xisto Community
H R

How To Say Merry X'mas In ? Language for the Xmas card exchange 04

In cantonese it's 'xen dan ji fai luo'

Also my friend said in indonesian it's 'selamat natal kodok'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe oh yeh !! I know how to speak it lmao...I spear cantonese an all...

In Japanese Katakana it would be:メリークリスマス(meri-kurisumasu)Christmas is around the corner. Merry Christmas to all members of Xisto!Just to clarify:圣(shen) 诞(dan) 节(jie) 快(kuai) 乐(le) 圣诞节 = Christmas快乐 = Happy(merry in this case)Therefore, 圣诞节快乐 literally translates to 'Christmas Happy' or what we know as 'Merry Christmas'.-Shackman

I'm sure if I said any of these to my friends they wouldn't know what in the world I am saying. Sounds rather funny. I think I will walk up to some people and say "xen dan ji fai luo" or "Zalig kerstfeest!" and see how they react. To me, "Merry Christmas" is much easier to say.

Hello! It's the new girl here. I am learning Welsh so here are a few Welsh phrases that might be of some use. Cyfarchion y Tymor -- means, season's greetings.Gyda phob dymuniad da am Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda -- means with best wishes for Christmas and the new yearNadolig Llawen -- ChristmasIt might look like gobbeldiegook, but honestly, that is all correct.Pob luck! (good luck!)

Ohh.. this is a perfect class room - many people around the world come here and exchange something. i got some knowledge that school never give me. TT_TTOK!! for my country, Thailand. People say : " Suksan Wan Christmas lae Sawadee Pee Mai "

OK, I saw someone already wrote it in serbian, but I'll do it again, with our letters :rolleyes:

Happy New Year -> Srećna Nova Godina

Merry Christmas -> Srećan Bo?ić

Happy Holidays -> Srećni praznici

Srećna/Srećan/Srećni -> Happy Merry, and all other similar "happy" words :)

Nova Godina is new year ( Nova - New, Godina - Year )

Christmas is Bo?ić

and holidays are praznici...

Now, there is no easy way to tell you how to pronounce that, so... Let's just say that ć is something like T and J mixed together, and ? something like Z and H :)

You'll just have to do with writing it only :D

In Lithuanian it would be:Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - Linksmų Kalėdų ir Laimingų Naujųjų metųIn Latvian it would be:Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - Priecīgus Ziemassvētkus un laimīgu Jauno gadu:(

Merry ChristmasIn Simplified Chinese = seng dan kai lurkIn Cantonese = sin dang fine louHappy new yearIn Simplified Chinese = shin nin kai lurkIn Cantonese = sen nin fine lou

I know some languages in which I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas.?1. In Hindi it is “Christmas ki bahut bahut badhaiyan”क्रिस्तमस की बहुत बहुत बधाइयां।?2. In Malayalam it is “Christmas Ashamsakal”A merry Christmas to all my dear friends of Xisto on this Christmas eve today.?

In my language it would be "Merry Christmas my lunatic Neighbors, has anyone been shot this morning?". :P I don't like where i live. :P

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)