xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
I Eat Kittens

Iphone

That thing looks pretty cool. I would like to see one being used. I have always like ipods over mp3's and stuff like that. i have had an ipod ever since my CD player broke. Apple software is popular and works really good. That thing has so many features in it that most cell phones nowadays dont have. So that makes it pretty cool. Full ipod features and a cell phone in one. That thing is going to be pretty expensive for a while. Anyway i might get one when the price lowers. Cant wait to see them in action. Thanks for the link.

This looks like a really cool pda especially with the multiple touch screen feature. A real pity that the camera is only deemed 'average' at 2.0 mega pixels but then again, we have the Digital Cameras for that; so I am not complaining. Anyone knows how much this beautiful thing costs in the US right now? An IPod within another device, how expensive is that going to be? I have always wanted to have a hand in getting a PDA after my traditional use with Sony Ericsson mobile phones. The only thing I wonder is whether Apple would be provisioned by our telcos in Singapore, it has not come out in Singapore yet and I am certain it will sooner or later. But then again, I have a dilemma to make, to delay the purchase of my 1st MAC or to wait for this IPhone. I would probably be using my Sony Ericsson K800i for at least another 2 more years, so I guess this IPhone can wait, although I can't wait to see how it works. Too bad Apple doesn't have a demo site whereby I can try out the phone features just like in the Sony Ericsson website.

I beleive it is 500-600 USD, but thats what I've heard. I haven't seen them in our stores yet, but they are awesome. This phone would be AMAZING to carry around, but I guess in our parts it would be stolen within like 5 minutes. It has pictures, and i was watching something on youtube and you can like play games on it, it is REALLY GOOD

This phone reminds me a lot of the Motorola E680g...Anyways, seeing that the talk time on this thing is 5 hours, it better have a removable battery, or else that's gonna be a real killer of the Iphone. And I'm not seeing any brand new technology here, can anybody point it out? I'm sure I've seen all this stuff around. As for the price, I'm highly skeptical.

This phone reminds me a lot of the Motorola E680g...
Anyways, seeing that the talk time on this thing is 5 hours, it better have a removable battery, or else that's gonna be a real killer of the Iphone. And I'm not seeing any brand new technology here, can anybody point it out? I'm sure I've seen all this stuff around. As for the price, I'm highly skeptical.

With the slim design of the iPhone, it would be almost impossible to make a removable battery.

The iPhone doesn't break many technology barriers, but it surely shines in design. Ex: rotatioon sensor, unique interface, finger guestures, and some others. However, I'm not condoning nor prohibiting you guys buying iPhones when they come out this month.

I just saw the commercial for the iPhone and I'm pretty excited about it. Sure it will be an expensive phone and a really expensive monthly payment for all the features but it'd still be a nice tool to have. Of course I could stick with my laptop and desktop computers because the iPhone is like a computer but this would be a lot more portable and easy if you were to go on business trips. Although I probably won't get one unless I win the lottery I still like the idea. The touch screen is nice but if you drop it you may be in a bit of trouble because if that screen breaks or the touch screen capability, it's new phone time or time to pay a bit of money to fix it. So to all of you who get it all I have to say is, "Be Careful With It"

Its out on June 29. And Apple executives are dead worried whether it would live upto the hype. Being the first of its generation, there is a chance that it may invite a backlash if it doesn't live upto people's expectations. ALso it comes witha 2 year compulsory agreement with AT&T. The battery and sim card can't be taken out or seen. It would anyway have a great opening with iPhones being very hard to find in store shelves. But would it continue like the iPod. As for me , I'd rather wait for the next generation of iPhone than spend a whole lot of bucks on this. Then there might be better options, 3G, usability on any network , and a much lower cost. Because after the excitement dies down I sure am gonna be disappointed with this one.

I wish there were more space on the Iphone. A few gigabytes is gonna cut it with me. But I also understand to really replace your IPOD especially the video versions. There's going to be lots of screen cleaning and protection with the iphone. Since its so expensive and I would own one I would keep clean off the screen constantly and keep it within a pouch or something lol. It sorta sucks that only AT&T service for now.

i agree this thing is awesome. most cell phones are the same anymore they needed one that played mp3's but with a kick. apple might not make good pc computers but the ipod and iphone are cool.

i don't have a mp3 player but my friend does. he has a video i-pod.... its cool. but i do have a phone and i love music and new tech so... if i had the money to buy one of those things i would

Personally i think that the iphone is Steve Jobs' way of trying to explore the world of mobile technology whilst failng misserably. I think this will fail personally.NOKIA RULES.

Edited by mattmgill (see edit history)

Did you all know that a new type of iphone is coming out? it's called the Leopard(yuck) and coming out sometime in Fall. I'll do with the original, although the Blackberry is cool.

I think you read it wrong... Leopard is the new operating system for macintosh computers coming out in fall, Iphone is just the phone thats coming out this summer, that will probably have lots of generations just like the ipod. I dont think it will ever change its name, just its generation. I guess it will probably end up replacing the ipod in the future, except nano and mini versions.