xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nani Cheri

How Far Would You Go For A Million?

Hi peopleSo my question is how far would you go for one million, or what would you absolutely not do!?I don't know what my reaction would be if somebody asked me what I would do for a million, but I know I won't do anything humiliating, because I know that money is not worth it. I know I would never...EVER... eat bugs, spiders, do something sexual, murder someone or sell drugs (maybe the last one depends on my situation). And what about you?

Ya well you know the way I see it, is if it will harm me or someone else in anyway I won't do it. I can live without it and although tempting I wouldn't want to risk anything. I would probably do a stunt though if it came down to that, I enjoy taking those kind of risks. I don't know about eating, I don't like many things I eat already so who knows about that. Maybe one of those contests where you have to stay in a car for as long as you can without getting out and if your the last one in you would win. That'd be cool.

lolthis reminds me of conversations from the 9th grade... in PE i had like 4 Bi friends in there, so we would always joke around with --- things that related to their ways.. lolanywho... one of the questions was how far would you go for a million dollars and naturlly i said i dunno as far as i wanted to go for a million dollars sure...i did have more to say on this, but then i changed my mind....

We had loads of discussion about that in our English classes this year. Our teacher had a method of testing how far you'd go. It was something like:

[hr=shade]Pretend a random guy went up to in the street and he had a button in his hand and he said to you: "push this button and I'll give you ?1million but it will badly injure someone in Australia" [--bearing in mind I'm from Britain--] [/hr]

And then she'd say, " but what if it were to badly injure someone in Europe, would you then push the button? " and then she'd keep confining the area so it would badly injure someone in the UK, your hometown, your school/workplace, your family and then you.

[hr=shade]Very nice activity :D I'd only go as as far as the UK.[/hr]

How far would I go? It sure is very tempting but getting that kind of money would certainly have a catch. If I'd be offered that amount I wouldn't give up anything that would imperil my family and my reputation. I could probably clean my room or even our entire house but that's it, I think? :D

My sis often asks me questions like this so I definitely have ready answers :D

If it's a million in the currency of my home country, no.

If it's in dollars, yes. If it's a million yen, no.

If it involves me eating stuff I am assured to be small in size, digestible, non-poisonous and completely non-hazardous to my internal organs, I'd have a go a it. "Safe" stuff include dead insects (preferably fried) and worms. "Unsafe" stuff include pebbles, spiky or thorny objects/organisms, extreme acid and alkali, boulders and sand.

If it involves me parting with certain beloved vital organs that are dispensable, like kidneys, a fraction of my liver, a leg, an eye or an arm, I'd probably not accept anything lower than 5 million. The price may go up, depending on my attachment to the organ in question.

If it involves the lifetime loss of access to the Internet, no.

If it involves the death of someone without directly implicating me (perhaps through magical means), I'd generally say yes.

If it involves an order restricting me from computers, no.

If it involves something sexual, I'd agree only if assured of confidentiality, non-breakage of certain body tissues, non-transmission of diseases and certain other, ethical concerns.

If it involves the destruction of my entire clan, bloodline, hometown, nation, university or just several innocent lives, I'd probably agree only if I could save a handful of 'em as servants/slaves.

I suppose that will do. Now if any of you have any proposition to make, I am very much open to hear you out. :D

lol what a question i think i would do many things for a million that other people wouldnt do but i wouldnt do many things even for a million that other people would doi never would do anything thats hurt my body in a non temporary way but loss of internet acces wouldnt be proplem even for 10 years i thinki also would hurt any people when its a temporary injury i would eat almost everything that isnt dangourus i would even do a tatoo or a piercingif it involves something sexual, I'd agree if its with a female person doesnt matter but a male person i would have to think about it i think i wouldnt do anything with a male personIf it involves the destruction i think would do almost anything when nobody gets hurt

ooh my god? Internet or one million dollars? Id go for the million come on. I rather be living on white beach with palms and my ipod then sitting here with internet. I mean internet is great but helloooo hahaha when your older youd probably go and do other things

This is materialism, i would not do anything for money apart from earning it HONESTLY because I do not want the world, I want what is Hereafter. I want Allah to be impressed with me, I want to be among the pious and the righteous.

Well, I wouldn't do anything immoral, illegal or detrimental to my health. :) I guess that doesn't leave much does it? Money isn't worth it. The important things in life you cannot buy with money.

Depends in very many cases. If its the loss of some luxuries, well it depends. Giving up the internet for being a millionaire, probably not, considering its slowly becoming a resouce. But its give up cable tv, the pool, maybe.. Giving up air-conditioning (although I dont have it right now where i live) would be a borderline case.But if its to go on reality shows and so forth. Well it depends on what type of show it is, if its to make a complete $#@#E out of yourself or sitting in a house all day (ie Big Brother), in that case probably not. But if its challenges such as the Amazing Race, then perhaps.