xisto Community
AnGeL KiSS

Skinny Wrists

sweet princess you are right.i have the same proble as everyone for my 5year old nephew can put two fingers around my wrists. the part of my body that stores fat is my legs probabbly. haha my arms are rather lean for my age and it is annoying. i also can see the bone in my arm. i heard of a fracture that occurs after a person passes away. its cause my faulty punches .so lets say you punch things a lot but your hand is rather dangling than firm. this most rationally occurs on people with skinny wrists.there is a name for this but i forget.alas,i am not useful to this topic.;(

I have the same problem aswell...

I'm a sophomore. All my measurements except for the wrist is normal... 

its a problem because I cant wear most of the watches, and also I look weaker.

I cant see the photo but I guess u are the same as me.

-reply by matt

Skinny WristsSkinny Wrists

I have always had skinny wrists and now I am 42 and they never grew. I think that I should have taken HGH when I was younger and growing. Anyway it never gets better and your life is going to **** until at least 42, I can tell you that. If you get fatter, it helps your wrists, but then you are fatter everywhere else, which is terrible. I am going to jump.

I am a SKINNY girl.  I mean, I am almost supermodel skinny, but my ribs don't stick out.  Being tall with really long legs(my body is out of perportion); I have really big wrists.  They're boney ,and I can see the muscles and tendons, but they are wider than most females my age, although they are much smaller then mens. I don't know why they are, but I've lost weight in the past few months, and they've gotten a little smaller.  I guess that I really don't care.  The good thing is that when I do a handstand, my muscles can hold me up better. If you want to know my BMI, it's 18.3, and I'm 5'9.5".  My friends call me the fifty-pounder.

-reply by 50 pound girl

Hello all,

I think that it has something to do with the size of your palm/hand, it has to be proportionate to the base of your whole hand/palm. I think that the size of the wrist can be slightly buffed up as there is muscle in every part of your body just that it has less in that area. Just keep eating and working that part of the body I guess.

just my 2 cents.

Wrist size=genetics + the amount of work you've done in your life.Human body is able to enlarge its bones with some stress, but it takesYears to increase its size by an inch or two...And of course it also dependsOn your ability to produce growth hormone.If you look on some people who were diggers for their whole life they willMost likely have hands like shovels and wrists like your ankles.:)-reply by flowerlover

If it makes anyone feel better here, than I didn't even notice wrists in people...And looking at mines now I don't even know if they are considered big, small or medium. My advice is forget about it, not that important, what is important is that it's strong, the size...Who cares...And if they do care ask them why...And see if they can come up with an answer that REALLY makes sense... Not just assumptions like: "make you look weak or anorexic"...Cause you're not...So not true...Any other reasons?... Doubt it ... So don't worry about it...

-reply by Irina

Replying to NigaiAmaiYumeI am a 45 year old man and my wrists are the size of a 7 year old. I am very ashamed of my wrists. Never wear short sleeve. It is very hard NOT to worry about it because people keep reminding you. Some ask if you are sick. The political correctness people excercise for other physical imperfections doesn't work for skinniness. If you are skinny you are fair game and people laugh and make fun of you, One time I was considering fat injection into my wrists but didn't go through with it

No worriesSkinny Wrists

Wow talk about crappy advice from everyone who posted. NO ONE really cares about your wrists - trust me when I say all the other parts matter so much more to them. Get on a good bodybuilding program with just a half-dozen basic exercises and workout twice per week as more often will simply be detrimental to your progress. Become the best you can be and your worry over skinny wrists will become a distant memory.

Skinny WristsSkinny Wrists

First of all, let me point out that it is pointless to try and do exercises to make your wrist grow. The wrist is made up of bone and tendons so there isn't much muscle to enlarge. By doing curls, you will make your forearms larger thereby making your wrists seem even smaller. You could gain a lot of bodyfat or have an operation, but I do not suggest that you do this. I think you should just let it be. Don't force yourself to wear long sleeve shirts in summer to hide your wrists. Anyone who calls you anorexic probably isn't worth your attention anyway.

PS Most guys like girls who have smaller features than themselves, so it's okay. As a guy myself I wouldn't let something as trivial as wrist size influence anything. As long as you're friendly, genuine, and trustworthy, any decent person will like you, know matter the wrist size.Hope it makes you feel better about yourself! -reply by Timinator

OK, Everyone. I have a solution for this problem. The problem is bone density. If you have small wrists, it is likely that you have small bones. It may be easier for you to break your bones; so be careful. I have only seriously broken my bones once, but I am a moderately inactive person. Anyway, I have the solution for skinny bones. It has been scientifically proven that high-impact exercise gradually increases bone density. So, in the case of skinny wrists, we all need to be punching something regularly. The impact from using a punching bag (or whatever) will gradually increase the bone density and mass, layer by layer. Take a boxing or martial arts class, or whatever. You want bigger, stronger bones, high-impact is the key. Experts on osteoporosis can attest: jogging, a high-impact exercise builds bone density and is therefore beneficial for those at risk of osteoporosis. We with small wrists should do pushups, then learn to do the kind of pushups where you bounce yourself into the air and land on your palms. Be careful with this, of course. If something cracks or fractures, let it heal [this may take months], then start again.

I was told by a personal trainer that my bones, Wrist bones were small to be begin with so guys with larger wrists have bigger wrist bones. I suppose the entire arm could get more definition by working it out with some of the above ideas. I too play piano, and so I've thought about why risk injuring my arm or wrist by doing extreme workout stuff when really I would rather invest the time developing fine motor skills to improve my paino playing. Although I do lift some weights, do push-ups. It is disconcerting when some people want to make one self-conscious about small, "puny" arms, wrists, but overall I have excellent health, a nice healthy body, what is there really to be ashamed of. It is what it is and even I admire guys with nice arms and meaty wrists and some guys seem to communicate an attitude, "well you should develop this area of your body" and some women have been downright obnoxious in their attitude trying it seems to be to make me feel shame about this part of my body. Sometimes just doing something can alleviate the anxiousness and preoccupation in our minds about a certain condition or matter. So maybe trying some of the above ideas would be valid, but one can not downplay the inner mind belief dynamic of how we come acrossed to people. Our thinking I'm told plays a big part in our "success" in life. It's hard to believe but you hear bald guys, short guys etc. are not "handicapped" in their social dating life, because there are other internal strengths, inner mental beliefs that make them appealing to people.