xisto Community
shyam

Windows Xp Update Starts To Weed Out Pirate Keys Look out

MICROSOFT HAS started implementing features in upgrades to Windows XP which specifically prevent users of pirated keys from upgrading parts of the operating system. Microsoft said its Genuine Advantage scheme would prevent pirated copies of XP from downloading anything but the most critical downloads. Owners of pirated keys in Western Europe tell the INQUIRER that scheme has now kicked in. What this means, for example, is that if you upgrade the Media Player to version 10, and you're using a pirated copy of XP, you'll lose functionality on your machine.Microsoft said it would launch the scheme in China at the end of October, and throughout Europe early next year. But it appears to have implemented it early. Pirate users are being invited to either validate their copies of the operating system, or to download and pay for a full version of Windows XP.

Well, with that, I think more of us will be transfering on Linux I guess... Or we'll have outdated software :(

and then so what... there are many other os other than windows isnt it!! you could always use linux.. its the best MORE stable than windows and the best part of allit is free

I think it is good that they are doing it.I think when someone pirates a program, they are saying that it isnt that good. And windows is buggy at times, but it has some quite useful advantages (namely pretty much everything is for windows)I say help microsoft out or else they make never make windows again, and then everything would be useless.

If you have a pirated copy of XP its your own stupid fault, really in my opinion. Theres plenty of ways to get legit software, I don't think you should even be allowed "the most critical updates". Grow up and do it properly.Just a thought: Microsoft can tell if your version of XP is pirated. Presumably they knew this all along, so why dont they just terminate unregistered/pirated versions of XP? Just a thought.... I guess its probably not that simple.

well.. thats terrible.. thanks god that i have an original version of XP but what the other are saying is true, that's fool from microsoft cuz if that's an strategy well i think that instead of changin to legitimate versions they'll just change to linux. u_u

That means los or trouble for those ppl using the pirated microsoft Win XP...

It's impossible. In mIRC if your in the room of hackers and crackers, they give away free legal windows xp serial numbers than is valid and is accepted by the Windows XP Updater program. :D

First I remember the day when microsoft has say that windows xp i most secure of all windows and that there are no security exploits and thas is unable to use pirated keys and we know that more than 90% people uses pirated cd- key Hackers are better than the microsoft :D we must say that :DWhen longhorn comes again there will be pirated keys and there will be holes and everything else Rock the world :D

I'm glad Microsoft's trying so hard to prevent pirated XPs from downloading the upgrades, but still. There are some good hackers out there that could probably bypass that. Unfortunately, no matter what they do, some will be able to bypass it. It may lower the number of pirated versions, but it can't block all of them.