xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
master_bacarra

System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

maybe the cable connecting dvd rom is destroyed orthere maybe jumper setting problemorIf you are having a problem with a CD-ROM drive, use it to try to read a CD-ROM (in other words, display its contents or run a program from it), and then use it to try to play an audio CD.If you are having a problem with a DVD-ROM drive, use it to try to read a CD-ROM, play an audio CD, and play a digital video disc (DVD).Some hardware devices use a Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) connection to communicate with your computer.This type of hardware is less common than IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) hardware. If you do not know whether you are using a SCSI device or not, you are probably not using one. Check your documentation to be sure.With a SCSI connection, you can connect multiple devices to a single adapter in your computer. The SCSI devices are linked together, forming a "chain." Up to 16 SCSI devices, including the SCSI adapter, can be connected to your computer.If the device that you are having a problem with uses a SCSI connection, the problem might lie in the SCSI adapter, the chain of SCSI devices, or a conflict with another device on the chain.

cd rom missingSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

Replying to mbacarra

I have done this a couple of times, this is how I fixed it, beleive me it work  support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/ Just click on the fix it yourself, if you want you can fix it yourself or fix it automatically, my opinion is if you are not a computer person I would not fix it yourself, fix it automatically. I have done it both ways and each worked, same fix either way.Good Luck,

-reply by Tracy

Missing CD ROMSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

Big thanks to Tracy for referring to Microsoft Help and Support.  I just had the same problem with my CD drive and my first instinct was to bring my laptop to the shop, but I didn't have the time.  "Fix it for me" did the job (since I'm not a computer person) and I couldn't be happier.  Thanks again.

-reply by ross

I installed a dvd writer in my Gateway E-2000 and the pc did not recognize it while in the upright position but it will if I lay the pc down. Is there a solution to this? The computer is designed to sit up or lay down so I don't understand why it would make a difference. The writer is a Dual 8X DVDRW1108IM.

Thank You!

-question by Shannon Nelson

ok so what I am tryin 2 say is that my computer does not detect cd's when I put them in...But when I go 2... Start/run/my computer/dvd slash cd-rw drive...I open it and files are there detected...I want it 2 detect as soon as I put a cd in please HELP 

-reply by george

Mines almost the same...System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

Well I have a Gateway laptop (an M1628 or something... Pretty new, Windows Vista SP1), and the drive isnt showing up at all. When I go to 'my computer' and device manager it doesnt read the dvdcd rom drive.But it does read "disk drive", also in bios it reads the drive, and the light doesnt show up on the dvdcd rom drive either... I got the laptop back from gateway when I replaced it, and they sent it to me, and the drive didnt work, I called them right away, but gateway accused me of doing something to it, although I did not, I'm pretty sure it was under warranty (maybe it wasnt), but they said to fix it, that it would cost, I forget the price... So I decided to just hang up on them, so I wondered if any of you could help me, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

-reply by Fahim AnwarKeywords: cdrom drive not recognizing in device manager

Fahim AnwarSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom DriveReplying to iGuestFahim I had a similar issue with gateway but they told me my warranty had ran out after the second time I contacted them. Now gateway will not respond to my emails.The first time I contacted gateway I talked with a supposed IT engineer and his response was that he had never heard of this after trying many solutions of his. So as to not be without my computer I went on a mission to find solutions online. I tried removing the upper and lower filters and that worked great until; one of my configuration files was erased from drive C: during a file clean up I had ran. I KNOW I had not moved the file but it was gone I was then stuck without the ability to start Windows at start up. I had to go online and order the disk to reinstall original manufacturer settings because my back up disk would not work. The error message was something like my disk were not for this computer. FUNNY! After reinstalling the disk I received from gateway BIGFIX popped up and said my trial had ended I felt I shouldn't have to pay for software to protect my computer that gateway sponsored. I uninsulated big fix and my DVD/CD drive no longer worked I don not know if coincidental but the actions to my computer in my opinion speak volumes.-reply by Dennis

How much did it cost?  I had the same problem with my laptop and it was fixed by the tech support guy before my warranty period was over so it was free, however now that the warranty is over, I'm having the same problem again.  I was told then that when Microsoft updates, sometimes it does that.

My System didnSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

Please help me? My pc doesn't detect my dvd drive. It can open or close but when I went to the device manager an apostrophe is in their meaning it was not installed. But I put several drive on it but its still like that!(having apostrophe)? now, I cannot reformat my computer. How can I fix it? Please help me? 

-question by CracksGealon

xbox 360 CD ROM not reading games only moviesSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

I need help my CD ROM cannot read games only movies. This all started when my old CD ROM was broken so I ordered a new one and yes, its the same kind as my old one then I put it in my xbox 360 tried it out and now I cant read my games only movies and videos.

can anyone help?

Email: lakotanava@gmail.Com.

Thanks 

-reply by koty

I have the same problem my pc/laptop was unable to detect my dvd drive both at system bios and explorer, there's no drive letter found, I tried updating the bios driver, it work for awhile but after a few seconds my drive is no longer detectable, I have a Acer 4736Z laptop running on window 7. This happened after I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit support. Now I can not reformat my laptop, please help, I would greatly appreciate it.

You may have to take the drive aut and get its Model number. Do a little research and find a newest firmware. You will need to flash the drive with a new firmware. It may or may not require you to use a flash drive or a floppy. I ran to a few of these issues with drives disappearing, sometimes but not always the firmware version on the drive needs to up to date.

I've re installed windows and the drives temporarily worked, if it is to hard to find a new firmware it might be easier to but a new drive. Firmware can be found on the manufactures website such as Samsung, Toshiba Seagate etc. It can also be available on your computers manufacture's website such as HP, Toshiba, Dell etc, when searching for your laptop model drivers.

If you are running Vista it may be hard to find updates that are compatible so also check to see if they are available in XP.

Hope you find a solution!

Luby

read dvd with window 7System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

I have solve the same problem with you guys... Dvdcombo is already read the window seven OS...

what did I do:

1. Change the jumper pin to slave

2. Move the ide/ata cable to secondary slot

3. End

hope it helps

-reply by Gcchu

BIOS cannot detect SATA harddrive and SATA DVD burner romSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

I have a huge problem with my computer I need help but specs first

motherboard:P5KPL-AM Processor:Intel Q8200 bios ver.500 up something

one time my baby cousin played my comp then he shut it down then when my mother turned it on first it will say set: boot up device .. Something then after a while it worked then .. there was a blackout after a while elec came then tested it! after Windows 7 shuted down then.. BIOS cannot dtect hardrive... No DVD-rom no CD-rom USB device keyboard and mouse I worn out myself trying to solve this please help me...

Guys, I had this problem with desktop under Windows Vista and now the same stuff happens with Win7. From my experience the problem IS NOT with the hardware, there is conflict between some of software (presumably, with some of Adobe products) and DVR/CD-RAM driver. Driver is present, where it should be, but the software somehow prevents the access to it. What I did previous time,  I installed one by one the programs and checked, if the DVD RAM is still there. So, the suggestion is  1) reinstall Windows (after making backup, of course); 2) make restoration point; 3)install first program,4) restart computer; 5) Check, if  you can see and use the DVD RAM drive. If it does work, move further with the next program. If it does not, return to the last restoration point. Remember, that the system remembers only last restoration point, all previous ones are deleted!

-reply by swimmer