xisto Community
BooZker

Homework Site A P2P Homework site/program?

Well the site would be in english unless we had some massive group of people from Singapore. They wouldnt submit stuff and get stuff because it would be in english. That is like saying im going to write a website in C++. They are two different things. Example would be wikipedia. They have english, german, ect.It seems as though no one really understands this. OK, you have to submit homework.

Singapore uses english as its basic language, other languages serve as their 2nd. So Singapore just like any english-speaking country, use english as their medium to communicate.

You can not just simply post a piece of homeowork either. It has to go through three people and they grade and then average it. If it passes with at least a D it goes on the site. It is then marked as a approx grade of a D if you turn it in. We would check if it were plagiarism using they same software as teachers It searches the ENTIRE web including teacher submitted homework from students. It not only checks for homeork it looks on sites to see if they copied and pasted. And it's not like the USA's education could get any worse anyways. It's one of the worst in the world. Even worse when you consider the amount of money we have.

This is the same issue I have mentioned, you mentioned searching on the web, that is fine. But many schools do not release their top essays onto the internet, it is perhaps maybe contained in their school intranet folders. How can you ensure that there isn't any act of plagiarism? I don't think USA's education is poor, there are so many well known universities people like us in Singapore aspire to go to further our studies.

Does the word: plagiarism hit anyone? If you are to download the whole essay without any minor changes to the words then you are definitely caught. Teachers also know how their students write so you got to take that to account.However, I like the idea of having a homework site but it shouldn't be done so with distribution of essays. It should just be on questions and answers so there's no need to be caught for plagiarism. I was also thinking about making one for my school but the thing is that a student tried this already and he wasn't able to graduate with his class--he graduated the following year.I recommend something like a worksheet on let's say "The Roaring 20's" and there would be questions with the answers revealed. That would be a help.To those who say that copying homework won't help you succeed, well I don't do homework and I still get A's in all my classes. I don't cheat on tests and I sleep in class. What everyone should do is just release all the tense you feel and relax and you'll get through it. That's what I do.

When I was younger, in 8th grade, I wanted to design a computer program that would offer this same service. I think that it is a great idea, except that teachers will call it cheating and plagarism. This sort of site would be better for worksheets, not essays. Distribution of essays is not only plagarism, which in many cases if you are caught you can be suspended or expelled from your school, essays would also take up a lot more space on your server. Even thought copying won't help anyone learn anything, I still would like to see the rise of a site like this. I'm for it. If you need help with PHP, I'll try to help you the best you can.Also, if your site does get big, think about all the money you could make off ads. Just thought I would throw that in there.

When I was younger, in 8th grade, I wanted to design a computer program that would offer this same service. I think that it is a great idea, except that teachers will call it cheating and plagarism. This sort of site would be better for worksheets, not essays. Distribution of essays is not only plagarism, which in many cases if you are caught you can be suspended or expelled from your school, essays would also take up a lot more space on your server. Even thought copying won't help anyone learn anything, I still would like to see the rise of a site like this. I'm for it. If you need help with PHP, I'll try to help you the best you can.
Also, if your site does get big, think about all the money you could make off ads. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Yeaaahhh.... That's what I said.

These sites would are use at your own risk in terms of damage to your education. Teachers give finial exams for exacly this reason, it is a lot harder to cheat on a finial as compared to daily homework. If you don't write the essay yourself it will usually show up on the test.

I agree with that more. Teachers should do that if the same reasons. There are some english teachers submit students work and they check to see other sites if they copied or not. If the site has detected they cheated, there goes 0 on the essay.

I almost wish that teachers would put a larger part of your mark based on unit and finial tests. Making it more important what you learn and remember, rather than trying hard on daily work. I guess part of the reason I say this is because I feel that I could learn all the information in some semester classes in a month then write the test and be done with it

Any one could do that but they just don't want to do it. Learning and doing it you're self is always better than searching and copying from someone eles essay.

Personally I have handed in a couple essay that was not my own, but I find it really hard to find essay that have the same topic as mine. Teachers tend not to be real general with essay topics, they want to get a certain thing. I am guessing it would take quite some time to get a large enough database of essays to be good at answering the needs of people.

I did as well, there was some i didn't get away with it, even though i got a poor grade with it. Teachers don't know what they wanted for the questions on the essay, some will give you questions and do it. Others make it complex and have to resarch the top and looked into it.

well this site or program would be a nice idea but every good idea has a bad side on itit would make the people more lazy then normal, since they wouldn't even attempt to make their homework themselvesdecreasing their own creativity by using the others's, which surely isn't the best thing to dojust imagine what effect it will have later when you are applying for a working spot in the worldalso the teachers would know where you got it from, since that's the first thing they do if you hand in something ^^(personal experience ^^ and also i've heard a conversation between teachers once, they know an awfull lot of homework sites)o well, it's your personal choice what you do, but still attempting to make the work yourself is a way better

I don't think it would help anyone, although it would pose useful to avoid an over-zealous teacher that likes to hand out punishments that definitely don't fit the crime (if can be called a crime at all). Maybe if you had reasons for not getting a prep or work done in time, but reasons you know a teacher is too up their own a-s-s to understand, this would be a uesful resource.Trouble is it would be overused by those people who shouldn't actually use it and get their own work done.As there are site like this already, you may as well go and do it! - to provide a nice resource - as those ones already out there aren't so nice, but are certainly used anyway, there is really not much to lose.good luck!

I'll probably end up doing the site by myself and you will see how it will pose useful more then to be hated and dispised. I hope you all will come see it soon. That is when it is done :lol: I'll make sure everyone had negative comments about it can't join! just kidding open enrollment!

This would be the perfect thing for people who don't care about education and hate learning. Those kind of people will not like learning now and will not learn later in life: for those, this could be a godsend. For those who want to expand their knowledge, even though it might be hard and take lots of time, this isn't for them.

I think it's a good idea and not damaging at all, because you have two ways of being clever: - One, study everything, do all your homework properly, etc. - The other, try to get some extra help from somebody, something, etc. Yes, the first one is more ethical, but... which one do you consider as more intelligent? Probably the second, because it less time consuming. In the real world almost everybody would choose the second although some people wouldn't tell. In the real world even the best thieves are hired to work on security. You have the example of hackers... so in real life it's better to know how to fake something than to do it. Sad maybe, but definitely true. and if you don't like the second optiopn, simply don't use it.

Let me start by saying: Even if my school wasn?t ridiculous about ferreting out plagiarism, I would not use such a service. I morally object.

Now on to the fun part.

Jimmy: A resource like this would be useful for when you can?t get the work done for a reason, but have one of those teachers who refuses to acknowledge that students have outside lives.

In my experience, those are the teachers who would care whether you wrote your own essay, even if you had done an equal share of someone else's work.

BooZker (And Alex1sp34kL33t): The idea of having people submit for points with which to buy others? submissions.

I think the idea has some merit. I?ve seen essays online before, but they have either been free (baaaaad idea) or for money. There will always be students who want to get prewritten essays but can?t, because their parents won?t lend them their credit card. These kids may well end up on a site like yours, if/when it exists. Their parents don't have to know.

In addition, a lot of teenageres are still trying to decide what they believe in ethically and morally, and may decide that they?re ok with a service like yours. You?re not buying the essay. You?re earning it by putting in your fair share. Some of your market may come from people who would otherwise object.

Well if anyone knows any coding and would like to start it email me or PM me. I wanted to do it and then after the negative comments I stopped posting in here and started another project I thought of with some members here called HAP. The "Human Autobiography Project" and is that name just until a logo is finished. I can do all the design and the main XHTML and CSS, but I am swamped with work, school, AND HAP, and this if anyone wanted.so just let me know.