xisto Community
arnz

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Eat? regularly or occasionally.

Well, as you mentioned Weetabix - I was young and I had weetabix for the first time with milk (all unheated).It was sick. I thought cabbage and spinage was pretty weird. Vegetables are strange :)

Sorry for the late reply.. i have forgotten about this postNoop, I have been to queensland and Brisbane but i ate the big chunky emu and crocodile meat pizza in Sydney on 1/1/2006. I can remember what was the pub name, believe it or not it is in the tour guild book that I had borrowed from the library at that time.I think that pub is call international hotel, it is situated right at the bottom of the Sydney Harbour Bridge (left hand side), is a very small pub, we were sitting outside the pub looking at the sydney harbour bridge.I think is only about 5 minutes walk from the reception area for climbing up the Sydney Harbour Bridge. So something for you to check out if u travel to Sydney... hmm.. to be honest... i dont think you will miss a thing though, I like to eat and try new thing but that emu and crocodile meat pizza ... sorry mate.. not again...!!

Hmm, the weirdest thing I eat was (and still kinda is) this: Chips, on top of that if tomato ketchup and on top of that is custard..... Just dip them. It's lovely! Or so I think. I also eat small sticky toffee puddings with crumbled up biscuits, although that isn't that weird.....

By the way.... I hate fish!!!. (I lurve wheatabix though)...

Edited by keri-j (see edit history)

i luv seafood. so i like me some fish man loz.well how about this. take a bowl and take 6 eggs and boil them then cut them all up and put into the bowl and but meyo, ketchup, and salt. ohh and the other one i ate is i took platains and i boiled them then i pealed them and i smashed them up by added the water it was boiled in and butter then when its nice and smushy add meyo and ketchup. my god that is the best thing on the planet

For example, you may eat weet-bix in the arvo with frozen strawberries or so forth, to you it's just normal, but to other people they may inform you that they think that dish is weird. So being inspired from the "dream dish" thread, what is your weirdest dish that you eat (either regularly or occasionally)?
For me, I'd have to say noodles, with egg, garlic strips and chicken strips.. and also on occasions I am tempted to put spaghetti or pasta inbetween garlic bread layers (or toast) and eating it that way.

Aww i eat a CREAM pizza once iT WAS NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::wacko:

wow looks like some people eat some really weird stuff here.i dont really like trying new food because it might be nasty :rolleyes: something very weird i eat was this chocolate alternative called carab (i think). and it tastes nothing like chocolate. eugh disgusting :)

I ate a cockroach, well actually half of one when i was younger...well water roaches...which isn't something i actually remember, and believe me i would do it today, concidering i have a huge phobia of them. I also ate ants once, they were in my cereal, they are spicy its disgusting.Other than that what i eat on purpose and regurely isn't really that gross, or weird.

People think it's weird that I like to have bacon on my Subway tuna subs. :) AND I love to have TONS of mayo on ALL of my subs. :rolleyes: Well, I shouldn't say TONS but it has to have enough that I can taste it - and it's best, to me, when it's coming out the ends of the sub as I'm eating it. :oOne time I actually ordered a pizza sub, and requested mayo on it... I got the WEIRDEST look, but it was SSSOOOO good!What else... well, I don't know if it's WEIRD, but I have to have sandwiches, bagels, etc loaded with the toppings. Like if I make a bagel with cream cheese, I want it loaded up with the cream cheese... can't STAND not tasting the cream cheese. It's like, if I want a tuna sandwich, why should I just put a tiny bit on? I want the tuna - LOAD ME UP! :) :) :D:huh: Sometimes I will take vanilla ice cream and put melted peanut butter on top of it. REALLY good! :o That's all I can think of right now... :rolleyes:

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

heh i cant say everyone thinks this is weird, its kind of a family tradition, but most people think its odd.it all started at my uncles house, me and my cousin and him were all 'under the influence' if you will, and had a strange cravingspaghetti on bread (NOT TOAST!) with peanut butter (crunchy is preffered)the combination is absolutely amazing! even when in a sober mind i like to eat this, although it nearly made my fiance vomit when she tried it!

i've eaten pig and chicken intestines. they boil it in a broth with spices, not only to flavor and soften them, but also to kill the bacteria and remove the contents. then the intestines are sliced (usually in pig intestines) like rings and are placed in barbeque sticks, which will be grilled just like barbeque. some other variations use other body parts of the chicken (head, feet, neck, *bottom*, and other innards) and pig (ear, skin, hardened blood by cooking the blood)there's a dish here in our country called dinuguan (it translates to "stewed blood"), where the pig's blood (i've never heard people use chicken or cow's blood for the ingredients) is mixed with vinegar and constantly mixed using both hands to prevent the blood from curdling, or in medical terms, clotting. then it is cooked with vegetables and pork. there's a technique in cooking it properly.and lastly, we also have balut, which i think some of you would be familiar of. it's a duck egg, but they allow the chick inside to develop for some time and then they cook the egg. i don't eat the chick though, only the yolk.

Edited by mbacarra (see edit history)

I just noticed the other day that down here they still sell lamb brains.. but while some may say that chicken liver is yuck... I dont find it that bad.. as long as its with something.

Nothing to weird. I had cow tongue before, but the weirdest thing i actually enjoy is DUCK. I LOVE DUCK! It's so tender and nice. Yummm

oh yeah, speaking of cow tongue, we also have a dish here in our country that uses cow's tongue as ingredient. while it probably isn't a native dish (because of its name), it's still a dish that most of the locals eat. i do find it disgusting. it's called lengua (read as leng-wa, with a hard g as in "stronger").