xisto Community
AnGeL KiSS

Skinny Wrists

Yes, I do have the same exact problem. o.OFirst of all, at top you said that some guys are ok if they have skinny wrist, cause it would make the arms looks bigger, but no, you are wrong, skinny wrists are as notorious in men as in women.

I am trying to increase my wrists size as well, cause them are so thin. But as you, that is the only part of my body that looks thin, (well, my stomach is so thin too, but not as my wrists.. relatively...)

The wrists volume cant be increased by lifting weights or doing any other kind of exercise, the only solution for it is eat and eat and eat more... and im gonna do that. Well, im a man and its ok for me i get fatter, but if you dont want to mess up with your other body parts by eating so much (for example your waist), you must do condition exercise, examples, running, swimming, sports like football or basketball. In this way, you will be burning all the grease you got by eating, (but only the grease on your torso, generally, if your wrists get bigger, them wont losse volume after if doing that kind of condition exercises).

Wish you luck with this, and im gonna do that same, so if you got better results on your problem tell me how you did it :lol:

Umm... Im not sure of eating and eating and eating is going to solve that problem. Then you would just be creating another problem for yourself. But ya i dont see anything wrong with it, its not like it is gonna be the end of the world if people know that you have skinny wrists. But ya you should look into it and see what it is all about.

I also feel like my wrists are skinny, but when I started going to the gym my whole arm grew and my wrists werent skinny as they used to. Iremember them being really really skinny, specially when I was in seventh grade also.

Why not try wristbands for your wrists? Especially if your forearms are normal, a nice set of wristbands or broad close-fitting bracelets should easily disguise it.

Physically, there isn't much that you can do about it - some earlier posters here mentioned this. The wrist contains almost no muscle at all - if you see a person with thick wrists, that person either has 1) thick wrists genetically, or 2) has a layer of fat covering his/her body (including the wrists) that makes the wrists look thicker.

My advice? - don't ruin your overall figure by overeating - once you put on fat in the wrong places, it's extremely difficult to get it off, so please be careful. Fat cells (especially in the stomach area) tend to produce substances that prevent them from being eliminated, which is why many people have trouble getting the weight off these areas.

The best idea I can give you is.. work on the rest of your figure - exercise well. Become so damn sexy, overall (excuse the language, hehe) that no one in their right mind looks at (or comments) on your wrists - their eyes should be.. elsewhere, shall we say :lol:

I know body-builders (I train people at fitness and the martial arts) who have skinny wrists. No one passes comments, because the rest of their bodies are so perfect that the wrist somehow doesn't matter.

Anyway, this is just my take on things.. don't focus on the negative - work on building the positive so much that ultimately the negative ceases to matter at all. And the comments you get then will be compliments (except for a few people who are just plain jealous, hehehehehe ^_^ )

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

I'd say don't worry about it. Many, many people have skinny wrists - and 5'4 and 90 pounds is pretty skinny. I'd just say try not to be too self-conscious, because there's not a whole lot you can do. You can work out, and try to gain muscle, but wrists are generally proportional to the rest of the body, so you'd have to gain weight to increase the size of your wrists.

My skinny wrists became a problem in 7th grade, (I'm a 9th grader now) and it isn't a good thing; it might be alright to some guys having skinny wrists so it would make their forearm and arm look bigger if they're a body builder, but I'm not a bodybuilder. My forearm, upperarm, shoulders, stomach, legs, and chest are normal. It's just my wrists. It's skinny enough to make me look anorexic. A few people in 7th grade noticed my wrists and called me anorexic but no where else looked "anorexic type". I didnt have this problem til 7th grade, 5th and 6th I had the normal sized wrists (I think). And somehow now my wrists shrinked or something. This is a problem because when I wear short sleeves to school, (now that I'm in high school, if people notice my skinny wrists; I'll be the "anorexic girl" and that would be a living hell to go through.) I've been trying to wear long sleeves and accessories to cover up my wrists. The past few days have been hot (still going on last few weeks of summer) so I have to pull up my sleeves every once in a while or I'll get sick (by sweating and then really cold in the early morning the next day). I'm 5'4 and weigh 90 lbs, that's about average says the doctor. My wrists around are about 4-5 in if I measured correctly. I don't get why my wrists are so small, my legs are normal too. Sometimes I can't even fit into some jeans, I wear a 16 jeans size and yet I have small wrists. -__- When I look thru some old pictures, like one from 5thgrade... wrists, upperarm and forearm were a little bigger. It's like a lost meat in my arms or something. It's weird though, I have curves and stuff... I just don't understand. I been eating more just for my arms to get a little bigger, it doesn't seem as if it is.... when I raise my arm and face my wrist toward the front of me, my wrist size looks bigger. If I stretch my arm my wrists looks normal and it's so strange. I feel so uncormfortable when I'm in school in short sleeves showing my skinny **bottom** wrists. I've lifting weights and gained a bit muscle in my upperarm. I'm continuing daily but my wrist remains the same.

I've googled around and read that wrists are genetics and can't get any bigger. And I'm not the only one with skinny wrists, I've read the only solution would probably be to do wrist curls and forearm builds. My forearm is normal, I don't need it any bigger. If you take a look at me i don't look anorexic nor am I anorexic.

Posted Image

When I stretch my arm that is how my wrist looks....and my dog was sleeping in the background; didn't want to be evil enough to push her away so I can take a picture and I couldn't walk somewhere else to take it since its taken by a webcam.

Anyone else have this problem?

You are currently dealing with people who are at one of the most mentaly immature stages of life. If you are not anorexic, there is absolutly nothing to worry about. My theorie is that you should be proud of your body, no matter what some little twit said.

I have skinny wirsts and arms.. well i am all skinny i am 5'7 and 109 pounds. I am a girl and i use to hate myself. people would make fun of me and call me anna.. i never knew what they meant by it but i recently found out that they were making it a nickname pertaining to anerexia.. i use to cry wondering why god would give me such an awful body. In the 8th grade guy use to tell me that my legs were as big as a regular girls arms. so i stopped wearing skirts and short AND capris nothing above my ankle. i hated it. finally i met a girl just like me who wore whatever she wanted despite her fragile looking body. she told me not to care and just do your thing. so now i dress how i WANT to not how i feel i should to hide things. Now i get compliments on my "model" like body.. and thats because i eat like a pig. just try not to think about what other people portray you as just think of how you feel. love your body for the way it is instead of trying to fix it for how you think others would like it. I am lucky to have found my boyfriend and he loves my bony knees and my bony elbows.

I used to have the same problem, but since i started work everything has started getting bigger (oi! dirty minded people haha).It really is just down to how much you excersise your wrists....im pretty sure using a mouse all day doesnt count tho :lol:

Get out an actual tape measure and measure the circumference of your wrists. There is no way that they are 5 inches as stated in your first post. That's the size of a toilet paper roll.

If people don't like you because the way your wrists look, there is nothing wrong with you there is something wrong with them. I have small wrists and have no problem with it. There is no way that I will eat and eat just so my wrists look not as thin. I have no fat on my stomach, proud of it, and don't want to mess that up either. When you gain weight you can plus one thing but loose lots of other things. Just appriciate what you have and dont listen to those other people that are probably just jelous of how you look.

Ok id like anyone with this same problem to add me.. whoever said that its not possible to have the circumferences of a toilet paper roll to ur wrists, is wrong I'm 15 years old I'm 5'10 weigh about 120 pounds and I'm a boy.. my wrists are probably the same size as the girl who started this post, with my legs I can lift over 600 pounds with my arms I can throw my 50 pound baby brother in the air with ease, its not the fact of feeling weak, its that you feel that all day everyday everyone is looking at you with there hatefull beedy little eyes-james gowers

lol yeah i agree to most people here, cmon i got skinny wrist, its normal .. no biggie.. people that judge you probably got nothing better to do, you know the only way to make yourself forget about it is to be happy and comfortable with your body.. You are born with it nothing will change that.. love your body for what it is :P Lifes too short to worry about what others think or even skinny wrist lol..

Eurgh. My wrists are tiny as well. You can see every damn bone and vein from my elbow to my fingertips on both arms. The rest of my body is fat fat fat [well, not really... But in comparison!]. I'm 5'3 and weigh about 119 lbs. I've never been able to store and fat in my wrists or hands = /-reply by Sarah