xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arbd

Grand Theft Auto Editorial

Dear readers,

GTA (Grand Theft Auto) has to be the most sophisticated game around at the moment. You can get a car, buy houses, get a hair style of your choice, pimp cars, kill people, go on missions, change your clothing, workout, go to restaurants, buy weapons, cheat (uh huh!) and lots more like girlfriends etc. Quite a few people have bought this game and I don't know one person that hasn't heard of it. Ratings are pretty big when it comes to gaming magazines etc, GTA is very popular. Apparently, Rockstar are creating Vice City Stories. So far, I have GTA 3, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. I also have Grand Theft Auto Advance on the GameBoy SP. I don't own it, but I have played the PC version of GTA 3, and personally I don't like the PC version. I reckon that GTA has been made for the PS2. Overall, Grand Theft Auto has come along quite well, updated and more advanced than it use to be, and therefore more popular. It's funny how GTA use to be 2D!

A well deserved 5/5

Please, all you guys post your comments and add to the editorial. 'Cos GTA deserves it!

Matt

Edited by arbd (see edit history)

It probally is the best game series out there in that type of genre. They jut keep getting better and better. Even on the psp it was amazing. I cant wait to see what new features are in the new one. I saw the trailer and it looked awesome. I really liked vice city. It was probally that game that got the people hooked. Then san andreas they added a bunch of thigs and it was amazing.

I agree with that, Vice City will be a good game for PSP. Two years ago, I was more playing Vice City than my own real life. This is a very good game, very interesting, not too hard, and it has more than one end, when I say that, I think this:- First you have to pass missions- Then you have to find hidden packages, and a lot of hiden missionsAnd after you complete the game 100% you can continue, to get more money and to have fun. If the programmers write a PSP release of this game, I will buy it 100%...

Grand Theft Auto games are fun to play and have pretty nice graphics, the biggest problem of Grand Theft Auto is that the games don't have a built in multiplayer system, altrough there are hacked mods for the game like Multi Theft Auto to make it possible, I would still love a GTA with a real multiplayer part where you can also play missions together (Maybe even more like a RPG)

I have to agree the GTA is the best game out there. No other game can come close. Sure there has been some mimics like Tru Crime:Streets of NY, but none have mathced the excitement of GTA. With the launch of the newest GTA, the franchise is soon to get bigger and badder. I also cannot wait for GTA IV to come out nexy year!

Online feature has always been something that the GTA series has been lacking, but it would be such a massive thing to do, with San Andreas that engine is at its peak, and there just wouldn't be the room for a full online play option, I would not want to turn GTA into an RPG, as I hate them, and I don't think it would be fair to turn GTA into one of these. It would also take a lot of time and effort of Rockstar's part to maintain a GTA Online game. Do-able though. IF anyone mentions MMORPG. I will moan, the city sizes will need to be huge, and there would need to be a vast number of servers, at present, Rockstar really couldn't handle that. And.. Well, I cant be bothered to go into the rest of it right here.How about A GTA Sub section?

Edited by Hakkera (see edit history)

Vice city was among the first games that got me hooked onto the pc and made me play them for hours together at a stretch. I loved the look, the feel and the liberty to do anything in Vice city. At times I would just go through the city driving different cars and bikes and checking out new ways to do unique stunts.

That is one of the things I like about it, the freedom to do what you want when you want to. Vice City was possibly one of the best of the series, It did just feel so very authentic.

Gta is good, but with the new scarface game coming out it seems like GTA is soon to get its first real competition in along time. Even with scarface though, GTA is still a good game, just in A Slump in my opinion!

I hate GTA. Really why would anybody like a game that glorifies sex and violence. All this game is doing is hipnotizing the minds of millions of youths out there to think that violence and sex and drugs is okay! It's okay to do drugs and to play with guns. Thats exactly what kids minds a re filling with, thoughts like that one. I know it is just a game, but most people who play GTA are kids and that needs to change.