xisto Community
Cool_Freaker

Harry Potter Is The Source Of All Evil.

Not in the world, but in the series. Here is my synopsis:Oh yeah, it's kinda spoiler intensive, so if you have not yet read the books, you might not want to continue reading.Hmm, wonder if this board has spoiler tags?

Hidden
Book 1. Killed a teacher at the the school he attended.Arguments against: He was preventing the capture of the stone, and He was a dark wizard anyway.Arguments for: If Harry did not persue the stone in the first place, it would not have needed prevent the capture!Even if the enemy you are killing is evil, they should be held alive for questioning.Book 4: Killed Cedric.Arguments against: Harry did not kill Cedric, Voldemort killed Cedric.Arguments for: Harry insisted Cedric on touching the cup with him, which led to Cedrics ultimate death. If Harry had taken the cup himself, Cedric, though losing the game, would have preserved his life.Book 5: Killed his own godfather, Sirius Black, through ignoring superiors.Arguments against: Harry did not know that Sirius Black was not in danger.Arguments for: Dumbledore himself requested Occulmency lessons for Harry for his own benefit. First he refuses what the headmaster asks, then goes on to endanger the life of fellow students.
Notice from truefusion:
Fixed spoiler tag.

Nah, I think Harry Potter is just a normal wizard with nothing special about him. Only that he survived that curse because his MOM (not himself) protected him. This makes him very arrogant and feel special. It's this that makes him do stupid things because he thinks that he is invincible and above everyone else.

the spoiler tags are new tags and they are i believe

[hide=yourname1][/hide]

now onto my post:

Book1:
Harry may have wanted to get the stone, but as dumbledore said at the end of the book he said that someone who wanted to get the stone but not use it could get it and only them. So, essentally, he did not want to use it, he just wanted to get it to keep it out of the hands of voldemort, and make it more difficult for voldemort to come back even though he did in the end. but he will be dead soon (me hopes)

Book 4:
Harry did not know that the Cup was a portkey, he was just being a kind guy and basicly repaying cedric for all of the help that he has helped him with in the tasks, even though they basicly evenend out telling eachother how to figure out what the neddxt task was, or just straight up telling the other person. I am sure if he had known he would have had dumbledore touch the cup at the same time as harry instead of cedric, thay way dumbledore could have kept wormtail from bringing back voldemort! evil batard. hehe

Book5:
Yeah, there i can agree, he disobeyed a dirrect order and went to the ministry of magic anyways, and then sirius came to save him and fell behinf the veil, i myself believe that there is some way in the magical world to bring sirius back but then again, it is just a story and it can be changed any way... if you know what i mean.
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Meh, all the cool characters are dying off...
On a completely unrelated note, you live about 3 miles from me.

i know, seriously she had better not kill harry off.. i will scream! although bad endings are awsome too.

I agree with kkrizka! Harry Potter is just someone saved by his mother and that made him something special. I think that the whole thing about harry is not sufficient to make him such a special wizard. I read the books so that someone will not say that i haven't read all of the books. How he is made special, that bothers me - the writer told us yeah harry potter is something special. It was not in a way that we felt like he is something more. This is not OK imo and that makes harry not special in comparison to other "heroes" in other books...As for the source of all evil, that is a very stupid sentence! He is by faaaaaar not that important to be the source of all evil. He is not a source of any evil acctually. People made him evil..he by himself is without any influence at all!

I disagree with the thought that Harry is the source of all evil. But I do agree with Albus Dumbledore, here. I want that last book!I've heard some people say the the whole thing would be a waste of time if Harry ended up dying in the end. But that's not true. He might have to die, he might not. Whatever happens is going to make sense and it's not going to take away from how great these books and the lessons in them are. It's all going to come together and hopefully we all won't feel gypped (sp?) in the end. :) I would like to see Sirius come back somehow. Forget Lily and James. haha.

I don't think Harry Potter is evil, but there are a lot of killings, and they all have something to do with him. If he hadn't lived when Voldemort tried to kill him, then we wouldn't be reading about it, and that would be no fun.But a lot of the bad things that happen are Harry's fault, in a way.I'd also like to see Sirius back. And I wish J.K. Rowling hadn't killed off so many people.

:) I'm not that big of a Harry Potter fan, but the first two movies were very very good, I don't know about the books though, don't get much time for reading anymore lmao

The books are 100 times better than the movies. Especially these last two movies. They are leaving out more and more stuff from the books as the series goes on. I guess that is because the books are getting twice as long every time. haha. If you like the movies, though, you will like the books. They are well worth taking a few minutes a day to read.

I wouldn't say the root of all evil. He's a fallible TEENAGER for god's sake. Who's going to expect him (and yes, I can do a little bashing of my own generation) to have complete control over his life? You've got to remember, this is sort of an alternate universe from ours. Guns don't kill people; magic does, and magic is everywhere. It's a war, essentially, and people die in wars. So no - he's not evil - he's never killed anyone for the sake of killing them, nor has he done it in self defense. Can you recall a single moment where HE was the one who cast the spell? No, it was someone else every time. That's what Rowling wants to point out. Just because someone watches while another person trips and falls down 70 flights of stairs doesn't mean they did it. If you still believe that, read the books again and recall that Harry doesn't have a superior control over his mind or his magic. When he charges out somewhere, people follow him of their own volition. He may be stupid for doing that, but he's not responsible for what happens next.

Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)

It's true that Harry has been somewhat at fault for most of the misfortunate events in the series, though we have to all remember, he's only human, and more so, just a kid. In every one of our lives things will happen and when it's time for someone to point the finger, the person who's most at fault (even if there was no way to know what would happen,) could very well be yourself. It's the same for Harry, he just does what he thinks he should and in most cases there is absolutely no way for him to tell that it's the wrong thing to do.The only thing that sets us apart from him is that his um, "world" is a lot more fragile than ours, so if you do something wrong the consequences could be enormous and possibly life-threatening. As you can see for yourself, in every book we learn of something new and potentially dangerous. The "wizarding world" is full of unknown threats that Harry is just as unaware of as the reader himself. There's no way he could predict that the cup would be a port key, or that Creature was lying. I'm not saying I really like Harry, since I do find myself very annoyed when he selfishly takes out his anger on those who try to help him, and his mope-around, feel sorry for himself phases make me want to close the stupid book, but I don't hate him either. A character without flaws would be boring, and I'm sure J.K. Rowling knows that. Besides, without those many screw ups the books wouldn't be anything but, "scar hurts, went to class, scar hurts again, went to bed, scar hurts, whined about it to those who would listen," and so on. No one would read it =P