xisto Community
getmorehelp

Get 30 Gb Email For Free let us talk about , email system for huge data

Personally, I can't really see myself using 30 GB for mail - it's just too overwhelmingly big. If I frequently received large files then maybe that would be a place where I'd store them. Interesting web mail service...but I'll stick with Gmail.

30 Gigs.. Sounds fun.. I would stay with gmail at the moment, though. . They are coming up with a plethora of free services and they all come with a single account. Recently, i saw an ad by rediff. Rediffmal has started offering unlimited mailspace . So, your email inbox size is not restricted to any size . I think that would put a full stop to other email storage space claims. Let us see how the cyber space aapplication developers go on and exploit these offers.Already there are applications like Gmail drive which helps you to exploit the gmail space and store your files online. So , with rediff offering these services, i guess we could have more options with online file storage.Though there are offers like this rediff one available, i would stick onto gmail. Think of the gtalk and gmail integration. It is the most useful thing you could possibly get .. Whenever i access my gmail inbox, i can simultaneously chat with my contacts. There is no need to download the gtalk instant messenger. And gmail for mobile makes life even better.Mailbox size is just one of the many advantages going with gmail i guess. If i remember correctly, it was gmail that started the GB storage scheme. Yahoo used to give 4 MB storage. But once Gmail was introduced, yahoo too, started increasing to 6mb, 25 mb, 250 mb, and now 1 gb,. So it was GMail that started it, and it is still introducing many other features to go along with your gmail. Search history, orkut, and many other services from the google labs has really made google what it is today. So, as far as email is concerned , at the moment, it is google i suppose.

I personally use gmail, and will most likely stick with gmail. 30gigs sounds nice, but it really is overkill for most people. I could understand if you were a person who receives a lot of attachments in your email [for work, most likely] and needed the space, but as it stands I have 3100 emails in my gmail account, and that only adds up to 55mb [1%]. So if you want to use all 30gigs, you'd have to be getting a LOT of BIG files in the mail, or using it for storage somehow.BUT if you don't have an email address already, or you're looking for a new one, it couldn't hurt. I just won't be using it because I'm ridiculously used to typing @gmail, and @30gigs is weird because it has numbers.Whatever, I'm picky.

I'm using Gmail and i'm never gonna use anything else again. It's two GB and growing. It's easy and it has good search. Every spam goes not to the inbox and everything about it is great :lol:.

oh that's really great for attachments and emergency cases like when i usually forgot my portable drive to store data. I hope it has higher quota on sending a single mail. but.. hey, why it redirects to Gigblog site not to the email provider as stated here?

wow 30 gigs! Give us the space for free hosting! :lol:30 gigs is good for storing files, but is it user-friendly to store your files to this service? I use gmail and it has Gspace which is very convenient for uploading files for storage.

it seems anybody who would come upon this thread by this time will be met with disappointment by raising their expectations too high, as the originally posted URL for the service has turned itself into a technology blog since december 2007... (nazcar has pointed it out earlier).

in short, no more of the promise for a 30GB email for free. :) it's an old thread anyway, and it has since "evolved" (or "devolved", depending on how you look at it.)

let's just keep this open for alternatives which may exist out there, and which other members (and guests) can find useful in lieu of 30gigs... :lol:

Yeah, Ive been using this for a little while some time ago.I do like the space, but as prashrb said, they dont have any filter/virus protection.Too bad they dont have it, like hotmail/msn, gmail, yahoo etc etc..I hope they will have it, so more people would use this service ;)

I have 3 email accounts. Yahoo, GMail, and Hotmail. I love GMail best. And all of them never really reach 3% of inbox capacity. So what for 30 GB? Do you send backup files via email? LOL