xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Hide Feature

Do you think it would be possible to make another side feature just like the Hide feature, except with this one it doesn't have the quote tags around it, because i have been noticing that there are allot of people who are using the hide feature in their signature, and i would like to start using it in my signature, but i think that with the quote tags around it, it makes it look a little bit horrid IMO, and i think it would just look better without the quote tags.And i understand that you put the quote tags to prevent people from cheating the system, but it's just a suggestion... It would also make people's sig blocks allot smaller without the big blue quote box around it, and just the Click to Show/Hide-> thing in the sig.like i said just a suggestion :)

I am thinking about rewriting the HIDE bbcode tag all over. This HIDE code will not require to enter the option as the current one, i.e. HIDE=option.I will consider without the quote format. Who knows... maybe forum members would actually adhere to our forum rules and not cheat with credit system.

Well with all the members on these days I think the people that do try to cheat the system will be caught. I didn't even remember that the HIDE tags had quotes around them but I put them in it anyway but of course I've been here. I think it'd be a good idea when you just have too much info of different subjects or whatever. There will always be a few that try to cheat but they are always caught one way or another.

I like the idea of a streamlined Hide feature, especially for signatures. A good way to have information made available if people are interested, but cutting down on the space for everyone else.But, knowing me, I cringe in horror at what I'd think "necessary" to be in there....Do graphics load while "hidden", or do they only load when shown?

Do graphics load while "hidden", or do they only load when shown?

In Opera, the images do not load while hidden. In other browsers, like Firefox, the images load whether hidden or not.

This is the site where I got mine. Instead of quotes, it has a link you click on. I like it so far, it might be good for Albus's site and this site too if you are looking for something new