xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Which Domain Of These Ones Would People Recommend? I cant decide which domain to get

Right, I hope the Trap community can help me out here from a different perspective.I have a few free domains that I'd like to get one for an RC forum. This will include helis, cars, boats and other stuff I've yet to think of.Now its only between these four domains - thanks to everyone who helped it this far - please say which you think would be best, most memorable or most suited to the purpose: ( Other domain suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated too :D )rc-talk.net----------rc-help.inforc-help.net

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I disagree with rc-net.net, it seems wierd because of the "net.net". And it doesn't say much about the site, from looking at that I couldn't tell what it's about, my site "sepiasfx.net", well, "FX" means Graphics so you can it's about Graphic Design(most times), understand?rc-help.info would be good though. I suppose "RC" is for radio control, RC Help, would state what it's about, and .info would tell people that it's going to be informative, and plus IT'S FREE! :D

Well I would go for one of the .net domains but repetition is sort of wierd so I would go for the rc-talk.net or you could spice it up and use rc-innovations.net or something like that. It really all depends on what's easy to remember and sort of flows easily.

Thanks for the input so far everyone... I can see this is going to be decided pretty quick :DKubi, your right (Sorry, forgot to mention) RC is for Radio control as you rightly said... And you say .info domains are free... that made me sit up and bang my head! now theres something. unfortunately I googled for free .info domain and a few others, got nothing... Do you know of a certain site where they are free? If so I would be amazingly grateful if you posted it.Sorry Nani Cheri, nothing personal, although on second look net.net does seem a little odd so its gone from the list :D - Though you can say you got there first and started off the helping!I like the idea of more interesting names, but I couldn't think of anything that really stuck and was kinda fitting... I think shorter names that mostly have rc in them would be best...!Please do continue to make this decision easier !!! (in hindsight a poll mighta been cool ) - Narrowed down the list a lot now, though I'm still open for additions to it :D

I would definatly go with rc-talk.net. It sounds way better. :D Especially if your going to pay for it...Anyway, tell me when you have it up, I'm interested in RC also. I own a Duramax Maximum BX (Nitro) that's tons of fun to drive. :D Do you have it up now, or are you not going to put it up till you have a domain?

I would definatly go with rc-talk.net. It sounds way better. :D Especially if your going to pay for it...Anyway, tell me when you have it up, I'm interested in RC also. I own a Duramax Maximum BX (Nitro) that's tons of fun to drive. :D
Do you have it up now, or are you not going to put it up till you have a domain?

Thanks... nitro cars Rock don't they :D I got a schumacher XTR, had it for ages, even whilst various friends have theirs break down, one of my friends exploded his engine - Mine's still going strong!!! - Kinda upgraded to helis too, got a big nitro one and a mini electric... the mini one kicks **bottom**!
unfortunately I don't have the site up now, but I am using the time to think about getting it started and a few base pages... Should be good. I do intend to have it running as soon as I can though... Any help getting started would be appreciated too, you could get in there to member #2 ! If you wanted to help out and you thought of any cool page designs feel free to e-mail me - james (d0t) mcguire (AT) talk21 (d0t) com

I would suggest you rc-help.net its easy to remember and net is very popular for websites.. of course its no so popular then .com but its popular.. because Lots of people when search a website they for first type .com and if there is no such site they wanted to see then they try .net :D..

Yes, it seems the .net's are popular... i just better get together another ?8.99 :Dit will most probably be a web site, although, if I find an easy way (i have no idea at the moment) how to set up a wap version too i would do that :D

I will like to go with the .info domain because I think your site will be giving some sort of information.So, from your list .info's are:rctalk.inforc-talk.inforc-help.inforc-net.inforcgroups.infoEliminate rc-net.info and rcgroups.info because they rc-net doesn't tells anything about site's content and rcgroups sounds like a group or forum.Also eliminate rctalk.info because rc-talk looks better than rctalk.So we are left with:rc-talk.inforc-help.infoNow it's up to the site whether it's contents only talks about different products or is helping you to choose the better one.

I will like to go with the .info domain because I think your site will be giving some sort of information.Now it's up to the site whether it's contents only talks about different products or is helping you to choose the better one.

Thanks for the detailed help bhav! I think it would be geared more towards helping people out with choices than general talk, so a rc-help would probably be more fitting... although it wouldn't be much of a site if there wasn't talk as well!

I'll have to see how the votes go for which is better: an rc-talk or an rc-help??? (and whether a .info or a .net would be better?)
So Far: ___ rc-talk.net (3) ___ rc-help.info (2) ____ rc-help.net (1)

Thanks again
James

anyone else to help choose between these remaining three domains?the go like this: rc-talk.net, rc-help.net or rc-help.info

Hi . I m new here and saw your questionI think .net is the best tag. Because it is the short form of network.Then talk.net is good also because talking is the best action which mankind do.That is my own opinion of course.Have a nice night