xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Cocaine Energy Drink

If you all haven't heard, there's a new energy drink on the market called Cocaine. It's been all over the news recently because of it's high levels of caffeine (I think it was 285 milligrams per can, which is like 3 times as much as Monster and Red Bull.) And since that rapidly increases heart rate, there's concern that it may cause numerous heart attacks. More off-topic though, 711 just told its franchises to take it off the shelves because they thought the name Cocaine was objectable, and since this stuff is only sold in 6 states, it's all over eBay as expected. Anybody had this stuff yet?

dang

Interesting. I've never had an energy drink. Just never really bothered. I used to drink Surge, well that was good LOL.

Some of my friends drink Rockstar and Monster all the time. I will have to try one soon. Since I am not a morning person and I have to get up at 5:30. Sooner or later somebody will probably sue over a problem with it.

wow

They don't have cocaine in coke anymore, it was back in the god ol' days when no-one really cared! Nowadays (and rightly so) they'd get shut down for putting crack into drinks!

I would not suggest drinking energy drinks before any exams. Caffiene is NOT good for you, no-matter how much people say it is. It's a quick burst of energy that will leave you burned out and tired a couple hours later.

Actually research has found that small amount of caffeine every day is good for you. BUT it is *small* amounts - as in not more than four normal size/strength (no expresso!) coffees per day.

Although everything else you and Albus said I have to whole heartedly agree with.

I was watching a program the other day in which a chick pretty much lived off energy drinks, downing about 40 per week and eating very little (caffeine can supress your appetite). She was trying to lose weight and get healthy on this tv program but they couldn't let her exercise at first because even jogging for a couple of minutes increased her heart rate to being 10bpm away from a heart attack! Her resting heart rate was that of a person doing vigorous exercise!

I can't even remember the last time I had fizzy drink let alone an energy drink. They are bad news - stay away from all that sort of crap!

They don't have cocaine in coke anymore, it was back in the god ol' days when no-one really cared! Nowadays (and rightly so) they'd get shut down for putting crack into drinks!

That is indeed what it was.Funny enough, although cocaine is a narcotic, used in small doses it becomes a stimulant.
All those years ago, someone wanted to make an energy boosting drink (medicinal) and tried to achieve that by mixing very small amounts of cocaine with caffeine and then turning it into liquid, hoping the drink would have the desired effect.
It did, however, not work out the way he had wanted it to and he gave up, leaving the formula to his drink behind in the process.
There it was picked up by someone who actually used it and became a billionaire with it, you guessed it, the inventor of Coca Cola.

Although there is no longer any cocaine in Coke, I think it still has a hint of a sort of medicine taste.

But, you can check this out, this is the true story about how it all started.

If you really need these energy drinks that bad,it's reallyjust a sign that you aren't sleeping right and/oreating properly. Yes,it's true Coca Cola contained cocaine in an era when Sigmund Fruedwas a coke addict.Cocaine is for losers anyway. If you really need these energy drinks you could just takecaffiene tablets anyway.It would help save your bladderbut not your nrevous system.

If you really need these energy drinks that bad,it's reallyjust a sign that you aren't sleeping right and/or
eating properly.
Yes,it's true Coca Cola contained cocaine in an era when Sigmund Frued
was a coke addict.Cocaine is for losers anyway.
If you really need these energy drinks you could just take
caffiene tablets anyway.It would help save your bladder
but not your nrevous system.

very true networker, it was. Also I am a firm believer that these so called energy drinks should be outlawed. you see so many young kids drinking there rebulls. They are adictive, due to the high amounts of caffiene and god knows what in them. alot of states now have banned the sale of such drinks to people under 18yrs of age. but back to the topic at hand. I remember reading something of this cocaine energy drink. seeing how long ago this was started I doubt and hope it is no longer on the market.

I just wanted to say that people need to not be so worried about banning this product, Cocaine energy drink. I say if a state has banned it, then they need to ban the drink Coke. Not only is it another name for cocaine, but the drink started out with cocaine in the drink.  The energy drink has never had the drugs in it.  Most people are smart enough to know that the energy drink does not have the drug in it. So I say let them name their drink and sale it how ever they want.