xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
I Eat Kittens

Iphone

I have never really liked iPods or anything from Apple that starts with a small "i" and continues with a big letter :). So I don't really think much of this one. Does people reallly remember what phones are for anymore? Mobiles are being complicated with alot of stuff now. It's great and all isnt there a border where you have too stop? I don't really know much about the phone so I'm not going to say alot of dirt about it. It may be great, but for now I'll be against it :)

That thing is so cool, I don't really like the physical design too much, but otherwise it rocks! (Good quality) Music and telecomunications!! I have music on my cell, but it doesn't sound all that good and has a bad capacity. The only problem is that if anyone in my arear had a device that flashy, they would get mugged sooo quickly. And I don't fancy that happening to me.

Maybe you can explain this to me?

Why in the world do I want to be so connected? I have a working cell phone. I own it because it makes it easier for my mom to let me know if and when my father ends up in hospital with a chronic disease he has.

Other than that I don't need all those bells and whistles. Not to mention that touch screen technology doesn't thrill me too much. I've got fat fingers, and there are some words in english that take on an totally different meaning when slightly misspelled. Just think of all the problems that could cause in Email alone.

It will probably do really well just becuase its and ipod and a cell phone. It is very overpriced. I personally wouldn't buy it right a way, i would wait for a price cut becuase probably in a few months there will be some special deals. But when it comes out in a few days there will probably be a lot of talk about it and possibly people saying there are some problems with it. But we will see in a few days.

This thing looks sleek and sexy but this sleek and sexy thing costs a lot of sexy money...500-600 for a phone! That outrageous, but if you think about it, its an Ipod with internet and a phone, so take 200-300 off for the Ipod, maybe 100-200 for the phone, i dont think the internet is 200 or something like that..i suck at math. Anyway, if you use your phone a lot and use your Ipod a lot, and you use your email a lot, why not get it. It would be your perfect phone right in your pocket or purse or where ever you put it. I totally want it really bad, but I hear its 60 bucks a month plus the phone, ya..thats a nice chunck of cash I dont have.

(All prices in USD)
For anyone interested, the iPhone is premiering today (June 29, 2007) from 6pm-midnight (not sure which timezone). From their site, they say that the 4GB and 8GB start from $499. Here's what they say about it:

iPhone, the revolutionary combination of a mobile phone, widescreen iPod, and Internet communications device, is coming to the online Apple Store and retail Apple Stores on June 29, 2007, with AT&T as the exclusive U.S. carrier partner.

The service itself is quite expensive. Individual plans can range from $59.99-$99.99/month. Family plans range from $80-$120. They use AT&T for their service, and existing members get a discount! There's only cost $20-$40/month, which is a good deal...now if only the phone didn't cost almost $500 lol. Too bad I belong to Verizon...not like I could afford the iPhone anyways.

For complete information on the service, go here:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

For information about the iPhone in general, visit this link:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

It includes a guided tour, and a list of all features :)
BTW, if you're interested in this kind of stuff, you may want to join their newsletter. It's how I knew about this so early.
I think I read somewhere that as of now, it is only available in the US and Canada, but I am not 100% sure.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, it should have at least decent calling. Apple is usually reliable and good, wouldn't you say? Also, their internet is perfect from what I hear, and saw on the commercials. it's not a low version, it's just as if it was on your comp (on a small screen lol)

But I just think it's cool how it plays videos, music, has built-in Google maps, has a phone service, has best internet you've seen on a phone, and more. If only I had $499 to blow.

Also, anyone wondering, I am not in any way affiliated with Apple. I just knew about this early and wanted to share lol.

EDIT EDIT:
The thread title is really annoying me, it should be iPhone, not Iphone lol. That will bug me every time i see it...
Edited by Yuripro84 (see edit history)

The Apple iPhone looks good, but I don't know if its worth it for the price. I mean, honestly, you could build a decent computer for that ammount, or even buy a really bad Junker (old car or truck in not so state of art condition). It was crazy, though, today I went down to Easton, a mall local to where I live, and there was a line running all the way around the premises from the Apple/ Mac store.

But, think about it. It is just like a computer (phone service, internet, media player, etc all in one), only miniature. As things get smaller, and the technology for it gets more costly, what tends to happen? The object gets more expensive. But, still, I do have to agree that I am not going to buy an iPhone anytime soon lol.

Why the iPhone sucks:

Disclaimer: This is all out of opinion based on what I've heard, learned, and read about the phone. I don't have one myself and I don't plan on buying one. Ever.

The iPhone is an overrated, overpriced, and shoddy piece of equipment slapped with the i legacy and the cultured trend that goes along with it. With its initial price tag of $600, it's one very expensive paperweight.

The iPhone, in theory, is a great little gadget to have. Who wouldn't want to do everything that you can do with a laptop and a cell phone, all contained into one little device that fits in the palm of your hand?

It is very neat, in theory, that along with this, it looks sleek, shiny, and sexy, as far as technology goes. It features a touchscreen that requires no stylus, relying on touch. It features a 2.0MP camera, multimedia capability, but cannot record video. It is Internet-accessible and also is equipped with Wi-Fi.

Yay. Now I get to rip it apart.

The screen is made of glass. Which means you can scratch it very easily.

The touch screen relies on warmth from the skin. Which leads to frustration in the wintertime.

You have to buy an adapter to use some headphones with it.

The network protocol the iPhone uses is the lesser EDGE band by AT&T, a step lower than the 3G (the fastest network available by AT&T). Which means that Internet usage will be slow at best.

And although Wi-Fi may be faster, who wants to pay $10 per day use for WiFi HotSpots at Starbucks or airports? Every time?

It doesn't support instant messaging.

There's no keyboard for it anyway, so IMs won't be a huge loss. And typing on a touchscreen is going to be a *BLEEP*... it's already a pain with Blackberries, but at least we all know the QWERTY layout and can "thumb" it.

The plans are horrifically exorbitant, starting at $60/mo up to $100/mo, the latter allowing unlimited minutes and limited SMS.

The battery is literally built-in. As in Apple didn't think that you would ever need to replace the battery. Ever.

Should I keep going?

Bottom line is, it's the new thing and everyone's going to jump into the pool. But people should take a second look and realize that the pool is very shallow, because the iPhone is going to make a really bad run for your money.

$600 for the 8GB variant + [$60 monthly plan (which is the cheapest) x 2 yr contract (minimum)] = $2040

My phone right now, not being cheap itself: Motorola i580 w/ Nextel

$300 for the phone + [$45/mo x 2 yr contract] = $1380

And my plan already has unlimited nights and weekends, which for the iPhone the $80/mo plan offers unlimited nights and weekends. That would bring it up to $2520. And my phone already does everything the iPhone does.

Hrm...

Any testimonials? And not from iFans of iProducts either. :P