xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ogmonster

I Hate School So Much school is really boring

school is really boring. i dont like it at all!i can name all reasons why i hate school (more then 3!)School is boringTeachers can be strict!All people do there is sleep and then gets detentionSchool can be a big pain when fights go onsome students are darn big and waiting for fights so they can beat up people and be a bullyand ect. i can name more, but i dont wanna.anyone agree? or disagree?

I disagree.School's are annoying, but schooling and teaching arn't. If they were all bullies in one school, all good students in the other. That would solve the fight problems. And peoeple in the bully only ones would be tought less, since they want to learn this. This way, the non-bully students would get a better education than they do now.It's not schooling, it's just the way schools are run. But all life is annoying, so it does teach something useful :P

I completely agree. I understand getting a good education is very important in today's world, but school is just horrible. I hate having to deal with teachers I can't stand and all the homework they assign every night. Being an Honors English student isn't exactly fun either, considering the fact that we get piled with a ton of confusing homework all the time. It's not the immature little brats I'm forced to learn with that annoy me, I can deal with their crap. It's quite the opposite: the teachers. They go on as if we have no lives and should be forced to study at ungodly hours every day, on top of all our other classes. I think it's time they realize that real life is hard enough but making our lives hard now isn't helping at all. Responsibilty comes gradually and shouldn't be piled on all at once.

@ Dagoth Nereviar:you can be right with one thing, but for some reason, something buggs me with what your sayin. like i cant understand something. sorry =X@brandon10092:wow, nice little speech there. and most likely thats my life thats in. most of the things you said most likely describes my school :P

school is really boring. i dont like it at all!i can name all reasons why i hate school (more then 3!)
School is boring
Teachers can be strict!
All people do there is sleep and then gets detention
School can be a big pain when fights go on
some students are darn big and waiting for fights so they can beat up people and be a bully
and ect. i can name more, but i dont wanna.
anyone agree? or disagree?

well it takes some certain maturity level in order to understand the importance of school, although i wouldn't say that just because you're a teen, that i completely understand your position. school can be boring to kids who find playing more interesting. while they are different, it doesn't mean the former can't be mixed with the latter. school can be fun too, but not in terms of fooling around. there are ways to make your school life a little more exciting. of course it would take effort in your part and you have to commit to that in order for your school days to be fun.

with regards to your teachers, well i do agree that teachers can be a little bit of pain, especially if they're too strict. but you know, being strict helps a kid become more disciplined. they make sure that a kid acts properly their age. while i'm not an advocate of this idea, it is more of the easier way, but it does affect the student's personality. of course a teacher need not be a strict one in order for his/her students to follow. there are other ways to train a student and it need not be in a harsh manner.

kids who sleep are those who aren't interested in a class and most likely share the same sentiment as you when it comes to school--they also find it boring. those kids in detention are those who think of school as somewhere to fool around, and they are put to detention because they needed to be taught a lesson and be straightened out.

with regards to bullies and school fights, well most kids are too aggressive these days. they take offense in just a little matter that affect them slightly or even not at all. while i admit that i was a receiving end of spiteful comments and bullying of my peers during highschool, i usually don't fight back, not because i'm a coward, but because i don't have time and energy to waste to such people. these bullies, well, bully others because they think they're great and they like to put down people, and most likely don't have anything better to do with their life. think of it like this, when kids come together and bully others, they think they're better people, but individually they really can't do anything by themselves, that's why they're called bullies.

I completely agree. I understand getting a good education is very important in today's world, but school is just horrible. I hate having to deal with teachers I can't stand and all the homework they assign every night. Being an Honors English student isn't exactly fun either, considering the fact that we get piled with a ton of confusing homework all the time. It's not the immature little brats I'm forced to learn with that annoy me, I can deal with their crap. It's quite the opposite: the teachers. They go on as if we have no lives and should be forced to study at ungodly hours every day, on top of all our other classes. I

it's funny how you can manage to think like that. like what i've mentioned above, the reason why teachers do such is because kids need to be trained, taught. this is because later on in life you're going to need all the stuff you've learned in school and apply it to your everyday life. they don't just give you assignments because they like to make their students suffer, but because it's part of the training. sarcastically speaking, only those who deserve to be in school are those who can survive such training given by teachers, and those who think it's just another suffering, should just stay home.

and of course, i'd like to quote this one, because i think it need special attention.

I think it's time they realize that real life is hard enough but making our lives hard now isn't helping at all.

well i think it's time you realize that later on in life, things WILL get complicated, so complicated that any sane person would probably lose his mind to. it WILL get a lot harder than what you think. if you think that's already tough, then wait 'til you grow up. :P

and another quote, because i really like to make sure you get my point

Responsibilty comes gradually and shouldn't be piled on all at once.

being in school isn't a responsibility. it's a privilege. in developing countries and also those, well, undeveloped countries, you'll be surprised that most of the kids there don't even go to school, some even probably don't know the meaning of the word exactly. my point is that be grateful you're being sent off to school and learn so many stuff that other unprivileged kids don't even get.

nuff said.

Wow! thats alot of things you said. i would like say things little by little. by my responces with each paragraphs of my topic of quote:

"well it takes some certain maturity level in order to understand the importance of school, although i wouldn't say that just because you're a teen, that i completely understand your position. school can be boring to kids who find playing more interesting. while they are different, it doesn't mean the former can't be mixed with the latter. school can be fun too, but not in terms of fooling around. there are ways to make your school life a little more exciting. of course it would take effort in your part and you have to commit to that in order for your school days to be fun."

Heh, it is hard to make school exiting. but its soo hard.

"with regards to your teachers, well i do agree that teachers can be a little bit of pain, especially if they're too strict. but you know, being strict helps a kid become more disciplined. they make sure that a kid acts properly their age. while i'm not an advocate of this idea, it is more of the easier way, but it does affect the student's personality. of course a teacher need not be a strict one in order for his/her students to follow. there are other ways to train a student and it need not be in a harsh manner."

Heh, i kinda disagree with "disciplined" part there. my science teacher is VERY VERY strict, people mostly wants to get her mad enough so she can damage a student and she can be fired. anyways, continues...

"kids who sleep are those who aren't interested in a class and most likely share the same sentiment as you when it comes to school--they also find it boring. those kids in detention are those who think of school as somewhere to fool around, and they are put to detention because they needed to be taught a lesson and be straightened out."

ok, tell me this, is forgetting a "pencil" good enough to get a detention? just wonderin in your eyes.. for me, its a VERY VERY dumb reason to get detention. anyways, last paragraph...

"with regards to bullies and school fights, well most kids are too aggressive these days. they take offense in just a little matter that affect them slightly or even not at all. while i admit that i was a receiving end of spiteful comments and bullying of my peers during highschool, i usually don't fight back, not because i'm a coward, but because i don't have time and energy to waste to such people. these bullies, well, bully others because they think they're great and they like to put down people, and most likely don't have anything better to do with their life. think of it like this, when kids come together and bully others, they think they're better people, but individually they really can't do anything by themselves, that's why they're called bullies.

it's funny how you can manage to think like that. like what i've mentioned above, the reason why teachers do such is because kids need to be trained, taught. this is because later on in life you're going to need all the stuff you've learned in school and apply it to your everyday life. they don't just give you assignments because they like to make their students suffer, but because it's part of the training. sarcastically speaking, only those who deserve to be in school are those who can survive such training given by teachers, and those who think it's just another suffering, should just stay home."

looks at "should just stay home". they cant stay home forever here. if he was in school for 180 days, then he can, elsewise, he cane.

secondly, the bullies do think their tough, and you dont want to be a coward, but sometimes being agressive can be effective. like when a teacher is there and the bully punches you in the face. there goes detention for them.

as i explained my part, i can see all you are saying. but it is still difficult to be in school, and thats why i really hate it. i have to give it to you though. good job for explaining a lot. i learned a few things here. including the rest of your post, i still thank you.

In my case, school is awesome. For good grades I'm rewarded well, presents such as laptop, lcd, car, ect. It's not that hard even when I have a bad teacher. I take classes which my friends take so that way we can study or do hw or help each other out. And the bully part...I've seen it only affect outcasts.Also, school is one of the most important things when it comes to shaping your personality. People who take home-schooling act a lot more retarded than those that go to a normal school. School allows you to meet people you normally wouldn't meet and make more friends than you normally would have. I used to hate school for a bit but now I'm fine with it.Yes, school isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but you'll have to get used to boredom someday, because it'll be there all throughout your future. School on it's own isn't fun, its the people there (friends) who make it fun.

Well you have to look at it two ways:

Pros:

School helps you make new friends and in a way get a better social life (not saying this is for everyone), as the amount of people you will meet at school will be more than on your street or at your local football club. Teachers are strict for a reason, and the reason to enforce rules and to make school actualy better for you. Abuse at teachers because of this is quite bad and is not very polite to the teacher because simply, they're only doing there job and what they are set to do. You can go on and on about 'that horrible maths teacher' or 'that horrible science teacher who gives detentions out for nothing'. Well teachers won't give detentions out for nothing if they're doing there job right, they give them out for a purpose. And if a teacher is giving them out constantly for nothing, I would recommend you go and see there head of department, or even the School's head.

Cons:

School can be boring at some times, you will find that odd lesson where all the teacher does is read out of a text book and make you copy 10 paragraphs out. Some teachers, and I know this for sure do give detentions out, just to pick on people. My friend today got shouted at very loudly for not taking his coat off, when he walked into the classroom after the teacher had said this. Well I suppose it was his problem because of coming late into lesson and wearing his coat indoors, but a simple 'please take your coat off...' may go a longer way than 'GET YOUR COAT OFF NOW!'.

I would consider re-thinking your views of school and coming to a good conclusion.

Have a good life!

-Tom.

man i have to dis agree with the whole school thing sucks.. I mean im not sure where you guys are going to school at but here, schools, and im not saying its like frakin awesome , and yeah we have the normal stuff idiot acting like idiots, we have gangs, and yeah we have fights all the time, but thats only normal now and days. But there is still ways to have a good experience. Dont you play any sports , thats a good way to be doing something good wether the schools good or not, in my case our football team sucks. but our other sports are great .

School rocks, in my school, there are no bullies (well, probably just because there are only too persons bigger than me, in terms of height) and you'll get more popular if you're in the "top 5" (the 5 best students of the class) and the teachers are the best, citywide (for me, not for the statistics-making jerks, who say that the autist bully school at downtown is better) and in school, I meet my friends, and my girlfriend, and teachers will explain everything, so I <3 my school, and you should do it, to!

The best advice I can give you(And the least bias opinion), would be(and trust me). Once you graduate, you'll be so glad to went to school. You'll get jobs MUCH easier then if you were a droppout.You may hate it now, but it'll save your life later.

You don't HAVE to accept punishment or detention, you know. That's just an illusion.

When I was in school I would only accept it if I knew I had done wrong. If I hadn't I would say, I'm sorry, but I can't accept punishment for this, it wouldn't be ethical.

And don't think that my teachers were any less strict, they just came to realize that I was an extremely ethical being and not to be trifled with. And I was not afraid. What would they do to me? Kill me? Unlikely. Throw me out of school? Again, unlikely - I was pretty mature, and used to read a LOT and take part in every school activity - I was a good student. But I would just not obey an order if that order was wrong. And people respect that. You are born free - if you submit to wearing chains you shouldn't complain about it. Understand that you ARE free. If you submit to something you feel is wrong, you are CHOOSING to submit to that. You can choose NOT to submit, if you're truly in the right, it just takes a great deal of personal courage and moral force. But people DO respect that. I'm not saying be a rebel - I'm saying be a moral giant. As Abe Lincoln said - right MAKES might.

Lastly, knowledge is a strange thing - as a matter of fact I'm a person who HAS NOT used what I learned in school much. After I finished with high school, I worked my way across the planet and studied the martial arts in depth in various schools of the east - but one thing I DID learn in school was the simple skill of reading, and it has been a source of joy, recreation and knowledge for the rest of my life. And I'm very grateful for that.

School opens doors and windows into a limitless country called 'knowledge' - a country so vast and so wonderful that you can explore it forever and not tire of it.

Well, school's been out two days where I am due to snow, plus a day for MLK day, plus two days for a weekend, and, guess what, I'm bored out of my gourd here. So, seriously, I'd totally rather be at school. All my friends are at school, and we get to do a LOT of cool stuff. Think of the bright side of school!!!