xisto Community
jcreuter

Which is a better search engine?Google or Yahoo

is google or yahoo a better search engine?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i would have to say google. one, it is set up way better than yahootwo, more storage than yahoo.i acually have a yahoo acount and it is the one i use most often, but google is definitly better

I would have to go with google as well, since they have better results when I have to do research for school and stuff and it gives me better results especially when I use the google tricks + and - to get my results more precise and stuff. Although I used yahoo search the longest, but once I started school and learn the right tricks my search results became a lot better so I didn't have to spend hours going through all the pages to find what I am looking for,

Hey,I think Google is much better than Yahoo anyday. I mean Yahoo too is good but I prefer google as it is faster and more helpful and has a larger keyword search thing going on.I have used yahoo once and did not find the result I needed but found it on the first page in google. WEIRD!!!! Maybe yahoo did not recognize the keywords :lol:

Anyday it would be Google. Yahoo doesn't even come close. Accuracy is Google's hallmark. I have not used Yahoo in years since I don't need to. I dont even wanna give it a shot. Google is simple , easy to use and with its various search modes it is brilliant. Just ask what " 20 Rupees in US dollars" is and see for yourself.

Google is way sexier, way quicker...and sexier, the accounts have more things you can have that can greaten your search engine. Not going to lie, Yahoo has the look but not the speed....or the sexyiness..Google has the sexyiness and thats what makes it top of the line searching

to me, both look the exact same, they usually both index the same exact shiizz, its just the way the results display is sometimes a little different, but really, no big diff, my site got indexed on both google and yahoo at the same time.

For just the average internet user (not a Webmaster), Google and Yahoo are about the same, Google leading by a little. However, if your a webmaster, Google becomes one of the most important factor in your website success. If you can manage to get your site as a top result for a keyword your traffic will dramatically increase. Also, Google Page Rank, is now in world wide use, you can't even exchange links with many people if you have a low Google Page Rank. For a webmaster, Google Search Engine pretty much controls your success, and every other site's, too. My site has striven because of Google because I have several top queries in a Google Search.

Google is definately better than yahoo.Every time i get on yahoo my computer somehow gets a virus and that's why I stopped using Yahoo.Google has so much more to offer, how many people when they're searching for something google something?that's the new word for searching now, and I think it's awesome how they're taking control of the internet search engines.

From current and past usage, google is exceptionally better than yahoo. Google is faster, gives more accurate search results, is more "user" friendly, and there are even more exceptional reasons google is better but I don't feel like adding them :P . An easier way to solve this is go up to some random person you don't know on the street and ask them which search engine do they use....most will say google :D ....

Google seems better than Yahoo. I personally don't like to use either search engine as I prefer Clusty, which clusters your results into categories so you don't wade through the junk that you don't want to wade through like you would on a Google or Yahoo search. I think Ask.com has a better image search than Google, as well, though not every crawler crawls over the same stuff so it's always good to use multiple search engines to find what you need in addition to looking back more than one page in Google and other search engines. I often see people that can't find things on Google and they don't even look through the second page of results. That is one of the reasons why they fail to get what they want.

I prefer google. Google usually has what i am looking for, and it loads faster than yahoo. But I use both of them, like if i really need information i'll use both. But for regular basis stuff I solely use Google. I also like to use Ask a lot, and yahoo sometimes has more pictures than google, but google and ask have better quality pictures come up in their image search. So the answer? GOOGLE!

Haha, if your strictly comparing the 2, the 2 possible combinations might come to you:- If you want alot of results and you don't and not sure what you are looking for, GOOGLE!- If you want something that hardly appears else where on Google, you should try Yahoo!But then again, you are able to simplify search in Google, so the answer is *drums*GOOGLE! :DSometime you should use little small engines like dog pile. Things can pop out even though you wasn't looking for it but can be useful and interests you.

Edited by gc87 (see edit history)