xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyUchiha

Points Deducted No reason

I just logged in today to see that my points just went down 10 right when I was about to apply for free webhosting. I think that was very rude and unfair as all of my posts have been on the subjects and they were all quality posts. :)

well, your points were deducted because of this post

http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=41694=

when you origionally posted that you had no quote tags, and someone found out that you copied it from another site and reported it to a mod, and the mod added in the quote tags basicly making that post woth 0 points since it was all copied from a nother site.... it doesn't pay to plagerize

I would like to direct your attention to this topic and your post which I made a note on.
The post was reported by an observant member and found to be copied. I inserted bbcode quote tags and the credit script reduced credits based on the number of credits this posting originally received.
Spam, cut and paste, copying, and plagarism are not tolerated on the Xisto Forum.
Please read the Xisto readme file for detailed information. Link is in my signature.

It wouldn't Matter danny. It wasn't origanely written on Xisto, therefore no matter were it's copied from, even if you wrote it on your own website first, you still need to add

tags.

Honestly, if it were me, a warning would have been served. But haslip is a lot nicer then I am :].

that's really stupid that I got points deducted just because I posted my story. the story was copied by my friend when I moved to my new site and I just pasted it here so everone would know what my game is about and like Dann said I am MikeyUchiha why else would my name be the same one here? I legally have a right to copy my own written material so can I please get my points back.

It's not about what is legal and what is not. It's about the desire of the forum admin wanting orginal content in his forum. There are a few very good reasons for this.

It means you have to work for your hosting credits, and not be awarded them for just copying and pasting.

It stops complaints from other people about our members copying their work. How are the moderators to truly know that the work was originally written by the person that posted it? Having the same forum name is no proof.

It stops other forums from complaining about our members stealing content from their forum.

Quite simply, to earn credits for anything posted here it must not have appeared ANYWHERE before.

That's still dumb I should be able to copy my own story without any worry from some idiot that's whining about it having appeared. News flash it wouldn't be on there if I hadn't written it initially. I should be able to put my own story again without points getting deducted. Whoever did the complaining is a little bit** especially if they're whining about my own story that is on my own website. :)

Whoever did the complaining is a little bit** especially if they're whining about my own story that is on my own website.

You have assumed that someone reported your post. Not neccesarily true. We often check for plagarised posts and are quite successful in find them.As Kubi pointed out above, it is more usual that a Warning be issued and the post deleted or moved to Spam, which deducts more credits than you earned. Instead, I gave you the break of 'quoting' the post. You are better off this way, credits-wise, and you do not have a Warning to thwart your Hosting Application.
To avoid losing more credits, please refer to the Xisto Readme (help) file for all the information you need to become successfully Hosted.

Stop your damn complaining and move on already. The decision was made, deal with it. Point is any duplicate material has to be in quotes, period. If you don't like it, then that's your beef. But thats the rule here and has been forever. And apparently you haven't read the TOS thoroughly enough, seems as if you need to take a nice little in depth peek at them. My advice is to print them out and use it as bathroom reading to enhance your reading pleasure!Hope this thread gets shut down so you don't regain the 10 credits you lost by arguing about this.

One thing you should keep in mind, particually if you want hosting here. A little quote from the "Xisto Readme".

Administrators and Moderators Words Are Final!

TOPIC CLOSED