xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Ftp Account Management Part 2.2 of my 7 Part Cpanel Tutorial

This tutorial is an extension to my 7 tutorial series about the Cpanel. The 7 different Cpanel tutorials can be found below.
Part 1: E-mail Management
Part 2: Useful Site Management Tools
Part 3: Useful Site Management Tools2.1
Part 4: Analysis/Log Files
Part 5: Advanced Tools
Part 6: PreInstalled Scripts, Extras, and Cpanel Options
Part 7: Fantastico

Detailed Cpanel Tutorial Part 2.2: FTP Management

Posted Image

For this tutorial, you will need to locate the Icon under Site Management Tools labeled FTP Manager Posted Image and also inside of the FTP:// Accounts area

Adding A New FTP Account
1) Locate the link that says '[ Add FTP Account ]' Near the bottom of the page, click it

2) Enter the Login Name, this will be the name that the user uses to log-in to the File Manager, or through the FTP Client

3) Enter the password, this will be the password used for accessing the File manager, or through the FTP Client

4) Enter a quota if you want the user to have one, this ca be used to ensure that they will not upload a large file taking up all of your webspace

5) Type in the directory that you want the user to have access too, if you want them to have access only to the forums then type in the directory used for the forums (IE: /forums) But if you want the user to have access to all of the files that are on your site, then simply type in '/' without the apostrophes and that will grant them access to all of your files in the public_html/www folder

6) Hit Create and you're done!

Deleting An Old FTP Account
1) Locate the icon to the right of the account you want to delete that says Delete Posted Image

2) Click it, It will ask you if you really want to delete the account, click yes if you really do, or no if you don't really want to

-Note- You are not able to delete the default accounts, they are identified with the Posted Image logo next to it

Setting a Quota for an Already-Made FTP Account
1) Locate the icon to the very right of the account you want to set a quota for that says Quota Posted Image

2) Click it, and enter a quota in MB that you would like the user to have.

-Note- If you want to change it to unlimited, then type in unlimited in the box and they will be set to unlimited MB upload

Changing The Password For An FTP Account
1) Locate the icon to the right of the account that you want to change the password for that says Password Posted Image

2) Click it, and type in the new password that you want it to have.

-----
Miscellaneous Stuff

Identifying the Main Accounts
The Main Accounts are the accounts that have the Main Account logo next to them, Posted Image

Disconnecting a User From FTP
If you want to disconnect a user fro the FTP server for some reason, you can do it with the click of a few buttons.

1) Go back into the Main FTP Manager page that shows two icons, one for FTP Accounts, and the other FTP Sessions

2) Click on FTP Sessions

3) Choose the one you wish to disconnect, be careful not to disconnect yourself

-Note- This will Only Disconnect them temporarily, they can automatically re-connect a minute or so later.

loading my site

Ftp Account Management

Hi

I am hoping you wont mind helping me out, I have 5 pages ready to go into a file for uploading.

This site I built through trellian.Com. And their support has been rubbish.

My domain is ready which I paid for through fasthosts and their DNS is pointing to 1&1.Com who I have paid for webspace.

Finally I can access my webspace but I am not sure how to upload my pages to a file for uploading,

Also I am not sure the links are working, I did follow thier guidelines.

Would you mind telling me how to sort this

Xxx thankyou

-question by dana

---------------------

Finally I can access my webspace but I am not sure how to upload my pages to a file for uploading,

> You have to use ONLINE FILE MANAGER

> OR FTP Software to upload Files.

> You should upload files in "www" folder

> on the hosting server.

-Shree (https://xisto.com/)