xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Cpanel Useful Site Management Tools 2.1 Part 3 of My 7 Part Tutorial

This Tutorial will be divided into 7 different parts, and this is the first part, when i get the other parts together, i will post the links under here :lol: Enjoy.
Part 1: E-mail Management
Part 2: Useful Site Management Tools
Part 4: Analysis/Log Files
Part 5: Advanced Tools
Part 6: PreInstalled Scripts, Extras, and Cpanel Options
Part 7: Fantastico

Detailed Cpanel Tutorial Part 2.1: Useful Site Management Tools

Posted Image

In this tutorial I will, in detail explain all of the features of the current cpanel version of Xisto.com hosting going from the top of the screen to the bottom.. I have completely written this up myself.

Useful Site Management Tools
Posted Image - Parked Domains
With this feature, you can Park Domains so they point towards your site. but the DNS Settings for your site must be set to Xisto's Name Servers which are ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com. You are able to add and delete from this feature.

Posted Image - Addon Domains
With this feature, you can add a domain name that point to a sub-directory in your account. For instance, you may want http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to point to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ then this is the tool to use.

Posted Image - Manage Redirects
With this feature, you are able to re-direct someone from a folder in your site, to another site, or your site but a different directory. So if you changed the directory for your forums from forums to forum you can use this tool to re-direct people who go to /forums to /forum.

Posted Image - MySQL Database
With this feature you can, edit, add, and delete MySQL Databases. MySQL Databases are used to store an abundance of information. Most forum software usually uses MySQL Databases and requires that you create a database and a user, then assign the user to the database, and this is the place to do all of that.

Posted Image - phpMyAdmin
With this feature, you can manage the content that is stored in MySQL Databases. This feature is more for the people who are more skilled with it, because if not used correctly, it can do allot of damage to things that use MySQL Databases.

Posted Image - PostgreSQL Database
With this feature, you can basically do the same things that you can do with MySQL Databases, but i think it is better to use MySQL Databases for all of the programs that need to use MySQL. Because i am also not to sure what the difference is between the two.

Posted Image - phpPgAdmin
I think with this feature, it helps you manage the PostgreSQL Databases, just like PHPMyAdmin is for MYSQL Databases.

Posted Image - Backup
With this feature, you can download back-ups for your sites MySQL Databases, as well as all of the files that are in your site.

Posted Image - IP Deny Manager
With this your feature you can Deny people from coming to your site. If you have someone that spammed up your forums and you are tired of them, you can get the IP address from the forums, and add it to this list and they will never be able to view your site again.

Posted Image - Leech Project
Leech Protect allows you to prevent your users from giving out or publicly posting their password for a restricted area of your site. This feature will redirect (and suspend if selected) accounts which have been compromised to a url of your choice.

Posted Image - Image manager
This feature will allow you to manage images, and re-size them into thumbnails if you want to, or convert image formats, or do many things with the image manager that you might now be able to do normally.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)