xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-[Nero]-

How Do I Make My First Move?

There's this girl, my previous schoolmate. Somehow, we entered the same college in England, and we're the only ones from the school we studied last year.I've known this girl and she's really the one I wanted to be with. What I mean is, she always makes me feel comfortable. When we had problems, we usually find each other and chat during lunch hour but not all the time. Since we had such great time together at college, I thought of asking her about starting our relationship, since we are 18 years old -.- But the problem is, I'm afraid that I'll say the wrong thing and will jeopardise our friendship. I dare not to take such risk but I know it's what starts the love and relationship. Everytime I see her, my heart isn't comfortable for not telling her what I feel towards her.So, seriously, lovers and people who broke up before, any ideas how I make my first move?

the best thing to do is ask her on simple dates that are not quite considered dates. For example take her too lunch and always pay for hers...Maybe catch a daytime movie matinae...ask her if she wants to go places like to the mall or the lake, beach and other places like that. After you spend a lot of quality time with her and you are pretty sure she likes you back. Ask her if she has ever thought about getting in a relationship. Then from there its up too you what you wanna do. Ask her out or just keep beatin around the bush..good luck hope that helps

Hmmm... I would agree to that you could ask her for a date or smth... Well... Maybe spend some a little more time with her... And after sometime you could ask her for a more serious relationship... Maybe it will work, i really dunno my GirlFriend asked me first :| So really i couldn't get any good advice, i'm not that experienced at that stuff...

Well, recently she did asked me to go out with her. Today was suppose to be a great day for me because she asked me to follow her to downtown london. Unfortunately, this morning she felt sick, so I went downtown with her friends instead.But there's still hope I guess, she asked me if I could spend time with her next week at Croydon (nearest town from our college). Of course, I wouldn't reject such opportunity, I mean who would ;) And the following week, we'll go London together. This may seem to be a clue that she likes me, but I'm still not confirming this. Hmm.. I guess I just have to let time decide.

Dude, be very careful. It's not uncommon for us guys to misinterpret girls and end up getting completely the wrong idea. I should know I've done it several times.In fact, reading into things that aren't there in the first place has made me destroy one good friendship and I've had to work hard to restore the former glory of another.The problem is that you tend to get into a "best friend" or "brother" position, which then makes any moves in the relationship department redundant and extremely dangerous.Ask yourself if you're willing to risk the friendship you have with this girl first.

On the flip side if you do not take the change you'll be forever wondering the 'what if' factor of your life, then where are you going to be ing months time whn she has a new boyfriend and she tells you she liked you, all you had to do was ask her out. You'd be slapping your head silly if thats what happens cause you'll then spend your time thinking about times you could have shown more, asked her out etc..

You have two choices, it seems.1) You spend more time with her. Hang out when she wants you to. When the timing is right, ask her nicely, ALONE, and than hope for the best. 2) Do absolutely nothing and just be close friends, which sometimes leads to life-long friends, and those don't come around very often.So you can make a choice, either give it a shot and see where it goes (Who knows, you might marry the girl!).. or do nothing and have the possibility of a "Lifelong Friend". Either way, you win. Friendship should be chrished as much as companionship should be. Friends, REAL friends, are hard to come by.Good luck with your choices.

Haha.. thx for all ur help guys. I really appreciate it. Last week did go smoothly as I wanted to.(well, not really the way I wanted, but acceptable).However, today things just went wrong. It was snowing in London this morning! And it's rare too. The fact that it snowed is due to global warming, and it's very rare to happen again. I wanted to play snowball fight at the nearest park with her and other friends. So, I told her to wait for me until lunch time since I have class for the whole morning. She promised.And God knows why she broke that promise. When I finished class and it was almost lunch time, she played with the friends with my absence. And I can look at her and the other's faces, they were completely exhausted and tired. I asked her why did she play when she promised to wait for me. She said she was afraid that the snow will stop falling and by noon, everything melts (which actually happened). When I ask her and the rest of the gang whether they wanted to play again, they denied. I felt.. dissapointed.. I mean, she did it to me.. After lunchtime, I threw my implicit temper against everyone who played in the snow.. They apologised, including her, but I felt the way they say it doesnt sound like the appreciate how serious I felt. My whole anger and temper was increasing my body temperature which I've never felt before. When I say body temp increased, I seriously mean it, my body temperature did increase even the snowflakes melt almost instantly and I felt almost like I'm somewhere in the Equator. When i got home, I threw my temper to everyone via SMS. My anger has not completely recover yet. She tried apologising to me through friendster, and God knows why she didnt want to come msn and chat with me, which would have been a better way. I'm not very sure how now, I still like her a lot, and at the same time I'm still angry. I hope tmr it will snow again just like today. But all the weather forecast news I checked never mention anything about snow for the next few weeks. I mean, it's alrdy February, and the winter season will end soon.. 3 more weeks til Spring. And if it doesnt snow for the next few weeks, God knows how bad my temper will be.Right now, I don't know how to confront her in college for tmr.

i think u should bring the though up about you two going out when u guys are alone sometime and just see what her reaction to it would be, just say something like "what do u think it would be like if we were going out" or something along those lines if you know what i meangood luck

Oh well... today went out great actually... I talked to her and other friends to solve my problem about yesterday. There's still a bit of anger inside me though, but everything will work out fine.And there's another thing I want to say, and it may sound stupid. I just asked her permission whether I could give her something during valentineson msn. But before she could reply, something came into my mind, what if she doesn't accept it, and that would be a disaster. So before she typed anything, i told her it's a friendship gift ;) But she said it was okay, and she'll buy me something as well during valentines, as a friendship gift >.<And guys, thanks for those advices. I really appreciate all the helps. And I do hope for the next Valentine's Day, i could give her the real love gift. Wish me luck ;)

Things have not gone so well for the past 3 days. I don't mean that our friendship is in constraint, it's just that she feels tired and depressed sometimes and it seems like she lost her appetite or something. I asked her whether she was okay, and all she answered was a repitation of "Yeah. I'm okay..." and then walked away with a sad-looking face. I'm worried about her and I want to know what happen, but if i'm 'over-curious', I'm afraid it could jeopardise my friendship with her.