xisto Community
jcreuter

Which is a better search engine?Google or Yahoo

is google or yahoo a better search engine?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would say Google pretty much outperformed Yahoo as a search engine. Why? first of all the user interface. Google is very neat and have a clean UI opposed to yahoo's clog UI. its not a very enjoyable to search if theres too much non sense in front of you showing like banners and ads.

Performance based Google rocks, it really pawn yahoo. It has a lot better script for showing relevant seraches. Based on experience google have less junk search and i say way less junk search than yahoo. one time when i search for a term in google only 2 are junk out of the results in the first page while yahoo have almost all junk results returned except maybe 2 to 3 which are not even the best results that you would hope for.

In terms of image search, google is a lot better than yahoo. showing more relevant pictures and images than the image search of yahoo.

in terms of email system. google again out performed yahoo. one time when i sign up for a website, they send a confirmation email that i must open to verify my account. google instantly receive the message compare to yahoo that i have to wait for 1 day, damn its so slow. if you want an immediate response then gmail is more preferable than yahoomail. and it has larger space too, much larger.

overall Google really beat to the ground yahoo, except for some software like yahoo messenger which of course google have none but for those they have both, google is a lot better on those.

I voted google simply because it tends to be much much quicker, i really like the gmail - email system, and in my opinion googleresults are much more accurate than yahoo.Google is much easier to read where as yahoo has a bit more stuff which tends to make it harder to read so my vote was GOOGLE.Kind regards, Jordan

I'd also vote Google since it's simple, intuitive and quick. The results shown are usually relevant, but I still think the image searching could be improved. I'm not saying that image searching on Yahoo! is way better but I rarely found great images without having to refine and re-refine my search keywords in order to match Google's somewhat 'twisted' logic.

Well, I have already provided my oppinions on google versus yahoo but I would like to bend it with some statistical data.Firstly of all if you check anywhere google rules they have more then 65% of search engine click then comes yahoo with some 20% and then follows msn live search with some 5% and then comes ask with some 5% and then there are all the other engines. And secondly and finally I would like to note all of you that if you are web developer then certainly try to submit your site to at least those four search engines because tendency that person will usa exactly that search engines is really high. Something like 19 out of 20 persons will some of those 4 engines.