xisto Community
tractor

Ice Cream Injected into Cookies

Well I have already seen (and eaten) Ice Cream in cookies. In fact it wasn't in a cookie, but in a doughnut. Not in a american style doughnut, but in a full doughnut, it's hard to explain... in a larger american style doughnut but without the hole in the middle (here is a picture). Anyway ... they have a special way of baking it since the ice cream in the middle does not melt... maybe they just bake it very fast, I really don't know.
But last time I ate one I had the very smart idea of going for a swim just after finishing it... Let's just say that when you're parents tell you not to go swimming after you eat, trust them and don't do it.

Nice topic to start off... I jumped into the topic on seeing the words cookie,ice cream etc... I should say your idea is a very delicious one.. But it is already implemented, i should say.. One ice cream company in our region prepares such baked cookies with ice cream between it . And the good news is that it is a very popular and fast moving item from that company... So maybem you could start improving yourself as a chef and give a thought on pursuing catering for your career... You seem to have brains of a Good Chef..

Your talking about an icecream sandwitch.
This is a cookie with ice cream not inbetween 2 cookies.
So please remember this is for like icecream in a cookie.

pull the cookies out of the oven and dont let them cool down, but immediately start pumping ice cream into them like a madman and then stick them all in the freezer!
that should do the trick...

oh and about muffins and yogurt....eww!

Well.
It would be hard because the cookie might just flop down.
But it might work.
I also don't wan't to ecplode the cookie.

It's the same sort of princple as a cream puff, isn't it? With a cookie instead of a pastry. Youd have to have a cookie that was somewhat fluffy on the inside and with the small size, as velocityprofiles suggests, you'd have to inject them while they were hot. You'd have to use sort of softserve homemade ice cream. But, yeah, if it was possible to do I would definetly eat that. Regular ice cream sandwiches are onew of my favorite "cheating foods" in the world.

Sorry but i don't know what a cream puff is. :\

If you were going to do the syringe idea you would have to get a big needle. Maybe a baster would work better. You would ahve to make sure that nothign would clog up the thign that you are suing so no chucks of chocolate. Also, I think it would be better to melt the icecream or have it soft and thta it would go into the cookie fast and you could get more in their.

Big needle might eat the cookie and what fun is that?

Anyone suggested keeping the cookie dough fairly cooked although still slightly undercooked? if you used a dough without egg you could do it, then inject the ice cream, freeze them.... and then you got one kickass treat.this got me thinking, what about a an ice cream filled dohnut : O. that'd be tasty yet disturbingly gross cause of the batter! LOL.

Edited by hyper_monkey20 (see edit history)

I think that the cookie icecream sandwich is already a great idea.. and why go thru all thr trouble to inject a cookie with ice cream.. the only other ea you could do it is if you made a cookie thick enough to where it can alsmost be hollowed out then just kit it open.. a bit stuff it with ice cream then dip the entire thing in like chocolate then re-freeze it.. that might be a better way to go.

"Anyone suggested keeping the cookie dough fairly cooked although still slightly undercooked? if you used a dough without egg you could do it, then inject the ice cream, freeze them.... and then you got one kickass treat.this got me thinking, what about a an ice cream filled dohnut : O. that'd be tasty yet disturbingly gross cause of the batter! LOL."Well... I think that is brilent. A cookie doughish yummy cookie thing.

Today i ate a donut with ice cream in it (it was like a little bar, and inside was ice cream), and after eatting it, I think your idea is kind of gross.I didn't like it at all, I just dont think i personally would like cookie covering all of the ice cream.I think the ice cream cookies and sandwhiches work perfectly fine.

well, it would be difficult to inject ice cream inside a cookie, unless the cookie has a cake-like texture to it (after all, there are variations of cookies), since there's a lot of space where you can inject the cream to it.or you could go around about it. try baking the cookie on a mold that would shape the cookie so there's a space to put the icecream later.

well, it would be difficult to inject ice cream inside a cookie, unless the cookie has a cake-like texture to it (after all, there are variations of cookies), since there's a lot of space where you can inject the cream to it.
or you could go around about it. try baking the cookie on a mold that would shape the cookie so there's a space to put the icecream later.

Well now were saying its a mini ice cream cake. Those are good to but what would we fill in. How would it have a cookie density?

hmm, I don't like Icecream so i won't give it a try.(since when i started to dislike icecream, and why do i hate it? :) )Maybe someday I'll try cookie with yogurt or something, mmm!think of that!