xisto Community
lewisM

Your Views On Drugs

My view on drugs. I have firmly believed always since i was little that what you do to your OWN body that does not harm anyone else should be legal. Not only is smoking dope for example, not harmful to anyone, but to the person who is smoking it, but it is less harmful then alcohol and cigarettes. So who cares if it is morally wrong? I think it is morally wrong to tell other people that they cannot marry someone because they are the same sex, but that is my own views. Seriously though, why does anyone care what people do to there own bodys? If you wanna shoot up heroin GOOD FOR YOU. I don't do it and never will, but if they want to go right ahead. If they want to stop offer clinics for free. That would be cheaper then fighting the "war" on drugs which is a joke anyways. That's like having a war on jealousy.Drugs being illegal increases jail size. Drugs being illegal increases crime rates. It doesn't increase it because of the people getting caught with drugs, but because of the shootings, stabbings, and killings for drugs. Think about this. What if you could go to a place to buy drugs, for example meth. This place had to get a license to sell it and had to be checked like a liquor store. Then the meth you bought there would be clean and less chance of dying from OD. It would be inspected and cleaned. You could maybe even receive a free needle with every purchase to decrease the chance or AIDS or other diseases. Why are people so scared to make the legal? By the way, i said scared, yes scared. There is no other reason.P.S. this was my 500th post!

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

I think its rather dumb that drugs are not legal, but drinking and cigarettes are. I know more people who are in accidents due to drinking, then because they are high. Probably because when your high, it feels good you dont need to go anywhere, when you are drunk, its not usually enough to make you perfectly fine where you are. I don't think any of it should really be legal, but i think if alcohol and cigarettes are legal then pot should be legal too, i am okay with harder drugs being illegal, even though i have taken many illegal drugs it doesn't bother me that they are not legal.I think its funny the anti drug commercials always talk about pot and cigarettes, i hardly see alcohol ones and i hardly see hard drug ones. So its okay for a kid to do heroin and drink, but not okay for a kid to smoke cigarettes and pot? I'd be more concerned if my kid was doing heroin or snorting cocaine then if they were smoking pot. I get pot is a gateway drug supposedly, but i know more people that just stick with pot then other drugs. If anything alcohol is the bigger, or even biggest gateway drug because its so not as good as the others.

Ok now We are talking,First of all It is your will and your will alone that gets you onto drugs and whatever be the drug whether psychoactive or whatever it isnt exactly BAD.I mean If you have the drug then it is alright but if the drug is enjoying you then It is your fault and nobody else's. Not meaning to insult and sorry If I sound rude but it is true. People get hooked onto it when either they are not prepared or they are scared of facing life.There is nothing wrong as such and the only reason that such a thing is said about drugs is because of abuse and misconception. If we do not know a thing about a particular thing then we immediately harbour negativity towards it. It is sort of the thing that comes down generations along with other things :(.Hearing from elders all around we are fed with negative thoughts against a particular thing in this case drugs but we fail to see that all our saintly ancestors have been using drugs to attain heightened spirituality. Like I said It is all in one's perspective, If it is used wisely and properly then why not but as the chance of misinformed people abusing it is high, People think it safer to ban it in general :lol: :lol:

This is an interesting topic, I personally don't use nor agree with drugs. But I do think that is everyone's right to using them or not. You can see the harm drugs can do though, I mean even with drugs for headaches. As a matter of a fact, my uncle overdosed on Ibuprofen, passed out for 6 hours till his mom got home. Drugs are dangerous, yet they can help you deal with life. You just have to decide for yourself what's right.

This is an interesting topic, I personally don't use nor agree with drugs. But I do think that is everyone's right to using them or not. You can see the harm drugs can do though, I mean even with drugs for headaches. As a matter of a fact, my uncle overdosed on Ibuprofen, passed out for 6 hours till his mom got home. Drugs are dangerous, yet they can help you deal with life. You just have to decide for yourself what's right.

Wow I know waht you mean My friends uncle got drugs prescribed for malaria and the man died as a result coz they were not the right ones or something but yes any drug prescribed or not is dangerous

It depend on which drugs you are using all Medicines are also drugs. No one lives without atleast tyaking one drug but now Stimulants and depressants taken without a Prescription is very bad for the body/ it will make the White blood cells unable to Fight pathogens due to ( stimulants Lazyness and depressants have very bad defectivities) Ok bye. :lol:

well drugs are categories in different types like soft drugs which are marijuana, then synthetic ones like LSD. basically these are used for medical purposes. but is misused by people. one should be aware of they things and what will happen if overdose does occur.

Generally I am against drugs, but when the drugs are for medical reasons I would say it is ok. When drugs can save life it is wonderful, but when they are taking lives or making life hard I can't say that I see anything positive in that.

Around here, kids in pre-k and kindergarten (ages four and five, in other words) are on Ritalin. LOTS of these little kids are on it. Most of them do not in fact have ADD/ADHD. They only have to take the medicine when school is in session. They don't even take the pills on weekends. During the summer, these kids detox and...wonder of wonders...they're NOT showing any signs of ADD/ADHD. They can sit still for more than five minutes. They can focus on specific tasks. Yes, there are some kids around here who really do need the Ritalin. But most of the kids who are on that garbage don't. The local school district uses the stuff to keep the little kids - who are SUPPOSED to be full of energy and NOT have attention spans longer than a few minutes - quiet and still. It's like...wow, the kids can't concentrate for more than ten minutes - but make them take pills every school day and they'll be perfect little pupils.Seriously.So when these kids get older...how are they supposed to understand that there's allegedly a difference between taking Ritalin to calm down and smoking weed to calm down? What IS the difference? One's a legal, VERY over-prescribed drug and the other is an illegal, natural substance. But try explaining that to a teenager.

not sure what country u r in?...but here in england smokers r getting turned away for a lot of treatment..and yeah i can understand that....yet..alcoholics still get as much treatment-tho liver transplants maybe refused...junkies still get all the help they need....yet who pays the most taxes?...those addicted to cigs and alcohol...will find the majority of junkie don't work..so live off benfits...steal to fund their habit...and then cost the government money to treat them..cot the government money to keep them in prison....they harm others when they get violent...as do alcoholics and non alcoholics who get violent when they have had a few...do u hear of someone getting violent when they have smoked a few *BLEEP*?..no!..may get a bit tetchy if they need a *BLEEP* n aint got none but that's all...ok there is arguments about passive smoking and rightly so it is being banned in most public places...look at when the world cup is on...is a proven fact that there is a considerable rise in domestic violence caused by over indulgence in alcohol...the lads go down the pub...have a few...come home in a mood when england loose or play crap n take it out on their other half...Now when u look at it all like this...whats the worst addictions?...ones that r legal or illegal..those that pay takes or those that don't....doesnt take a genius to work it out...At the end of the day we live in an imperfect world...and have to do the best we can....and try and improve things for ourselves and others...even if that means we don't have time for say alcoholics...if we all turn our back on them then that wont help..we have to do the right thingcaz

I hate drugs, think they're disgusting and a waste of time, but I also believe in freedom, and equality, and think people should be able to pollute their own bodies if they so choose, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Besides it's not like the current war on drugs is winning, so maybe try another tactic, at least if drugs were legal, we could tax the hell out of the industry and nobody would have to pay taxes.

Drugs, drugs, drugs. I think that drugs are for people who can't cope with reality. If they're sad, they want drugs to make it better; if they're happy, they want drugs to celebrate the occassion or they want to be "happier". Some people just can't cope, just like some people have learning disabilities. I don't respect drug users anyless than anyone else, like I would respect a mentally challenged person. That's not to say that I don't pity them for not being able to control their emotions or temptations, just like I have pity for people who can't learn or communicate like I can. Everything I said above was directed towards habitual users. I do believe that everything can be okay in moderation, but lets face it, how many drug users do you know that are able to moderate such a habit? Not too many.