xisto Community
lewisM

Your Views On Drugs

I've experimented plenty and can say anything that is natural is fine, even better than 2 legal drugs. The worst drugs are tobacco and alcohol. More people die from tobacco alone than all heroin users, cocaine users, all other illicit illegal drugs combined. More people die each year from aspirin alone than heroin and no one has EVER died from smoking pot. That's not to say no one's ever died from a crash or accident while being high. But no one has ever died directly from smoking pot.Pot, peyote, mushrooms are natural. Indians in central america have eaten peyote for thousands of years, thousands. They still make a pilgrimage every year to texas to pick peyote and eat it for spiritual guidance and it is legal for them to do it. Prozac is more dangerous than these drugs.I should add that eating McD's daily, or downing tons of sugar will cause you more problems and lead to disability more often than pot, peyote, mushrooms. It's when you get into chemically engineered drugs that you run serious risks. Meth, ecstacy, LSD, etc are very dangerous because the stability depends solely on who made it. LSD was invented by the USA to explore the human brain, Meth was invented by Hitler's regime to allow soldiers go strong for days at a time.

Prozac is more dangerous than these drugs.

Maybe if you overdose on it. Any drug is dangerous if you overdose. I doubt an antidepressant as popular as Prozac is harmful, considering all the research behind it and other antidepressants. You cannot use the fact that it makes some people suicidal, that happens to one in several thousands of people that take it.

Also the thing about going out and robbing someones house while under the influence, yes, that does happen. But not for weed. Dope is dirt cheap, people dont rob houses for it, or mug people, or anything like that.

I doubt that is true. Anything that is addictive can cause a person to steal for it. To say people don't do that is wrong to say. People who are dirt poor are going to steal and kill for it.

First off, get your facts right you low-life. Marijuana, dope, ecstasty and all those drugs are far worse than cigaretts and alcholl

Well i would say the main reason is, contrary to popular belief, trying something once or twice wont kill you. Yes i know there is a very small percentage of people that get completely hooked / OD / screw up completely on there first try, but it is a very small percentage."why take the risk?" is s pretty much pointless argument, you take risks every time you walk past someone smoking, cross a main road, leave the house. Admitedly these are higher risks, but no more than getting drunk, in fact probably less.

Sure it won't 'Kill" you, but it affects your body. Even one little hit will kill brain cells, and will damage your lungs. You do take risks everyday, but I bet more people would rather take the risk of leaving their house, then take the risk of smoking marijuana. And no those are not higher risks than getting drunk. I've let the house my whole life and not once have something bad happene to me, but sooner or later those people who drink, when theyre young, are GOING TO see the side effects!

But yea, people say "why do drug?"bottom line - its fun.
the feeling of being so stoned you can barely move and yet are laughing so hard at nothing.
The feeling of being completely unstopable and the happyness that E gives. People say "oh thats pretty sad that you need E to make you happy" but seriosly, once you've felt the happy i get off it you would understand.

It's fun killing brain cells? It's fun hurting your lungs, it's fun getting addicited. Yeah sounds like louds of fun. Sitting on a sofa for 5 hours doing nothing. How Fun is that. And yes Marijuan is addicitng!

marijuana use can lead to addiction in people. That is, they cannot control their urges to seek out and use marijuana, even though it negatively affects their family relationships, school performance, and recreational activities (9). According to one study, marijuana use by teenagers who have prior antisocial problems can quickly lead to addiction (3). In addition, some frequent, heavy marijuana users develop tolerance to its effects. This means they need larger and larger amounts of marijuana to get the same desired effects as they used to get from smaller amounts.

to the post above - why? the guy is causing no trouble in his own home, he isnt going out starting fights, he is just quietly stoning in his own home

That's coming from doctors and not some ignorant 14 year old *BLEEP*ing up his life!

So yea, "you're damaging your health!"yea i probably am, but smoking a few J's once a week f*cks me up less than getting completely wasted at parties and what not, so i think i'll survive.

Really smoking a "few J's" will *BLEEP* you up just as good as getting wasted smart *bottom*!
Because when you inhale the smoke it goes to your lungs you know? You know what lungs are ??
They also cause heart desease and memory loss. Drinking is bad, don't get me wrong, but so is marijuana!

to the post above - why? the guy is causing no trouble in his own home, he isnt going out starting fights, he is just quietly stoning in his own home.

He is causing trouble, by hurting himself. Also, he is showing others that marijuana, and other drugs are okay to usel! For sure others no that this guy smokes. You know ppl who do drugs do not keep it to
themselves!

One last thing - dont take this post as me saying weed doesnt hurt you, it definately does. But, it is better for you than tobaco and doesnt dmg the body as much as binge drinking.It is however, a gateway drug. What i mean by that is you will do it saying you'll never do any other drugs at all but somehow it will lead you onto other *BLEEP*.

Weed is not better than you then using cigaretts. WHy is MArijuan illegal and Cigaretts are not. Answer that!

Scientists have learned a great deal about how THC acts in the brain to produce its many effects. When someone smokes marijuana, THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain.
In the brain, THC connects to specific sites called cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Some brain areas have many cannabinoid receptors; others have few or none. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement4.

The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system5 and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine6. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.

As you can see marijuana is worse than ciagaretts! Drinking is just as bad, but at least with beer you are not hurting others with the smoke!

"I'm not hooked, I just do it occasionally."

Thats what the crack addict said to and look where he's at!

Im not trying ti be mean, but it pisses the *BLEEP* out of me when jack *bottom* teens say *BLEEP* like that! How it's fun, I really hope you do figure out how bad these drugs are!
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I could go on and on about what I think about drugs, but I'll try and keep it short and sweet. :)If we're talking about perscription drugs, I'm a bit mixed on that. I agree with Tom Cruise and other Scientologists who say the drugging of children has gotten out of hand. :) Doctors seem a little too willing to drug up kids who simply neede to be disciplined and/or given the attention they need. :rolleyes: But I also think that if a person needs help with anxiety (like me), etc then they should take them. Yes, they can sometimes be helped by a simple change in diet, etc but sometimes it's the only thing that can fully help someone. :D Now, as far as illegal drugs go... I'm totally against them. I've had to deal with a loser cousin who's only job is to beg or steal for money because of drugs (and alcohol). The only drug users I've dealt with in my life are just absolutely pathetic... and let's not even go into the lack of brain cells they seem to have after their "wonderful" little drugs have gone through their system a few times. :rolleyes::huh: Ick. :)

drugs are huge problem of society but not beacouse of their nature, but beacouse of those using drugs the wrong way. although i belive that all of us humans, and even all of these nature sorounding us is connected in some way so that one person using drugs hurts someone else regardless wheater he is smoking herb at home or stealing and robbing for his dope.you might think of me as a fool for saying such a things but i just like looking at things that way. i belive in god, a supreme being that watches on all of us and that she or he loves us more than our parents, grandparents. god loves us more than we love our own children. i belive that he created this earth and universe for us to live in and to enjoy it.but even god has enemies, yes the devil. devil is not much different from god. it has it's knowlege and power, but devil doesn't love us. devil just wants our souls roasted in hell for his pleasure beacouse she or he couldn't find it's place in god's world.now how can that be connected to drugs?do you know the story about garden of eden, and adam and eve? that forbiden apple which God asked them nicely to take care of but never try it. but we are humans, we have that something called curiosity and it was just the question of time when they couldn't resist temptation and they tried the apple :)it opened their eyes bible says? but to where?they realized that they are naked, they begun to fear from God and they couldn't look at him in the eyes anymore. God banished them from garden of eden beacouse they were not worthy, and Adam and Eve got their own children. They started raising apple trees beacouse they knew if they had that tree they have all the power they need.But that was 20 000 years ago? Do you ever wonder what is that apple tree now? Nobody knows, beacose it is forgotten. It is forgotten beacouse humans are not eternal, they get born, live and they die. Only thing that is left behind from them is knowledge -- the things they learned from their lifes which they try to teach their children who again act like they acted in first place. They don't listen. They think they are smarter than their parents and go away from their parents belives. Some of them find better ways for them to live in this world without need for those apples others stick to those apples thinking that they are the one who are going to find the answer.But both of those children are needed, and only the boundrys must be set between them. Those who found life without apples should leave those who can't find it at peace, but those who need apples must respect ways of those who don't need them.It's a question of ballance, which is real hard to find and even more harder to live by.to lewisM..If you like hallucinations try acid beacouse that drug provides most powerfull hals of all, with as little as possible damage to human mind. Just beware, don't get scared beacouse with that drug you unlock some parts of your mind which you maybe didn't know that they egzisted and you might end up is some deep shi'' if you aren't prepared for such a thing. before consuming acid you need to be in touch with your self, and as the proper name for acid is LSD-25 i think that it shouldn't be used before you have at least 25 years without it in normal life. in puberty you might think of some things quite different than when you reach adolescence, and establish a normal surroundings for your self.and PLEASE don't use it beacouse someone SAID YOU SHOULD use in only if YOU FEEL YOU ARE PREPARED FOR THAT!!!!! if anything bad happends to you i don't want to be the one who you are going to blame for that.

I agree in the use of Canabis and Morphine for medical uses only but it has a long term damaging effect but also at the same time if every induviduals choise to use drugs so im sure my oppinion would not change anyones mind.

Effects of cannabis

Using cannabis can have both immediate and longer-term effects. These effects may vary from person to person. Things that may influence how you are affected by the drug are:

* The amount and strength of the cannabis, hash or hashish oil

* The way it is taken (eg smoked or eaten)

* Your weight, size and health

* Your mood when you take it

* What else you are taking with it

* The environment where you are taking it eg, at home with friends, at a party, or by yourself.

Some of the more immediate effects of cannabis use may include:

* A feeling of euphoria

* A loss of concentration

* Relaxation

* A feeling of confidence

* Wanting to eat more

* Red eyes

* Wanting to talk and/or laugh more than usual

* Losing balance and coordination

* Feelings of anxiety or paranoia

Some of the possible long-term effects of cannabis use are:

* Lung problems

* Difficulties with memory and attention

* Development of dependence

* Increased risk of mental health problems

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Learn to use proper bbcodes. Copied http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

First thing I'd like to say, is I'd never whois someone and tell the cops. I know that's wrong, and I'd feel *very* betrayed if someone did it to me.Second, people have been killed directly from pot. Drug overdose kills more than you think. You take it for too long, you can't get enough to get the feeling. So you take HUGE amounts. You die. It's very simple. Anyway, I think most everything has been mentioned, so I'm done here...

Sharn - it is all but impossable to OD on weed, you would green out long before you take enough to die :rolleyes:

If you like hallucinations try acid beacouse that drug provides most powerfull hals of all, with as little as possible damage to human mind. Just beware, don't get scared beacouse with that drug you unlock some parts of your mind which you maybe didn't know that they egzisted and you might end up is some deep shi'' if you aren't prepared for such a thing. before consuming acid you need to be in touch with your self, and as the proper name for acid is LSD-25 i think that it shouldn't be used before you have at least 25 years without it in normal life. in puberty you might think of some things quite different than when you reach adolescence, and establish a normal surroundings for your self.
and PLEASE don't use it beacouse someone SAID YOU SHOULD use in only if YOU FEEL YOU ARE PREPARED FOR THAT!!!!! if anything bad happends to you i don't want to be the one who you are going to blame for that.

Me + co have thought about acid before, decided it wasnt the best idea. As you said, it is supposed to be the most intense halutionagenic you can get and we thought it would be best not to dive straight in on that. We probably will eventualy try it, but not until we are 100% confortable with other stuff like shrooms.
Thanks for the info though :)

Short Answer: I think drugs are bad.Just go to your local downtown and look on the streets. All those homeless people you see there were drug addicts at one point. That's how they got there. Also I think that any kind of a smoking drug (ei: weed, and let's include cigarettes too) are the worst. This is because with needle things, you are the only one that damages your health. But with smoking, there is second hand smoke that travels around the air and can get into other non smokers, including me. With needles, it's only your health you are damaging and it's your choice. But with smoke you are also damaging my and other bystanders' health, something most of us don't want.

Sharn - it is all but impossable to OD on weed, you would green out long before you take enough to die :rolleyes:Me + co have thought about acid before, decided it wasnt the best idea. As you said, it is supposed to be the most intense halutionagenic you can get and we thought it would be best not to dive straight in on that. We probably will eventualy try it, but not until we are 100% confortable with other stuff like shrooms.
Thanks for the info though :)

before venturing into world of hallucinogenic drugs try reading some books from Carlos Castaneda, Aldous Huxley, Timothy Leary. They were all drug addicts but in their books you can realize some things about drugs.

And ask your parents about those drugs and the feeling you have that you need to use them. Maybe they can help you out with that.

lol yeah....i think banning drugs isnt really the answer.....look at prohibition in the 1930s, the statistics showed that there were actually MORE illegal pubs then there were legal pubs before the prohibition!i expect its the same now, lots of big rich drug lords making lots of money, more than they would if it was legal!I think people should be responsible enough not to take drugs without it being illegal....if they stop, then its because they really really want to, and the law wont stop an addict, he'll alwways find some way to get more, the only person that can stop him is himself....seeing as im an avid conspiracy theorist, i believe the government is behind it, creating "evil drug lords" as a "bad guy" for the public to hate, while they get away with murder and stealing other ppls countries and stuff :rolleyes: who knows, they may flood the streets themselves to keep the public hooked so they dont rise up in revolution against the evil borgouis! :) ok, ignore the last paragraph, like i said im a conspiracy theorist... :rolleyes:

Well today really opened my eyes, heres my tale of sorrow and realisation, or something like that.Friday just gone 4 of my friends ground up some E and took it in school (its called dabs round here when taken like that).So any way, me + 2 others said they were stupid for doing it in school, they had a good time on it and nothing more was thought of it.Monday (today) rolls along and first thing this morning each of us gets called up to the deputy heads office, one after the other followed by a few other people.As soon as we get a chance to talk we comfirm the fears, its about them taking drugs in school.Now luckily enough I didnt take any (and god am i thankful for that), but they are all shitting it.Not only that, the kid who deals them got busted to, he had 35 pills on him and was seen being taken away in a police van.One of my friends is relly *BLEEP*ed, he has had 3 convictions with drugs before, one assualt and was expelled from a different school because of drugs. He is basically heading straight to juvie, although nothing has been decided yet.The other 3 are more than likely going to get expelled, not only posesion of but taking class A in school, there isnt much hope for them :)So thats 4 of my closest friends, gone, because of drugs. We are all just hoping that they dont all get permenantly expelled, maybe just like a few weeks or something.Thing is, it is blatantly obviouse that someone has reported all of this, the teachers know to much to be conveniance. Now as much as i am sorry for my friends, i fear for the kid who reported it (somehow a name leaked out), he has just got one of the most well known + loved kids and a pretty huge dealer arrested. He has lived a sheltered life and has no idea what he has got himself into, i'm not exagerating when i say he should fear for his life.Any way, so i'm going clean. Not because of all the *BLEEP* about it damaging my health and all, *BLEEP* that. But because of the risk. If they had been found on the streets thats a 5 year prison sentance, in school and they are expelled just before there GCSE's. Drugs have basically destroyed there lives.So yea, i'm a nice ol mixture of pissed off, sad and a heap of other emotions right now, sarcastic comments will really not be appreciated :rolleyes:Ahh well, guess i had to learn the hard way, i always was a *BLEEP* when it came to breaking the rules.Discuss.

It's stereotyping to say that all homeless people were once drug addicts. It's just not true. Many of them could have just been born in a bad family or had some sort of physical or mental ailment that prevented them from getting a job.I think drugs are bad. Almost everyone at my work is really into drugs and drinking so I choose to only talk to those people who share the same values as I do.It's not like I'm not pressured to do drugs, I just have choosen that that's not what I want to do with my teenage years. For example, this past weekend I was invited to a party and when I arrived it turned out to be a lot different than I thought it would be. The whole party was just smoking hookah in the backyard. Because I don't want to be apart of that, even though hookah is a lot less than marijuana, I decided to leave the party.

I think drugs are ok when you feel like doing it and its great! But it sucks when you get in trouble for it. Like getting busted and going on probation and court supervision. Ive been through 4 years of serving both of those. It sucks when you have to go pee too cause they watch you from behind and you get scared countlessly before it takes you 10-15 minutes just to go. They watch you like a hawk ya know. Anyways, i think drugs are great after your a free man just like i am now. Haha.