xisto Community
Plenoptic

Why Rain Ruins The Weekend.

Well as it turns out, I learned that it isn't just a coincidence that it always seems to rain on the weekend. People may think it does just to ruin our weekend plans but it actually has to do with what we do during the week. It does in fact rain more on weekends than weekdays and it's actually partly our fault. As you probably know rain builds up into clouds and finally falls once it condenses enough to fall. Well during the week as we drive we send pollutants and dust into the air. This also condenses into the rain drops making them heavier so by the end of the week it's ready to fall. After it rains a new work week starts and the process occurs all over again.

So is it raining pollulants in a way? I don't see how the pollutants could mix into the water and make it more condense. We still do drive a lot on the weekends, so it still is a little random. Interesting stuff though.

The pollutants caused by automobiles and other vehicles are particles suspended in the air around which the moisture condenses and then when they collect enough moisture due to the temperature changes, etc, they fall to earth as raindrops. The particles may be 'acidic', thus the expression "Acid Rain", which is a major problem in Industrial areas and becoming more wide spread all the time.This short version of the process could be researched in the Wikipedia probably, for those who are more interested in the damage that Industrial activities can cause.

There is also the use of water consumption outside considering the water gets swallowed up by air and forms the clouds outside, or as some may say.But rain in general, I dont mind it after a long period of fine and/or cloudy weather (But definitely don't like acid or polluted rain, but we dont get those down here)

Definitly, the rain ruins the weakens, because most of the activities are outdoor and and wake up with a bad day i just depresing.Somtimes is good i do some things indoor but it doent compare.Some good obtion is go to the cyber cafe, play with friend to the age of empires but i prefer to have a good day out door

Something I've known for quite some time, I think about it everytime I see a car.

And the Ph level of this "acid rain" is only 6, which is only slightly acidic, so it won't exactly burn you. Although any limestone statues are doomed lol, over time the acidic rain will wear away stone, it gives a very cool gothic effect on stone gargoyles though! :)

Edit: Did I mention that I live in England? It can be ridiculously hot when it is, but when it rains.... oh how it rains!!!!!

Edited by keri-j (see edit history)

While that is actually quite interesting, I find it hard to believe. How can pollutons find their eay alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way up into the clouds? Pollutons are aireborne, but they have no actual force to push them up. Especially clouds above the ozone layer: Wouldn't the ozone layer block it from going up?