xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Gmail To Be Out Of Beta Soon

As the Second birthday of GMail is getting closer the expectation of any new surprises on this years April Fool's Day increases.Google GMail is in Beta for nearly 2 years since its introduction on 1st April 2005.Since then the GMail space counter is ticking each second, increasing the capacity of the GMail InBox.As of the time of this post the GMail Space counter indicated 2802.975130 MB of free space, nearly 2.8 GB.Google recently stopped the GMail ticker, but resumed the ticker within a few days. So it is greatly expected that the GMail space will soon become fixed.It is also expected that Google will add more features to GMail for its birthday.Lets wait and see what Google has in its plan.

Well i cannot wait for it, gmail is the best email provider in the world, well to me anyway, they have great features as it is and i hope the add some new really really good ones..

So it took google two years to figure out what they wanted to do with gmail. Maybe they will do something like yahoo and make it more interactive :P. Then I might be convince to stay with them, nah not really, I be sticking with yahoo for a bit longer.

Chances are they'll offer everyone 100 dollars and 500gb's of free space. Then...APRIL FOOLS!Do you think they'll try to trick us? :P

I thought that the whole scheme of introducing it a beta and having it locked out (and only if you were offered an invitation were you given a chance to register) was just to increase the rep of the whole procedure and product...I mean gmail was becoming extra-cult(ish), especially in the first months when we had never seen something similar...In my opinion, the whole invitation thing helped it become no.1 in the first steps of the game, of course...(cause afterwards, its user-friendly interface helped it a long way)...

Well, one of the thing that caused expectations of GMail was that mystery, that policy of invitations, so the accounts only increase user to user... I think that gave Gmail a socializing aspect even before signing. Everybody wanted to have an account although they didn?t need 1 or 2 gigas for nothing really. The fact that you couldn?t just enter and get an account by yourself made it more interesting. They are having for months a product under beta that is far better than most email services so let?s expect that when the beta period is over, Gmail will be almost invulnerable.But I don?t care... still in beta is more than a good service. Enough for me.

@Saint Michel: in my opinion, the ajax-powered yahoo interface sucks hard (sorry for the language, I`ll edit if any problems :P)...sometimes I can barely move the pointer of my mouse..it "moves" so sluggish..don't really know why, my computer is not really an antiquity yet :D..anyway, I think gmail is much better...I simply got used to the interface.. I don`t think I`ll ever switch to another service :P

I'd definitely agree with Saint Michel, because eventhough GMail's AJAX interface is Slim and plain it loses in the features offered by Yahoo and Live Mail like Drag Drop etc. In case of functionality GMail lacks many which the others provide.

Gmail, what can I say? What a good email provider! I firstly got my email within the first week of the website opening by an invite off somebody. Later down the line they increased the invites you could send out to about 99 (if i'm not mistaken). By then you could tell it was getting a bit closer, not a lot, but a bit. Gmail's AJAX features I find quite impressive, other email providers try to get better, but with too many features it becomes a nightmare. Gmail's interface is a very simple and slim one boosting the AJAX even more. I really cannot complain when it comes to Gmail. All I can say is, What a good email provider!.

-Tom.

P.s. Happy emailing! :P

In my opinion, Gmail has re-defined e-mail.There GUI/UI and simpicity with excessively packed features keep us wondering ,...what next?surely, things going to get more better and more better and more better.

Gmail is by far, the best email provider i've ever encountered. I like the fact that it doesnt have image ads that flood the page. I like how the layout's so simple so you can easily find what you need. At first, i joined gmail because i was curious what the gmail hype was about and why they only offer them through invites. But eventually, ive grown to love their services that i pledged to stay with them for good. I havent encountered any problems with them so far for a year and a half now.I wonder what google has in store for everyone when they get out of Beta. *excited!*