xisto Community
jcreuter

Which is a better search engine?Google or Yahoo

is google or yahoo a better search engine?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently, Google has become my preferred Search Engine for almost anything I need to search on the internet. It's a go-to search with almost everything I need, well developed and great upkeep as well as a few nice extras such as iGoogle, etc.

Google is the best for me. I've never used any other search engine but I believe it is the best. It shows very good results from the searches and the funtions are really good.I have adsense on my website, I use the image search, google earth, and froogle. I also use others.

Google is obviously (llook at results) the better search engine.I ALWAYS use google. Google has soo many features... and it is a great company that people can use for anything from translating text, making money thru ads and searching.

theres no doubt that google is the as u can already see the percentage of votes that google has gotyahoo on the other hand takes time to load....it isn't greati hate it ..dislike

theres no doubt that google is the best as u can already see the percentage of votes that google has gotyahoo on the other hand takes time to load....it isn't greati hate it ..dislike

Voted for Google. I use it even on my mobile when I have to search for something... The difference is noticeable! Go Google!

Google is faster and "I'm feeling lucky" is always helpful. It's more famous and more memorable.Yahoo adds too much other stuff to it's "search page", whereas google just has little links to them on other pages.Lots more people use google and remember it, so with it's wide use simplicity (atleast in the search page anyway), it'll come out on top compared to Yahoo anyday.

What I think is that GOOGLE is better search engine than YAHOOGoogle brought many programs with itself that makes it real efficientWhat i think GOOGLE start Progressing after it offer 1GB Mail Account GmailAfter Then Gmail YAHOO mail got downn now it is taking on Yahoo's different programslike FLICKR, google introduces PICASSA online photo directory And like YAHOO publisher program OVerture it introduces Adsense which is the biggest PPC network in the worldAlso Google is taking on MSN by offering GOOGLE MAPS n other servicesBut Yahoo's one business is going on very successfully and That is Yahoo ANswerGoogle announces its GOOGle Answer but it was now shudown and might they accept defeat in one area from YahooThank!

It looks google has clearly won the competition and yahoo has has managed to achieve so less votes.So I think its clear now thats google is far more better search engine than yahoo and also others,no other search engine could match the speed of google seach and also no other search engine could also have so many services to provides besides providing a quality search. Google's really a great service.

Google is much better, ive been using it for years, even when everyone was into Yahoo and were like "Google? Whats that?"Google is just better than Yahoo, I use GMAIL for my websites mail, as it is very quick, easy and efficient.I also like the way that google's front page is clutter free, whilst Yahoo's is clogged up with crap.

Edited by A200 (see edit history)

I find that when people signup to PayPal, they mostly use GMail email addresses. I love GMail but I think Google's a bit too far up their own backside to realise what people want to do with the web in this day and age.

Reading the posts in this topic, it seems people prefer things other than search results. Google is more popular and has more features such as igoogle and gmail etc, but is that what you want from a search engine? Most of us have sites here, and have you ever tried searching your site on both engines? When its new obviously. Yahoo always picked up my site better than google. But doesnt yahoo use google to search? I heard that somewhere, but the results are always different. However, I always use google.