xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir400

Irrelevant Adsense Ads On Your Site

What is the consequence of having not relevant ad displaying on your site’s pages? Example, your site is about contact lens being targeted for those who are looking for information about contact lens, eyes health, or lasik surgery, but adsense displays ad about computer games or software downloads.
Most website, their visitors are coming from the search engine. If they want to look for information about lasik surgery, they will insert lasik surgery into the search box and begin searching. And, your web site is on the list of the top ten results (great SEO huh!). They click on the link to go to you web site.

Okay, they got what they want (your site is about contact lens, also lasik surgery), but the info is not enough. There are adsense ads displayed but they are irrelevant to their interest. So, they just go away from your site to continue their research.

I bet, if the ads were relevant, they would click them!

So what you do to get rid the irrelevant ads on your site? The easiest method is by using the adsense filter. You may found the adsense filter in your adsense account. Just insert the unwanted ads into the filter list.

The other way is by using “section targeting” method. “Section targeting” lets a publisher specify which sections of the content on a page that they would like Adsense to focus on for ad targeting purposes. To implement section targeting, you’ll need to add a set of special HTML comment tags to your code. These tags will mark the beginning and end of whichever section(s) you’d like to emphasize or de-emphasize for ad targeting.

The HTML tags to emphasize a page section take the following format:

< !-- google_ad_section_start -->

< !-- google_ad_section_end -->

You can also designate sections you’d like to have ignored by adding a (weight=ignore) to the starting tag:

< !-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->

(Please note: between < and ! should have no space)

Another method to make the adsense ads relevant to your page is by using HTML header tags H1, H2, H3. Yes, H1, H2, H3 tags will make your font oversize and funny. To solve this problem, use CSS. Eg:

H1, H2, H3 {
font-size: 9pt;
font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
text-decoration: none
padding: 0 0 0 0px;
margin: 0 0 0 0px
}

source:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yup with the help of adsense people can find there way to relative places pretty quickly. Although people will leave the site either way if they if it is not enough... either they'll hit the back button or <- snipped -> The ad though does give you a few cents which I think is what the author was trying to get at. Adsense does seem to be a very useful tool and if I can ever create a decent site I intend to use it.}}

when I open my off line documents with google ads, the ads is irrelevant, google recommend my website is about antivirus, but the ads is about cosmetic:)

I found it takes a couple days for the approiate ads to resolve themselves. I have a couple sites about Blender 3D, the OSS rendering and 3d Animation package) and I get ads all the time for kitchen-aid blenders. But then most of the time, it's ads for Respower, rendering engines, and other 3D technologies, which are all relevant. Also since my site has to do with Xgrid, I get a lot of apple ads, which actuall pay the most dividens it seams as nearly 80% of the folks to my site are Mac users.

Well the way I see this that some times really irrelevant ads can pay you a lit per click as far as the ads that are targetted to your content of your site. But as far as the thumb rule goes, for better earning It is always better to filter out the MFA ads and the Irrelevant ads as the user on the site can get really confused

I've written an article on how to weed out such MFA sites as well as low CPC (Cost Per Click) sites to increase your earnings over the same CTR (Click-Through-Rate).

Take a look at it and let me know if it helped you in any way...

Here's the article: AdSense: Blocking out unwanted and miserable CPC sites to improve your earnings with same CTR

I tried the header line H1, H2, H3 etc trick but it's not working so far.But here is what I did: instead of 1, 2 and 3 I used H4 as my header line tag. Will this trick work with h4? And to text even further, instead of <p>long paragraph</p> I basically did <h4>long paragraph</h4>. Will this work adversely?

I can so relate XDWhen I first began, I was appalled to discover that an advert in my "About Me" page showed a couple of unsightly images promising a cure for eczema. I didn't even have the word eczema anywhere in my HTML code! I remember being so outraged I blurted out, "Where's the sense in AdSense?!?"However, it does seem to sort itself out sooner or later :P

Thats the worst, sometimes when browsing on someone's sites i go and see that the site as irrelevant ads mostly all the time the ads are from google ad-sense, so why would there be irrelevant ads, I just don't understand that. First off the thing nag that that does it it makes your site seem less as goo as a site that has more relevant ads because it seems you did not care to take the necessary steps to get the relevant ads on your site which never really makes sense to me. Also u if i see a site that has irrelevant ads i know that they are not as professional who those who have a site who have relevant ads so its a loose loose situ-ratio. Also if you have a site about computer help and the people who visit your site need help for computers nobody will <- snipped -> if they-said something about cheese, but if they said something more about computer help then maybe more apple would click on them gibing you more money!}

Irrelevant advertisements on a website is the worst thing. Thank you very much for posting this, as Irrelevant advertisements are just pointless and the chances of someone clicking on it and you getting money is less. I will try this a bit later and get back to you on it.

<h1> tag and other headline tags leaves you with break in the line.

So I searched for how to use CSS to trick the headline tags not to give an automatic break line and this is what I found:

H1, H2, H3 {font-size: 9pt;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-decoration: none;padding: 0 0 0 0px;margin: 0 0 0 0px;display: inline;}

display: inline; fixed the trick originally posted CSS from the first topic.

According to this article, be careful of using too many h1 tags or using only h1 or other tags repeatedly.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You have to insert the   after the <h1> tag to insert the space.

This can be used to style any H tag 1-6.

Do not use all <h1> tags as your site might appear spammy to the search engines. Use the tags the way they were intended, as headings for the various sections and sub-sections of your page.

The actual page code of this example is slightly modified, so the example style tags do not overwrite the site's existing style rules.

While this code will validate at the W3C, it might be considered, by some, as a bad design pratice, since it does not follow the true representation of the various sections.

Thank you for the help man. I have the same problem with some of my sites where Google displays whatever they want because my site is related with downloads and communities but Google displays ads about construction and Pc games and politics and of course nobody click in the ads. I had used the adsense filter and some of the practices that you expose in this topic but I have the same results and adsense displays whatever less the target ads related with downloads and communities that I suppose that have to have some ads to display in my site. I don?t know what can I do because I was to send an e-mail to google adsense but a friend told me that is dangerous because if you start to reclaim they can easily block your account and how you know the adsense account can only be one, and with the danger of lose my account I think that I have no choice and only be suffering the consequences of using the adsense mark in my site with the ads of another public target.Thank you for your help and please if you know some another practices to help me with my problem I will be very thankful with you.Bye.