xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MIGUE2k7

Cannot Watch Videos On Youtube How can i fix that?

Hey, I formatted my Hard disk, so I reinstalled Internet Explorer 7 and the installed Flash 8, with its Flash player of course, and i went to Youtube and everything was fine.

But today, I wanted to watch something there and whenever i try to watch a video it tells me this:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player.

So i went to the site where it tells me to go and install the latest version of flash player, but i still cant see anything, even restarting IE or my PC, and gives me the same message. I also tried disabling and re-enabling the Flash player addon on IE7 but still cant see videos, but only in that site because on others like on iFilm and Dailymotion, everything is fine.

Anyone know what can be causing this problem? thanks.

Reason being is that their is a way to hack a wewbsite through coding through flash 8 if you remeber my post awhile back about myspace getting hack it's the same thing you need to have the current flash software which is 9. That should solve your problem.

Well but is supossed that the only thing needed is the Flash player, not the full software, and i already installed the latest Flash player, and it still not works :)

I am SO sorry, man! Well, part of your problem is that you're using the new IE 7. If you can roll it back to 6, I would STRONGLY advise you do so. 7 is proving to be RIFE with bugs and you're likely looking at one of them. I always wait at least 6 months before I upgrade a Microsoft product because their QA stinks to high heavens. Once you roll back, de-install and re-install your player. OH! Also...have you tried out a free FLV, SWF player? BTW...the latest and greatest Macromedia is here and it's version 9.

Have you tried another browser as well? Firefox might prove much more useful to you...AND there are some VERY useful plugins that would allow you to easily store your favorite videos locally so you're not relying on a stream all the time.

All of this is probably academic however. Anyone see today that YouTube just yanked 30,000 Comedy Central clips due to "copyright violations"? We're talking about a network that BRAGS about its YouTube presence...that LOVES IT! Seems their big, fat corporate owner disagreed however and sent a cease and desist order to GOOGLE. Didn't we all see this coming? Anyway...that should be a new topic...yes? If I could only create a new topic....

:lol:

Google has really ruined YouTube already. It yanked over 500,000 videos due to copyright infringement. About 10% was actually just Music Videos. Which is pretty lame, if I do say so myself.

About your problem - you really just need Flash 9. Macromedia Flash Player 10 also. OR it could be that you actually have your javascript option turned off. I think IE7 has that options.

I just cant figure out my problem. I can watch the embedded videos on Forums or Blogs, but cant watch them directly on Youtube, so that would mean my Flash Player is ok with the videos on there.I have my JavaScript turned on, i even downloaded the latest version, so i dont know what can it be.Anyway thanks for the suggestions about the Flash player 9, i will try that.

thats sorta what i was saying there^^^ but meh.

Oh sorry. I actually replied before you actually posted it, so I guess you must've posted it right before me.

Same problem here brother. I don't really know what the cause of it but it's starting to piss me off. I just don't get it. Though, I did the same thing you did. I formatted my hard disk as well but I did not re-install anything. Anyway, after doing that, I went on youtube, it was all good. Now (today), I went to youtube and I could not watch a single video because the same message kept popping up, stating: 'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.'And so I did, and I also rebooted my pc, since it suggested that I should. But when I turned my PC back on, I went back to youtube, dude, the **** still did not work. It's like crazy man. But now I'm thinking that maybe it's just youtube and it'll work later in time.-GregoryJoeMama

i think your browser in not macromedia flash player enabled you can download macromedia flash player for free and then try it out.................hope so it will work all the best