xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
master_bacarra

System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

Disc driveSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

I have the same issue witht he disc drive not registering any discs what so ever.However it opens and closes normally. I am not a computer whizz and really don't understand all this lingo...Can some one please explain what I can try in laymens terms. The disc drive it literally opening and taking discs as normal but then nothing happens when I clse it and it is not showing on my computer.

Please help! :o(

System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom DriveSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

My laptop has the same problem, doesn't find the CD drive.  My question is this, I was doing some stuff on backing up files on a jump drive.  Now when I look at one of my jump drive it says D: drive CD/DVD.  Is it possible to move your CD drive to a jump drive?  If I double click on it, it tells me to insert disc, but it I insert a disc in the actual drive, it won't find it.  I am so frustrated.  I took it to have it repaired and they told me it was the motherboard, they told me it got wet. I know it's not that, I know it has something to do with the jump drive.  Hopefully someone can help.  Thanks

-reply by Pattie

CD/DVD not Detected????System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

Some One Please Help!

I have Sony Vaio Model:VGN:BV660P. Laptop works fine except CD?DVD drive is not detected. I removed the drive cleaned the connecter. Still no luck. When I insert the CD in the drive light turns on, CD rotates normally, but the drive is not detected.

Thanks A Lot

Why doesnSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

I can't gt my cd/rom to work.  I've factory restored my system thinking this would work. Can anyone hlp me please 

-question by Jeanette

DVD Drive works well in safe mode but not in normal windowSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

hi there

I am michael daniel, india, my external hard drive was working fine first, but 3 days ago, it stopped working in normal window, but it worked very well in safe mode. It detect, play, copy, write etc. Very smoothly and speedy.  I have window 7 installed. please reply ASAP.

-reply by Michael Daniel

Thank-You, Thank-You to the first person to tell me how to fix a goddamned Registry issue!!!System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

This advice was concise, specific and above all correct. Only found a lowerfilter entry but after deleting it in regedit I got my DVD/CDROM back! You rule. 

-reply by Greg Ham

hey i need your help badly my lenovo laptop CD/DVD driver is not working properly,i was just trying to format my laptop but the DVD was not detected and i was not able to format is there any problem with my DVD driver but it was detecting the other CDs but could not copy any data to the CD.do i have to purchase a new DVD writer?or any of the other software would help? plzzzzz help me rply as soon as possible...:(

hey i need your help badly my lenovo laptop CD/DVD driver is not working properly,i was just trying to format my laptop but the DVD was not detected and i was not able to format is there any problem with my DVD driver but it was detecting the other CDs but could not copy any data to the CD.do i have to purchase a new DVD writer?or any of the other software would help? plzzzzz help me rply as soon as possible...:(

If it can read regular cds and cannot read dvds... there is a problem with ur dvd drive it may need to be replaced.....

Get a external dvd rw... It will be a cheaper option than replacing ur current laptop dvd drive...

i have worst problem. the light on my dvd rom is off and it is disappeared on My computer. haw ca i solve this laptop problem.

i have worst problem. the light on my dvd rom is off and it is disappeared on My computer. haw ca i solve this laptop problem.

Windows not "seeing" the cd drive is documented in the Microsoft knowledge base. It is a registry problem. There is a "fix" tool on the Microsoft site that will run automatically. Go to ther "support" knowledge base, select " advanced search, then type in "windows does not see cd".

The article # is 314060 or you can use the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060