see them everyday. Best internet connection :D

I voted no because it is fun and all but its just like taking a vacation and on vacations i would not like to worry about dieing or anything like that, and i would be scared out of my mind up there every little sound would rattle me and i would jump at anything, not what i'd call a nice vacation or getaway, now unless u were a Astronaut then it would be your job but if it was for "entertainment purposes" only i would not like to be up there :P

I voted "I don't know". Space is a vast unknown area, being able to see some of it would be a great experience. Seeing Pluto and laughing at how it got kicked out of the list of planets, the Kupiter belt, etc. Would all be great to see all of this stuff in one life time. In the end though my decisions would depend on the situation back home. If I'm at a good enough age to say that I've seen enough, or that I'm really just about to die soon, then I'd take the trip. If its not free I wouldn't do it :P

if its a one way trip no way I love life on earth way to much.if it wouldn't have been a one way trip maybe I would have go to try this out.I think this must be fantastic out there,A must see but with a come back lol.

I wouldn't risk my life on something like that. The technology doesn't seem to be at lest 99.9 percent safe. Even though the sites would be beautiful, its still not worth it.Imagine this:"Wow, what beautiful sites in the universe," you're thinking. "Jupiter is so huge!"You're drifting and looking around. You've been in space for many weeks, contacting your friends by internet from your 1,000 square foot space RV."This is the best thing I've even done," you think. "Wait until they see what they missed! I better get a good shot of Jupiter's moons."SWOOSH you hear. From your window, you see a large plate mass in front of you. Its the portion that contains your oxygen and supplies. Toothpaste, pens, and human waste float farther from you as seconds pass. "NASA, come in NASA!" you shout into your headset-speaking device. "Can you hear me!?"You hear static. Multiple noises come from all around you. Screws and other pieces are falling out from their proper place. Then your window floats off. NASA still doesn't respond, making you panic and wet yourself. You feel cold and alone, doubting you'll ever make it back. The stench from your urine reaches you and makes you gag. Oxygen is sucked from your lungs. No air; no space; no time. You feel claustrophobic.You hold your breath, seeing Jupiter and the stars as symbols of death and destruction. You reach for the escape pit in the next room. The door to the pit wont open. No more static. The power is gone. You can't hold your breath and try to breathe. Nothing. Your lungs pull on themselves. Your body increases in pain. You can't move. Moments later everything has gone black.The government knows there was an error, but in an effort to try and stay not guilty, they say they haven't lost contact. Your family and friends find out from a truthful NASA member that you've passed. They hold a secret funeral in tears, wishing that you never went on that mission. "Its suicide" they warned, but you didn't listen. Now that its too late, they hope that you soon rest in peace in the paradise of your religion.Now would you go on a deep space mission?

Edited by CinnamorollTK (see edit history)

Now would you go on a deep space mission?

Hmmn... how do I put this... If you, CinnamorollTK were part of NASA or the government, then I probably would have stayed in bed :)

Seriously, though, the only things I see, which I have to fear, in a deep space journey is loneliness and claustrophobia. If I'm ever gonna make the trip, I'd like an asteroid-sized craft hurtling through space instead of a small and cramped broom closet where I have to sleep with my knees hugged close to my chest.

I'd like some gravity too, 'coz weightlessness can be interestingly novel only for so long. Having an AI robot capable of human interactions would also be great, even if it's Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) or G.I.R. (Invader Zim)

I once read a booked called Yargo by Jacqueline Susann where a human girl, mistakenly picked up by a (supposedly) far more intelligent extraterrestrial race disabled from feeling emotions, has been sentenced to an exile in deep space. She was initially sentenced to death, to protect the secrets of the civilization from her "peasant running-mouth" but, probably out of respect for life, she was just sentenced to an exile. Well, there's more but that's all that's relevant right now ;)

In the end, I suppose life in deep space is not too bad, so long as you bring all your amenities with you in an earth-sized handbag ;)

Yep I would because then I my name would become immortal in the history book as I go farther then anyone has ever before and I get the chance to one with the universe as well. So if I was giving this opportunity to go their where no man has gone before I would do it.

I diffently would do it, even if it meant not coming back to Earth. I've always had a small facisnation for space and everything that is out there. Being able to see the other planets and go to them would be great! Well thinking about it while typing tyhis post I guess it would depend on when I would go. If I were to go now when I'm seventeen I don't think that I would. Maybe after I become 30-40+ but I'm to young now and have to continue experiencing another one of Mankinds mysterys... Woman..