xisto Community
greeze_believe

What Is Your Definition Of Music ok something a little different

ok i see alot of posts. and alot of different views on what this is. so i would like to clear up how i feel music is: and would liek to hear what other people think it is.i think that music is a collections of sounds or speech put together in a rhymtic way. therefore not actually classing specific types of music as most other people do. i would liek to hear what other people think music is??

The definition of music, like the definition of all art, is unique to the individual.I agree, music requires rhythm, but then again, what is the definition of rhythm?Tune definitely helps, but what of tonedeaf people that can't interpret that? Or the specific use of atonal for emphasis?Music, at its loosest, is audio art. Whether you like it or not, of course, is up to you.Me, I like just about anything that's not heavy metal, heavy rap, or heavy country. ^-^

i like to think of music as a good bead made by instruments, that have some funky lyrics to go with it. basicly, i do not care for somthing that has no beat, or bass. i want music that has a good beat, that i can turn up loud and its not somthing like rap (eck!!!) that hurts my ears when i hear it... because rap doesn't have a beat, it has some idiot doing poetry in a gangster like way :) anyways,i basicly think it is somthing with a good beat, im a rocker and most rock has excelent beats to it unlike rap.

Humans are the only animals which respond to sound and refer to certain sequences of sound as music. Music can just be defined to: A certain sequence of sounds which provoke excitement and or happiness inside a persons mind.

Music is basically a string of sound waves that your brain percieves as a catchy tune. Think vibrations of frequency and all that stuff, and you'll get the idea.

definition from dictionary.comI win :)

you loose!

the topic is about what YOUR definition of music is, not what dictionary.com's definition of music is.

music is pretty much anything that produces noise such as idk a drinking fountain , watever, it just depends on who is listening to it, and what they find interewsting about it, music can be anything, not just the stuff that they regurgitate on mtv, they had so much of that stuff they had to make a whole new channel for the other stuff lolonce again, im notorious for my spelling errors, since i am a quick typer, and by no means a perfectionist so give me a break :)

Different people have different variations of what music actually be so I thought I would just give my definition. Music is a String of musical notes put together which can be accompanied by sound and can be used to portray out feelings of emotion.

Well, my defenition of music includes anything that's called a song (even if I don't like it - go figure), as well as recordings of buses (I told that to a kid in my bunk in camp, and he wasn't shocked or anything; again go figure). It's also anything that listening too will melt away stress.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

music is a form of language that is universally used to communicate. For example, i'm not japanese, but i could listen to some japanese music and generate a feeling that mostly everyone would feel when listening to the song.For that reason, i do not think rap should be considered as music because all it has is beats. You can't really translate those beats into feelings. Therefore, i think rap should be catagorize into its own catagory.

I define music as any sound which is pleasing to the ears. If it's hard rock or even classical, If you find it pleasing then its music you're listening to. Remember that everything is relative to the observer so if you like something it does't mean the other person will to :)

Many have their own definitions of music, so I bring out my definition.. which is some songs may bring out a meaning, and there are some songs (particular from various genres) which I dont get, one genre which i dont mind listening to is rap, but there are some artists that just seem to talk fast for the hell of it without bringing out a meaning.Of course, music genres do obviously bring out a meaning, an obvious example love songs are obvious examples.. esp rock songs which may seem to try to bring out a point, or well known singers/bands which sing songs to express their views to a major situation (ie the Dixy chicks and their well known opposing to the Iraq invasion).