xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

Credits Mechanism How does it work

I tried searching for this topic but the results were too vast in number to be able to go through, so I hope someone could clear my question. Xisto mention quality over quantity and more credits will be awarded to the amount of quality there is in a post. However how does Xisto define quality in this sense? Do they have a mechanism whereby they analyse each post and then assign credits to the user if he meets the requirement? Someone please enlighten me :)

Quality is based on one thing i example this in quote:

spam and some other spam.

thats a one liner which consist of a couple of words with no real help or contributing to the forum.

spam and some other spam but just look at all this spam. This is crazy spam with lots of other spam that can be useful spam. Eve nthough we hate spam spam is good to eat. All hail spam for spam will do great and by great I mean lead us into a new way of life spam.

now you see thats a bit longer, any posts that at are 3 to 4 sentences long are considered quality posts. Hopefully that helps you out.

But if that were the case, a person can just simply type a long uninformative repeated post and still be considered a quality post? In this case, wouldn't the credits be abused in a sense that he has unlawfully earned these credits?

some people might have gotten away with it in the past with the old credit system. But everyone knows what happens when the cheat the system, they get banned no questions ask. But people have been good about it when they first join up so most members who been here awhile give them the heads up before mods do. Also those who do read the readme provided they get a better idea on what we are looking for.Now when it comes to their requesting admin. sometimes mods look at the general view of that person posts. If they are nice and long and contribute to the topic then they are in it's just that easy. Now if about say half their posts are short and the half are loaded with quality its they are garuntee hosting as well but if more then 75% of the posts are one liners or straight out spam then they get denied and are informed in their request topic to develope the quality of theirs posts. When they get that usually we ask that you post at least 10-15 quality posts and then resubmit. If you have improved on the required posts we ask for then you can get hosting, but then we expect you to have quality posts from then on.If the opposite happens we will say the same thing, by then of course we might put restrictions on your post like moderators have to preview or suspend your posting for awhile. Lucky for us we really havn't done that. But of course most of the time those who just straight out spam we ban that user account. If they decide to do it again then we ip ban them.I do believe this is a post around the forum that actually has the breakdown of group lvl and the points they get per post and the actual point per word.Hopefully this explination helps even more.

a post around the forum that actually has the breakdown of group lvl and the points they get per post and the actual point per word.

Nope, I don't think there is. There have been several attempts to figure it out, but the actual credit script is known only by Opaque and those who assisted in the coding of it.

I tried searching for this topic but the results were too vast in number to be able to go through, so I hope someone could clear my question. Xisto mention quality over quantity and more credits will be awarded to the amount of quality there is in a post. However how does Xisto define quality in this sense? Do they have a mechanism whereby they analyse each post and then assign credits to the user if he meets the requirement?

Someone please enlighten me :)

If I'm not mistaken what you typed from a simple question, and being able to create talk makes that count as a fairly "good" quality post. Anyway I'd count this if it was on my watch. Keep up the nice posting work and you'll have no problems whatsoever. The mods on this forum are very fair and reasonable. They want people who care about what they post (like you obviously :P!) they only want to warn those who blatantly aren't thinking about what they type.

Oh and I'm sure the credit script isn't that foolable by being able to type loads and loads of garbage. or just repeat spam. You probably need a diverse assortment of words in your post.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I like this thread. Excellent discussions pouring out here.Ultimately our vision for this forum is that Xisto becomes a community rather than some forum place. Like everyone who posted here, you know that each of us should really take care and cultivate our forum. This will encourage experiencing "ownership" of this forum. This means, if someone starts to place disruptive posts in our forum each of us will guide and help that member to post in accordance to our forum rules.Going back to the topic, quality can only be defined by you. Obviously Xisto forum rules states general definition of what quality contribution should each post be like. But at the end my definition of "quality" is different from yours. There are two definitions of "quality" when it comes to Xisto, in my opinion.1) The actual contribution - grammar, spelling and structure that offers clear and precise straight-to-the-point of view2) The flow of a thread discussion. Are you creating a topic that many people are participating with so many different point of views? Or, are you creating a topic that hardly anyone replies...but you do it anyway to earn hosting credits?Credit script calculates hosting credits earned. Quality contribution is calculated by those who read it. Thus, the more quality post you supply the more discussion it will attract. This equals more replies to the topic and more hosting credits earn.

I will look into why OpaQue's topic has been broken.

[+] HOSTING CREDIT *DOES* DEPEND ON POST SIZE.The Hosting Credits depend only upon the size and Quality of the post. It does not depend on the number of post you make. All posts are counted except posts like "thank you", "LoL"...

It's listed here in Xisto Readme How Hosting Credit Works

[+] You Take Part at the Forums by making *Good* Posts. (ofcourse, Without spamming... else you will be banned :-) ) For every post you make, you get HOSTING CREDITS*.
HOSTING CREDITS DEPENDS UPON :-
[+] Size of Post
[+] Post Title and Description ( Try to give title and description )
[+] Presentation
[+] The Topic or category where you are posting.*

* Some Forum Categories marked as NO POST COUNT wont give you hosting credits. They are only for your entertainment.

Listed under Pre-Signup FAQ

Everyone shoul at least read EVERY link that was compiled by admins and mods under Xisto Readme. Everyone should refresh with Xisto Readme frequently.