xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
glenstein

What Will Really Happen When We Run Out Of Oil A take from someone who has waste a lot of time reading on this

Have you heard about fuel cells? It is touted to be the winner the race to replace oil/gas/petrol/diesel used to run vehicles. And unlike other contenders, it does offer good speed along with conserving energy.

A heavy bus running with a fuel cell could manage to clock 100 miles per hour. Now that's something! The only thing it emits is water vapour, which doesn't harm anyone. Now doesn't this sound like a cool thing?

Coming back to oil, I really don't think there will be much of a problem, because oil may never really run out. There will be a time in the future when even the most careless person on the planet will realise that oil needs to be conserved in order to survive. At that time, the human race will finally learn how to preserve the oil resources and hopefully, create another alternative, using oil in the meantime.

Here's what will happen if we run out of oil:If we are not ready and are still dependent on oil, everything would shut down and the world would go into chaos because there's no fuel left.If we have an alternative energy source by then, nothing significant will happen to us.Hopefully, we will be using alternative energy before we run out of oil. Besides the threat of Global Climate Change, running out of oil will severely hurt us in and of itself. And the scary thing is we're almost out. It won't be very long before we run out. And if we do, it may get us into the third world war.So a message to all those who are against preventing Global Climate Change: If we allow the oil supply to run out, we will surely hurt ourselves. We can only survive if we switch from oil to some alternative before the oil supply runs out; if we don't, all countries still using oil will crumble. That means the United States.

The only way, is to adapt to a world without oil.Solar Panel technology will have to soar to compensate to normal family incomes. Cars will be a thing of the past, bring on public transport or bikes [manual bikes btw].Or unless we figure out space travel and find another source of fuel, *cough* Venus Ore

The only way, is to adapt to a world without oil.
Solar Panel technology will have to soar to compensate to normal family incomes. Cars will be a thing of the past, bring on public transport or bikes [manual bikes btw].

Or unless we figure out space travel and find another source of fuel, *cough* Venus Ore

You are not acknowledging electric cars. Cars will not be a thing of the past, they'll just be electric. Unless, of course, they find a way to create nuclear fusion cars.

Many alternatives had been mooted. Electric car, Hybrid car, etc etc. Non of them have been able to fully replaced the petrol driven car. An example, in my country, thou, they are touted to be environmentally friendly, they din do much to promote a green car. In fact, it is more expensive to own a green car, not to mentioned the trouble that one will need to go through, just to top up the "fuel" that is needed.

I'm sure this will PO all those greenie weenies out there, but a fairly recent assessment by none other than the United States Geological Survey (USGS) in the Dakotas revealed that there is an untapped reservoir of some 3 to 4.3 Billion barrels of sweet crude under the region known as the Bakken formation located in the Eastern MT, ND, SD, and lower Alberta/ Saskatchewan region and it's virtually untapped. Peak oil, kiss my A$$! Here's the link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I guess I can drive my diesel Ford Excursion for a while more without worrying about running out of fuel.

:(

War.. Big countries will do expansion to other countries which still have oil. They'll make any excuse, any reasons so that they can attack those small countries.

I guess new power sources will be found. A world without oil will be hard, also remember it will be good for the environment. My only worry is the new power source will probably be abused be the major government powers. ARGH DAMN lol :)

A new energy source will be found certainly. Some countries are already planning in invest on electric cars which also help the Planet but if we run out of oil, the crisis will increase and people will start to get mad, especially the government. Then the Earth would run out of money and financial issues would also increase.Just my thoughts.

I personally want to install magnetics in the current roads diagonally, and use magnetic polarization to travel. The diagonal is to maintain forward moment. NO MORE HEAD ON COLLISIONS.

Technology is making its advances at a consistant pace, and all the developments which we see around us can be majorly attributed to oil reserves which we have in earth's surface. The importance of oil in this age can be understood on two basice periods which we have gone through:Industrial Age: Oil was the greatest discovery for this period and it accelerated the development of the form which we see today. Alternate uses of oil fueled the growth and most of the foundation of today's so urban world lies in this age only.Post Industrial Age: The dynamics of new age depend on electricity for its energy requirements in usable forms. The increasing focus on the renewable sources of energy unlike the ones which are depleting such as oil is a major area of study, and this area is being focused duly with regards to our future needs of energy. Having developments in the energy segment, there are pretty chances that before we run out of oil, we will already establish proper alternatives to our energy requirement.