xisto Community
ProtoMan

Trap17 Forum Should Be Simple Machine And Remove Those Ads

I think Xisto 's forum should be changed to Simple Machines instead of Invision Power Board , Simple Machines is easier to use , simple and quick as well as the quality is better than Invision Power Board too but that is just what I think. And more , Xisto should remove those annoying Advertisements on the forum , why Xisto provided Free Web Host without Ads and Xisto 's Forum don't ? Note that those are just what I think so if you don't agree , please not mad :)

because instead of putting the ads on YOUR site they put them on the forums. that is why the ads are there, and will forever be there unless you want to match the maount of money they make with those ads?invision power board is way more known than SMF is, and it would take way to much to even bother with re-writing the codes that are used for the free webhosting.

Frankly speaking, SMF isnt a very good board and they can never be compared to paid boards like IPB and vBulletin... And please, IPB is a more well known and renown board, they can really attract more members than SMF and usually members goes for paid boards like IPB and vBulletin instead of free boards like SMF or phpBB... And a change of board would require a full load of work including a porting over of databases and a rescript of the credits code... And if one day Xisto would to turn into free boards like SMF permanently, I maybe will leave this place...Ads here are very important as these ads are the only main source that are supporting our free ads-free hosting... And how does the ads here bug you? If you have time you can click those ads and help out Xisto abit and continuing our hosting here...

Ads here are very important as these ads are the only main source that are supporting our free ads-free hosting... And how does the ads here bug you? If you have time you can click those ads and help out Xisto abit and continuing our hosting here...

Xisto's main source for money comes from Xisto - Web Hosting. the Ad's are there for the extra support in money that is needed.

Those ads is what enables us to have free hosting! I haven't complained once because I am not paying for my hosting and it is quality hosting. If you don't want to be hosted here you can simply move. no one is forcing you to stay here. :)

Those ads is what enables us to have free hosting! I haven't complained once because I am not paying for my hosting and it is quality hosting. If you don't want to be hosted here you can simply move. no one is forcing you to stay here. :P

I didn't say anything about those Ads make me mad and didn't say anything about leaving :)
Thank you , I understand about the forums system and those ADs now , I won't complain anymore :P

Well, Invision has been used on these forums for quite some time now. and there is a reason for this. With all that goes on here its the easyiest and most advanced software that I know of for using as a forum board, its also the most expensive but that doesent really matter as long as this software really helps with managing forum posts and users etc, thats why they prefer using these boards.

Thanks to all who replied in this thread but can you tell me what is the defference between a Simple Machines Forum and a Invision Power Board except the layout , Invision Power Board is not free and some small things ? Is it really better than Simple Machines ? Thank you very much.

It's like driving a car with many features verses driving a car that gets you from point A to point B. If all you want to accomplish is to create a forum for discussions SMF will do just fine. But while creating a forum you want to give an "experience" of being a forum member then IPB is the way to go. Xisto turned off this feature because of heavy loading time but IPB can have each forum a customized skin. Skin is the theme for colors, backgrounds, icons etc. So picture each forum section you enter can have different skin--that's the power of IPB. And that's just one aspect of this script.But like I said, all you want to create is a nice forum SMF would be your best choice...especially for free.And try stay within a single topic per post.

I agree with protoman (The topic starter)I have used SMF for a few weeks and it sure is awesome , it is the best forum system ever , even those paid board can't beat it.