xisto Community
brandon10092

New Ipods Announced Today At The Apple Conference 80GB iPod, pink, silver, blue, and green Nanos in aluminum cases,

Apple released several new additions to the iPod family today at the Apple conference, as expected. Included were several new iPods, and new accessories. Here's the list.

iPod nano

Aluminum case, now in colors

2GB: $149 comes in silver

4GB: $199 comes in silver, green, blue, pink

8GB: $249 comes in black, silver, green, blue, pink

24 hour battery life

40% brighter screen, adjustable.

New software like the regular iPod

New armband, charger, and lanyard

iPod (regular model)

New prices, capacities

60GB model, $249 15,000 songs

80GB model, $349 20,000 songs

60% brighter screen, adjustable

3.5 hours video playback (75% longer than before), 80GB version has 6.5 hours playback

New heaadphones

Gapless playback

Instant text-search for finding songs on your iPod

New games playable on 5G iPod from iTMS for $4.99/ea

Bejeweled

Cubis 2

Mahjongg

Mini golf

Pac Man

Tetris

Texas Holdem

Vortex

Zuma

iPod shuffle

Metal body, the size of the current iPod Radio Remote (1.62" long)

1GB, $79

12-hour battery life

Integrated belt-clip

Ships in October

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish they would make another version of the iPod mini. That's what I have, and I don't want to upgrade, but I guess I'll have to eventually. Anyone else have a mini? I have a silver 6 GB one.

Wow, the shuffle looks really cool. You can clip it anywhere and go listening to music. I wouldnt buy an ipod though, I have a really good cell phone that takes high quality images for web, and reproduces a good amount of music, and works as a phone. All in one gadget. I wonder why they still cant combine something like an Ipod with a cell phone.

The fact that apple is doing some modification to the ipods should not be such a big news. After all, every company makes modifications to its existing product lines. The fact that the ipod has increased hard disk capacity or available in smaller sizes should be taken for granted. That is because you expect a company like apple to provide some new features over time. The ones they announced are very basic ones and by no means expect a big appreciation. Another thing is about itv that they have announced. The product is expected to ship in 2007 and is going to help you watch movies on tv. That too ones downloaded from the itunes site with resolutions of 640 by 480. Thank you very much - but I already watch movies on tv and that too at much better resolutions with DVD players. Apple is not going far with this. By the looks of it , Apple is trying hard to prevent Microsoft from becoming the master of the home digital entertainment arena. Lets hope they do a better job with their future efforts.

It?s the same as ever. It?s notice because it?s apple and it?s ipod and both brands are "cool". Every company that builds portable mp3 devices do the same, minituarization and more and more space on hard disk. The fact is that right now Apple is living off the Ipod thing exclusively and that?s a bit sad.I like ipods but I don?t understand nor share the ipod fever, I prefer something with the same features and much less price although not so "stylish".

I like how they have longer battery life but besides that they arent anything different just a bit cheaper for more storage space. I would just wait til they release the ipod with a touch screen, etc.

Now the ipod shuffle is the smallers mp3 player in the world. It was not a major update for regular iPod. Anyway, here is the more desciptive info i found.iPod: Same design as original 5G enhanced with longer video battery life, brighter display, and new earphones. Comes loaded with new firmware version 1.2 which supports adjustable brightness, search capabilities, Gapless playback, and iPod Games (with iTunes 7). The software update can also be applied to the original 5G iPod. 60GB model replaced with 80GB.iPod nano: Brighter screen. Brushed aluminium case in variety of colours. 24 hour battery life. New earphones, charger, armband, and lanyard.iPod shuffle: Brushed aluminium case, smaller dimensions. 12 hour battery life. Earphones, dock, and built in clip.

I like the iPod nano. iPod shuffle doesn't have a screen, I don't like it at all! :)I like the blue colour of the iPod nano. The other colours are great. My mom has an iPod nano, she got it a month ago. I still don't have one!Upgrading it all the time. That's what technology is all about. Evolution.

Looks to me, that there is no improvement at all besides the storage capacity and size of it. To promote a new product, you need to have some innovation and I hope to see a new design being released or something. It would be much better in that way, I am currently using a Creative MP3 player but it is only 1.5 gb; I would not hesitate to change if there was something which impressed me, and the new Apple Ipod model just doesn't do it for me. It is similar to Ipod Nano, just that it is longer.

Man they sound good :)Pity i just bought a Nano a few months ago.I wonder how many more "integration" things theyll have in it, like the Nike one that counts the distance you ran or something.

thats really quite sad because those do have a few improvments that would have been really nice for the last release, but oh well... anyway i wonder how do you think this will compare to when microsoft releases zune? iPod is a bit more established and looks really cool, but i wounder what microsoft will use to combat that.