xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matt2

The Crying Boys Curse

Hmmmm I have mixed feelings. My grandparents have had the crying boy painting hanging in there hall since I was little. I used to call him my boyfriend. A few years back a friend of theres brought the crying girl painting and gave it to them, it is hanging in a different room. I have never thought anything of them for quite some time. I now have a 3 year old son he is autistic and doesnt talk. The last few months that ive gone to my grandparents he is terrified of going into the hall and seems quite scared of the picture. He cries, and when I hold him on my hip he sqeezes me tight when we walk near the painting. I decided to look at the name of the painter and just came home and googled it. I couldnt find much so I googled crying boy painting and saw all the stories. I got a bit freaked out. All I was looking for was some info on the artist and something on what the painting represented and why he painted it or what inspired him. So yeh the last thing I expected was to read headings that said curse of the crying boy etc. I don't know what to think..

If the article and the pictuers have been fabricated by The Sun, I must say, they have done their homework really well, the effect that it is likely to create would attract interest and arouse curiosity. The kid in the picture is really cute and none would like to see him crying ,(though the last picture gives out an eerie feeling),cant say about the luck thing, but anyone would love to see the picture of a chubby child with a broad smile.Won't that turn you on?

i love all the paintings but the last i think i want one of those for my wall i only have one painting and it was a painting my granny give me when i moved into my flat about 4 years ago one of those paintings would really go well in my flat i have a painting of a victorian or edwarian children playing with their dog near a garden gate it sounds more different than it looks the picture is lovely really and really well painted maybe when i go out sometime i might go into a picture or antique shop and see if i can get a picture like one of those except the last one i don't want to have the last one on my wall it would not fit in, lol.anyway a picture can not be cursed its probelly just being changed or damaged by accident, and the reason why it does not burn is because maybe it was made to stand the heat, or something protected it so therefore the rest of the things burned and the painting never maybe the fire was put out before the painting got damaged some people have wild imaginations every thing is cursed to somebody, its just a great picture people should enjoy it putting up above the fireplace or on a wall.