xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matt2

The Crying Boys Curse

I rarely believe in any man made theories about anything. Ghosts, monsters, elves, unicorns, telepathy, etc. No on ehas yet to have any proof positive evidence to show us this stuff is real. Wanna know why? Cuz it aint. None of it's real. If it were real, it would be too tempting for one person to handle, and the balance of power in the world would sway one way. And unfortunately thats not how life works. There is a deleicate balance between everything in life, and anything that would upset it, is mere fantasy on our part. Illusion or false

Well, I wouldn't even put up one of those paintings in my house anyway without second thoughts. They're not my style. It's really intriguing though how they remain unburned though. Thanks for the information, you've really enlightened my day.

Those paintings gives me goosebumps, really scary, so basicly as I read it is it that if you do good things the curse will be a good thing and if you do bad things then the curse would be bad as well... Talk about next holloween story hehe. I dont put up those paintings, for one its spooky two its not my style I like those chineese art on mine, and I dunno if there bursed or not but ehh who cares there cool hehe. Thats a really good info you got there, and nice of you to take your time to find it for your friend and post it here as well, I would of never done that. :XD:

Well I don't believe it. My religion, Islam though says that there are spirits and ghosts (aimless spirits) and demons but I never heard of a cursed object during my entirety. I will dvelve deeper for this but to this point. I flat out disagree.

I can't believe this topic is still active :)

I think they want them to burn the majority of the paintings so that there are only a few left. Then the few that are left will be worth thousands to collectors. Saying there's a curse is the only way they could get a large sum of people to destroy their paintings.

I never really thought about it that way. Maybe this is just a rumour that started because someone wanted to make a bit of money? :XD:
Thanks everyone for your opinions :D
Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

My grandmother had two of these paintings in her home since I was a little girl... She passed away about 10 years ago and my grandfather who is still alive has now given me the paintings as it was something I always stared at as a child when I visited.I brought them home a few weeks ago and will always have them in my possession.. They remind me of the courage of a child and make me feel strong - not scared-reply by Beau

The Curse of the Crying BoyThe Crying Boys CurseWe too have a picture by Anna Zinkeisen called The Crying Boy.In 2004 we had a house fire with a 90% loss of contents and serious structural damage. The picture frame melted but the picture survived with some smoke damage and we would love to get a replacement.-reply by Gordon Slater

Amazing! People find it reasonable to discuss if there's a curse with these paintings and then decide not to put them in walls because of the curse when, in fact, the paintings are damn horrible and of a shocking bad tasteĆÆĀæĀ½ being horrible: that's the only curse I see. And the subject: children crying... It doesn't have to be cursed to be SICK. What kind of disturbed mind finds it nice to look at a child crying?! Duh. -reply by cris

crying boyThe Crying Boys Curse

my parentsĀ haveĀ 3 pictures of the crying boy not the same,, one very large and the others a bit smaller, my mother loves them and every house she has lived in she has put them up. My father brought them in london about 49 years ago, they even have a crying girl, they have heard about this curse but they didnt take any notice...

terrie wells