xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Cpanel E-mail Management Part 1 of My 7 Part Tutorial

This Tutorial will be divided into 7 different parts, and this is the first part, when i get the other parts together, i will post the links under here :lol: Enjoy.
Part 2: Useful Site Management Tools
Part 3: Useful Site Management Tools2.1
Part 4: Analysis/Log Files
Part 5: Advanced Tools
Part 6: PreInstalled Scripts, Extras, and Cpanel Options
Part 7: Fantastico

Detailed Cpanel Tutorial Part 1: E-mail Management

Posted Image

In this tutorial I will, in detail explain all of the features of the current cpanel version of Xisto.com hosting going from the top of the screen to the bottom.. I have completely written this up myself.

E-mail Management
Posted Image - Add or Remove E-Mail Accounts
With this feature you can create e-mail accounts for staff members, or just for members you feel deserve it. You can also delete those accounts, set a space limit for them. Check their mail if you know their password, change their password. With the Aging tool, you can set how many days to keep the e-mails in their in-box before the system deletes them. When your hosting is created, you will have a default e-mail account made which will be CPANEL-USERNAME@yoursite.com With Xisto you are limited to 99 e-mail accounts.

Posted Image - Read Webmail
With this feature, when you click on the icon it will take you to the Default E-mail inbox account for your hosting. Generally, the default one is just CPANELUSERNAME@yoursite.com so it will take you to that one.

Posted Image - Set Default E-mail Account
With this feature, you can edit the default e-mail account for your hosting.

Posted Image - Auto Responders
With this feature, if you are going on vacation for a week or two, and don't want the people who e-mail you to not receive e-mails back for a week, then use this feature and set-up a message that will be sent to anyone that sends you an e-mail telling you the message that you typed when setting it up.

Posted Image - E-mail Filtering
With this feature, you can enter SPAM e-mails that you have gotten from people into a big box, then enter it into the system, and apparently it will permanently block all of the e-mails you receive from that person.

Posted Image - Aliases / Forwarding
With this feature, you can set-up an e-mail forwarder. Basically Whenever someone sends you an e-mail, it will save a copy in your inbox, then it will forward you a copy of that e-mail the the e-mail address that you specify.

Posted Image - Email Domain Forwarders
With this feature, you can forward any e-mails sent to your domain to automatically be sent to a specified domain. So, if you were to want to forward all of your e-mails from harry.com to jackie.com you could do that.

Posted Image - E-mail Address Trace
With this feature, you can look-up the IP Addresses of the MX Servers that this person's e-mail is directed through. I consider this one to be a waste of space.

Posted Image - Mailing Lists
With this feature, you can set-up a script that allows members of your site to input their e-mail address and it would subscribe them to a Mailing List, then through the script, you can e-mail all of these people with maybe site-updates, or questions or anything else.

Posted Image - Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry)
With This Feature, you can change the MX Settings for your websites e-mail, this is a little bit of a complicated things for new people to understand, even i dont fully understand it. So the most i can say is that it is used so people can completely direct their e-mail through a totaly different server, the mail wont even meet with Xisto's server.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)