xisto Community
Iceblade

Will Computers Take Over Earth? Computers taking over the world

The problem or probable answer is that we as a species will merge with computers. Bionics. Implants, replaceable body parts and a total emergence into a grid. We will be the computer, or AI if you will. Many areas of scientific research and development have already made considerable headway in many areas of combining computer chips programmed to perform specific functions in the human body. We will become one with technology. But in the future, how much of us will be AI and how much of us will be organic? Will it come to a point where the AI will be able to function on its own without any of our original organic structure?

I doubt that it is possible that computers will ever be able to take over the Earth. They do strictly what the programmer programs into the computer. It is not like computers can program themselves. In today's world, it would be a very difficult task to program something to recognize pictures so how would a computer have enough intelligence to take over the world? Even if the computer malfunctioned, I do not think that it could do much damage. Something like this would require a huge technology advance.

I dont think that computers will take over earth because the computer in the words of the master Garry Kasparov are stupid because they cant think for themselves they have to be operated by an human or by another computer. I think that this type of post with this paranoid issues are out of date. First in the 2000 all the cars had to fly and now in the 2012 the world is gonna end. The computer are incredible usesfull but they can hurt people at least humans use them to this purpose. We have to be more intelligent and excuse me if my answer is hurting your feelings....

While it makes a great story line for a science fiction movie, like Terminator, I really don't see it happening, as long as we remember where the plug in is! :D

Considering today's technologies, we might see very powerful AIs in the future. However, we can see that humans can still out-smart them in most cases.For example, the AI of Call of Duty may be better than a lot of people in combat, but expert players can kill them like ducks.Another point is that computers are good in most things only within themselves, when made into a robot, things are different.For example, an AI of Call of Duty put into a robot will all the appropriate sensors won't be able to do much combat since all the data it had about the player and environmental conditions will not be there.Humans learn through the ages to use their bodies and adapt to the environment, robots can't do that. And their censors can't be that good as human sensory. Also, their processing may seem faster, but a human's brain works way faster than even the fastest processor.Therefore, I don't think computers are taking over the world anytime soon or later.

Not today,but in feature maybe,for sure probably...The technology ain't that far these days but in the feature the computers will go way further,and there will be robots that can do almost everything and maybe even take the control over the earth,but anyway in feature maybe there will be aliens,some other cool(stronger or something) "animals" and other might come on the earth,or there will be some planet VERY good for our live and in feature we might move there.Nobody can't actually know what will happen,maybe we will dissapear like the dinosaurs or something.I found something on the internet that about in many ears the human brain will get stronger and it will be able to communicate with god.But also i believe that there will be MUCH better technology then now,even better then the one on the fantasy movies..Well,we cant know that now ;)

Ye ye computers taking over the earth... Routers falsifying information.....Laptop battery's blowing up and causing wild fires.....Ye there is a war going on.... lol Someones watching too much star trek....

Edited by Maggot (see edit history)

Are you dumb or what he says Will computers take over earth,not computers are taking over the earth, which means in feature time.

I was being sarcastic....

People have been talking about computers to be self reliant for years.... Its never going to happen not even in the future..... In the 80ts and the 60ts people thought that by the year 2000 we would have hover cars and fly to planets.... Its all a dream.....

Computers are going to be computers....

I was being sarcastic....

People have been talking about computers to be self reliant for years.... Its never going to happen not even in the future..... In the 80ts and the 60ts people thought that by the year 2000 we would have hover cars and fly to planets.... Its all a dream.....

Computers are going to be computers....

Yea, and back in the 1500's if you had a idea like computers, they would have burned you on the stakes. Things evolve, people do and since technology and computers are like humans they evolve too. I bet in another 50 or 60 years we will have hovering cars which use air and if possible CO2 as fuel. Totally possible.

well,dude he talks about for feature,no matter 50-60 or 100years...

I was referring to the future too there, i was simply talking about 1500's because then, today will be the future. So, the 1500's people had a taste of what we are talking about now.

P.S. It's future not feature.

Earlier people thought about touch screen and it became possibility. There were some movies about virtual simulation games and we have it. There were some concepts like biometric scanners and we do have that. There is improvement in artificial intelligence so i don't think it's impossible. But it'll take hell more than 200 years for computers to even think in terms of whole and then to relate the thoughts which is what the barrier for current experiments i guess. It's not easy for computers for thinking and then taking over like skynet. It'll take hell lot of programming from our part to even give them enough self-programmed intelligence which is not so easy.

I see quite a few people asserting that computers cannot be creative, or that AI systems are limited by original design. Not so in either case. The brain is a network of connections and junctions. There is nothing in principle which says that we cannot build an analogous system in silicon (or whatever material). Those who believe there is something 'extra' about the brain - either a 'divine spark', a 'soul' or some other intangible have not made a convincing case, since such views rely entirely on faith. Given that it is possible in principle to build a silicon brain then I see no reason why we would not, eventually, do so.For those who think AI systems are limited by design - consider a neural network of 10^40 'neurones' and (say) 6 path internconnectedness with full weighting for each in (say) 8 bit code.How many possible states can this system have? (Answer - a number so big that it is a waste of time to calculate it). Hook your neural net up to some sensors and some output devices and start teaching it. What are the limits of such a system? Theoretically we could calculate an information limit (just as we can for the brain), but it would be effectively infinite (unlike the brain which has much less capacity).Could such a system be 'creative'? The answer to that depends on whether you think the human brain can be creative. The answer is the same in both cases. You would, of course, have to supply an initial goal or aim. In humans that is what we get in the hardwiring - mainly the circuitry in the brain before birth.Now, should we be worried? I think not. Why would we build a robot of immense potential intelligence and then make it look like a human? I can see no good reasons, unless it was to mimick a human and humans are much easier to make than robots. Robots and autonoma tend to be made in a form suitable for the function performed. OK we have a few like Asimo that are designed to look human(ish) but they are mainly for show and to test ideas. I don't worry at all about this - though I will be dead before we get systems as intelligent as a human I suspect (ie it won't likely happen in the next 30 years or so).

Earlier people thought about touch screen and it became possibility. There were some movies about virtual simulation games and we have it. There were some concepts like biometric scanners and we do have that. There is improvement in artificial intelligence so i don't think it's impossible. But it'll take hell more than 200 years for computers to even think in terms of whole and then to relate the thoughts which is what the barrier for current experiments i guess.

It's not easy for computers for thinking and then taking over like skynet. It'll take hell lot of programming from our part to even give them enough self-programmed intelligence which is not so easy.

If you think about it i don't think it will take centuries for that sort of development. If we could code a "bug" or "virus" like the ones we have today that learn from its mistakes... we could create first prototypes of The Terminator robots from Skynet. Then the little "newborn" virus will learn and learn and before it does something that it did before it "thinks". That's the basis of Humans. Sure, it could take several more decades till they can feel. I think they could do this by examining the surface of what they touching and determining it from a central computer. But I don't think they can ever become "real" humans... the most they get to the robots from iRobot. Probability and those stuff, that's all its really about.

But if you think its all impossible, just think about if we create a dozen of these robots with these "bug" inside them, then we could create a "central" power and a "network" kind of system where they learn together. Like how the zombie creatures worked in the novel Cell by Stephen King.